PDA

View Full Version : My upcoming "Hooray They Are Out of My Hair" Giveaway!!

ChristieSilvers
July 17th, 2008, 12:49 AM
In celebration of my older children going back to school in only two more weeks, I will be holding another giveaway in September. This giveaway will run for the entire month of September so everyone will have plenty of time to enter.

More details will be in my August newsletter and then will be posted here as well. So stay tuned!! :) And YAY for school starting back. LOL!

Dani
July 17th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Cool Christie! I'll be looking out for it. :biggrin:

sabby07
July 17th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Oh Christie, I know your joy mine go back in 3 weeks- happy dance!:orange:

hollie
July 17th, 2008, 06:04 AM
you lot are really going to rub this in arn't you mine go back in 7 weeks

ChristieSilvers
July 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
:lol: That's ok Hollie. We still love you. :lol:

hollie
July 17th, 2008, 09:02 AM
you are forwarned when i start snapping at people and getting names wrong (which I do a lot ) just give me coffee and send me to a corner (a book helps too)smilies/chickdance.g

Debora Dennis
July 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Dang - my kids don't go back until the first week in September (I refuse to even start counting the days yet :wacko: ) I'm right there with ya Hollie...but come the end of August my coffee is going to need something stronger in it that cream!

I'll be looking out for your contest Christie!

hollie
July 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I know what you mean my eldest boy has his birthday 16 august he'll be 11 and he starts high school this time so he is full of himself oh and he just did better than his sister did in the tests they take before high school - she is one unhappy teenager Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
July 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Good for your son doing so well, Hollie! Too funny about your daughter being mad. My girls would be the same way and the oldest would be all puffed up about it. :lol:

Oh, and I don't drink coffee, but I do have something stronger in the evenings. :lol: Thank goodness for a big bottle of coconut rum. :lol:

Dani
July 17th, 2008, 07:34 PM
you lot are really going to rub this in arn't you mine go back in 7 weeks
Hollie, I mentioned this in Christie's other thread that Colin doesn't go back until the 20th of August, so you're not the only one that has to wait. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
August 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM
We're only days away from the start of this giveaway! Everything is up and ready on the website, so when Sept 1st rolls around don't forget to stop by and enter to win either an autographed poster or your choice of e-book. :-)

Dani
August 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I can't wait!!! Bouncy Icon Smilie

Catherine Bybee
August 25th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm bored... I don't have anything to do. Can we go to the movies? My friends don't call me.

Or my personal favorite...
"Why are you on that computer all day long?"

Dani
August 25th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Oh, so yours ask that about the computer too? LOL!

ChristieSilvers
August 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
LOL! Well, I have Netflix, so come on over and we'll watch some movies!

My hubby is starting to understand that the computer keyboard is actually fused to my fingertips. I bought a laptop just so I didn't have to hear him whine to get on the computer any more. LOL!

Dani
August 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
That's an excellent reason for a laptop! :biggrin:

ChristieSilvers
August 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I agree! It's my baby. No one is allowed to touch it and it goes with me anytime we are away from home overnight. :lol: We'll be out of town for one night in October and my only requirement when I booked a hotel room was that it had free WI-FI. :lol:

The hubby was not impressed. *giggle*

Dani
August 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Well, if he's thinking of a nice night with no distractions and you bring the laptop, then that means distractions. This is also thinking that you go without the kids too. If the kids go then I'm sure the laptop will serve to distract you from their antics. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
August 25th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Nope. It's 6 hours of driving so that he can enjoy about 4 hours of watching Nascar cars running around and around in a circle. Then back to the hotel room around 1am to sleep a few hours and back on the road for 6 hours to come home.

We are going without kids, but there's no "romance" expected. I don't like Nascar, but it is fun to be without the kids overnight. Even if there isn't any "fun" going on. LOL

Dani
August 25th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Ahhhh, I get it. Well, it's good to keep the laptop with you for the race. He can watch and you can write. WriterCoffee

ChristieSilvers
August 26th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Yep. He gets over it really quick once we get up there and he's surrounded by his racing stuff. We have nice conversations on the ride to and from, but once the race starts you can't hear each other anyway. This time I'm taking my MP3 player with me to listen to--instead of the loud engines of the 40-something cars racing by at high speeds.

hollie
August 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
when we go racing I take my ereader or 2 books (just incase) the track is only 1/2 hour away and it's 6-8 hours of racing