PDA

View Full Version : Taking a shot

TamiParrington
November 17th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Well, I just submitted my mainstream comedy cop thriller to the Court TV crime fiction contest. Crossing fingers. Grand prize (only prize) is $1000.00 and a chance to be published by Reagan Press (imprint of Harper Collins). I don't know if they'll bite on it since it's got such a tongue-in-cheek comedy element, but it's a shot. I know where I want to sub it if it doesn't get selected by CTV though, so it's cool and no pressure (much anyway, lol). I am anxious for December 11th now since that's the 1st round judging.

Mary E
November 19th, 2006, 09:41 AM
you'll be great

Karenne
December 3rd, 2006, 03:49 AM
So when do you find out Tami?

TamiParrington
December 3rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
I'll find out about the first round on December 11th. Final judging I believe is something like the 28th of December.

The same story (1st chapter) is also entered in 'City Paper's' crime story contest. The deadline for that one is Dec 11th, I'm not exactly sure when they notify on it.

It's gonna be a tense December around here. LOL

Mary E
December 3rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
And again I say your great no worries . So girl go grab a fine man in a fine book so you ca put him away when ur done or better yet for those ofus who love you open a blank word Document and write a holiday freebie for us. Either thing will eventually melt the stress

As a fan I vote freebie as a Mod I can't vote but if i could I'd second my first vote plssssssss

TamiParrington
December 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
You know what, Mary? You've just inspired me. :) A little holiday gift is in the works.