PDA

View Full Version : any books that you can recommend??

Lishers
July 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
hey keri!!!!
i am a huge fan of yours!!!! i more or less just got into your books, but being that i seem to read extremely quickly i am now at the dreaded stage of waiting for your newest book to come out! which i may add is going to be worth the while even if to me its going to be an extremely long wait...
with that said, i wanted to know if there are any books that you would recommend??

well, take care of yourself and once again, i look forward to your next book!!!! :)

Annetta
January 30th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hi,
I'm not Keri but I also have to read something between her releases.

Try Patricia Briggs. Her Mercy Thompson and Alpha books are very good. Hope that helps...

I'm always looking for a new author to fill in the spaces, especially one who has a few books out, so if anyone else has any names pass them along!!

hollie
January 31st, 2009, 10:43 AM
if you look around the forum there are a lot of authors and some have series out.
Shelley Munro is one of my faves her middlemarsh books are excelent.
at the moment i'm reading Michelle Hasker's agency series.
Yasmine Galenorn has a wonderful urban fantasy series out as well it really depends on what you like.

lavagrl
February 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
If you like paranormal romances I'd definitely recommend Laurell K Hamilton, Charelene (not sure on the spelling) Harris, Kim Harrison, and Kelly Armstrong. Other genres: Janet Evanovich (really not sure on the spelling), does the Stephanie Plum mysteries and they're really funny; Jim Butcher does urban fantasies that are very entertaining.

:Owl3:

CharmedGirl
February 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Richelle Mead - her Vampire Academy and Succubus series.

Jeaniene Frost - her Night Huntress series. (Really good - the main guy Bones total hottie!)

Keri Arthur - Nikki and Michael series is really good as well if you haven't read it. The first book is Dance with the Devil, second book - Hearts in Darkness, third book - Chasing the Shadows and the fourth book - Kiss the Night Goodbye.

Rachel Vincent - her Fayth Sanders series. The new book was released on the 1st February. First book - Stray, second book - Rogue and the new book - Pride. The fourth book is due out July and it's called Prey.

Okay are all I recommend for now because others have mentioned everything else I'd recommend. LOL

MPlaymate
February 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM
the immortal series by Joy Nash, Robin t popp and Jennifer ashley are really good too!!!! the final book of the series should be out by now!!! the series is great!!!!

Shelley Munro
February 26th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Thanks for mentioning my Middlemarch series, Hollie :)

I'd like to recommend Nalini Singh's Psy series. I have a post at my blog today featuring authors who write feline shifter paranormals. You might find someone of interest on that.

Here's the link:
http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/2009/02/26/read-a-feline-paranormal-romance/

Shelley

MPlaymate
March 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
one of the characters in the immortals book is a werewolf!!!!

CharmedGirl
March 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Shelley

Your middlemarch series is awesome Shelley. I can't wait for the next one in the series. :notworthy:

hollie
March 14th, 2009, 06:21 PM

I'd like to recommend Nalini Singh's Psy series. I have a post at my blog today featuring authors who write feline shifter paranormals. You might find someone of interest on that.

Here's the link:
http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/2009/02/26/read-a-feline-paranormal-romance/

Shelley

i love your books and i just finished book 7

CharmedGirl
March 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
i love your books and i just finished book 7

Have you read Fringe Benefits by Shelley yet Hollie? It's another very good book.

hollie
March 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM
yeah i like her talking dog series as well but i still only have the first one of them

CharmedGirl
March 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM
i like her talking dog series as well but i still only have the first one of them

I need to read Shelley's talking dog series. I have the first book but I haven't read it yet.

Shelley's other books are really good as well. I loved Fancy Free. It was totally funny and I'm sure Shelley had a great time writing it. LOL

MPlaymate
March 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
all author's have fun writing there stories!!! because they know people will read and really enjoy them!!!!

Maria M.
March 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Most of my favorites have been mentioned already but here are some more great ones.

J.R. Ward- great vampire brotherhood series.

Anything by Cynthia Eden

Karen Marie Moning - fever series is great!

Anything by Gena Showalter- I especially recommend her alien
huntress series

MaryJanice Davidson Undead series

Christine Warren- Other series