PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend so young adult books???

ashes23
July 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Hey everyone! I need some help. I got a friend of mines 14 yr old stuck on vampire books. Can anyone recommend any?? She's read the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer. (Guess who will be standing with her at the book store at midnight to get Breaking Dawn on the 2nd....) She's going to be reading The Summoning next, after I get done with it. Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. :thankyou:

CharmedGirl
July 23rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer is brilliant but she's already read that. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn to be released in August.

Jennifer Shirk
July 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Well... it's not a vampire book/series, but Ally Carter's "Id Tell You I Love You but then I'd Have to Kill You" was adorable. (I think Disney bought the rights and are going to make a movie on it)
I read it then enjoyed it so much I bought it for my neice who's 13.

sabby07
July 23rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Amy,
Alright here is a list for you
Vampire Kisses (5 books)- Ellen Schreiber
Vampire Beach (4 books republished into 2)- Alex Duval
Boys that Bite seies (3 books)- Mary Mancusi
Morganville Vampires( 4 books so far)- Rachel Caine
Vampire Diaries (4 books republished into 2)- LJ Smith
Uninvited- Amanda Marrone
Vampire Academy (2 books so far)- Richelle Mead
Evernight- Claudia Gray
Blue Bloods (2 books so far)-Melissa De La Cruz
Night World (3 books combined) LJ Smith

Here is a few to get you started. Richelle Mead is great one of my favorites she has an adult series out and a second one on its way.

sabby07
July 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
One more author for you
Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is very good, She started writting when she was super young (13 I think). She has a few different books and I know some of them are vampire.

ashes23
July 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer is brilliant but she's already read that. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn to be released in August.
I agree Bec. Since I'm the reason she's so facinated (she saw my collection and asked what some were about), I'm the lucky one that gets to at least scan the books first. Her mom did a search on barnesandnoble.com and saw anne rice and stephen king and threw a fit, couldn't believe they were on the teen fiction section, so I get to check out the books first now. I've actually read the ones she has, I really enjoyed them. Of course it's really nice that I get to read the books and don't have to pay for them too.

Thanks everyone!! Looks like Savanna and I will be spending some time in the book store tomorrow.

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks Sabby that lot might keep Jodie Quiet for a while she has desided the books at school are borring and i i'm struggling to find time to read books to see if they are suitable for a 13 year old girl.

sabby07
July 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hollie,
I don't think there is anything besides being a vampire in those books. Teen Drama yes but no sex.

Daelith
July 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is supposed to be YA. The first of a paranormal series. Haven't read it myself but have in the TBR pile.

sabby07
July 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
that is one of my favorite books. Her third book comes out in March.

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hollie,
I don't think there is anything besides being a vampire in those books. Teen Drama yes but no sex.

Thats what I need, I know the school books are safe but she wont read them anymore -although she has been through most of them. I'm worried about buying books with out reading them first and she reads quicker than I do so if you say these ones are ok i'll get some for her over the summer