2 teaspoons butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small orange, quartered
1 small onion, quartered
Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 375

2. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken; trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.

3. Combine oregano and next 7 ingredients (through paprika) in a small bowl. Rub oregano mixture under loosened skin and over breasts and drumsticks. Place garlic in body cavity; arrange orange and onion quarters in cavity. Tie ends of legs together with twine. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 165. Let stand 10 minutes. Discard skin. Remove orange quarters; squeeze juice over chicken. Discard oranges, garlic cloves, and onions. Yield: 4 servings.

ladybecklyn
April 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Ooooo...this sounds delicious!

Lainey
April 15th, 2007, 05:43 AM
that sounds wonderful but I bet I could use lemon instead haha.. ok I admit lemon is my favorite citrus ever and not sweet I know but I loves em. Again another recipe I will have to try out and see how it is when I think of all those rotisserie chickens we buy at the story this is one better and we can have the leftovers yummy too.