PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

jj Keller
July 23rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the fabulous Coffee Time Romance experience. I'm dropping in to get my feet wet and say Hi!

I write fantasies from hot sweaty sex which can be found in The Ghost Inside to sweet romance of The Watcher and The Tarot Card,. Mystery and suspense will creep into your life if you read Believe and Trade Agreement.

A tug to the heartstrings can be found in Melody's Song.

Dark Shadows is an urban fantasy, due to be released in e-print October 15, 2008 and print, February, 2009.

Please check out excerpts at my website and chat with me. I'm here for you.

CharmedGirl
July 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome to CTR JJ.

I'll make sure to check out the excerpts.

Have fun posting.

sabby07
July 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
:welcome1: JJ!

Dani
July 24th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the forums JJ!

Hope you have fun here. :biggrin:

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
:welcome1: to coffee time JJ

jj Keller
July 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Wow! Fantastic! I'm grinning and singing an off-key song as a result of the joy you all have given me. Thank you!

Here's an excerpt from Melody's Song, "a love song will lead two opposing forces to bond in harmony" a best seller at Cobblestone-Press.com

Blurb:
Melody Haney has an angelic singing voice, but denies the gift after her son dies. Out of obligation, when she is asked to sing to hospitalized children she agrees. Accused of stealing drugs from the oncology unit she pushes away the one man who would stand by her.
<o></o>
Dr. Devon Siegal, pediatric oncologist, doesn’t believe in coincidences. Even when faced with evidence that could damn her, he continues to believe in Melody’s innocence. He has faith she will tell him everything and love will prevail.
<o></o>
Devon popped one (a wipe) from the container. “I’ve seen Phantom a couple of times, and I swear I don’t remember that song. What is the name of it?”

<o></o>
“Luca, the music director, altered the base of a couple of Verdi songs and created his own lyrics. They added it the program as Canzone da Infelicità or Misery Song.” She crushed the wipe in the palm of her hand and met his gaze. “So you like it?”

<o></o>
<st1>Devon</st1> kissed her. Not with the tentative searching type of kiss she envisioned while she’d been on stage, but a deep, full, head-on kiss. He gave her a lip-lock which sent her mind to spinning and her knees to lose all ability to hold her upright. His arm remained around her waist, thankfully, or she would have fallen to the ground like a 1950’s actress.

<o></o>
He softly whispered, “Whoa.”

<o></o>
“I take that as a yes.” She kissed him, a questioning type of kiss. She didn’t like this man’s personality, but they had a connection. A type of chemical bond that drew them together and they mixed very well. “Is your house nearby?” <o></o>

<o></o>

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
oh wow that sound promising I like doctors Lusty Drool Smilie

jj Keller
July 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hollie,
Thank you for your kind words. You can find other excerpts on my website (www.jj-keller.com (http://www.jj-keller.com)) and Cobblestone-Press. The story is getting excellent reviews.

I hope your day improves from crappy!smilies/cloud9.gif

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was just reading them The Watcher looks good as well

jj Keller
July 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
The Watcher

Soul mates, everlasting love, is this a folktale we keep alive because we want to believe in true love?

Museum curator, Emily Lucent, specializes in ancient Scottish swords. When she hears a highland voice calling to her, she falls in love with the disembodied spirit seven days before her wedding.

Part of the Guardian Angel squad, Netzach is her watcher. He loves Emily desperately, and defies his deities to have her.

Her fiancé, Jon Hart, M.D., serves evil. He spouts words of love until Emily agrees to marry him. She wants out of the engagement, he wouldn’t release her. Vengeance and anger took him to Scotland.

Will Emily survive Jon’s sharp blade and be reunited with her watcher? Can love, true love, survive centuries?

Currently, the sofa remained vacant. And it remained empty, as her pocketbook would be after this session. She recalled Jon’s words about the hoax. Just leave. Give the fortune teller a hundred bucks and call the prophecy an adventure.

<o></o>“Well, I never. Emily, the watcher said I’m influencing you, and I should leave so you can relax and concentrate. Do you want me to leave you alone?” Mikhail tapped a righteous rhythm with her foot onto the hard wood floor.

“Well, I, um, I guess that would be fine.” Emily continued to stare at the sofa, as if the penetration would create an image. Fine! She didn’t mind being left alone with… nothing.

“Ok, I’ll be just outside the door, in the lobby. If you need anything just call out, and I’ll be in here with holy water or a silver bullet or whatever it takes. Uh huh, you can laugh all you want, Zach, but you harm one hair on this little lady’s head, and I’ll bring in my box of goodies and do some damage to your beautiful face.” With this being said, the fortune teller, with an attitude, launched a flamboyant lift from her chair.

“He’s beautiful?” Emily narrowed her eyes, and tried to focus on the sofa.

“That’s right, missy. He’s preening at the compliment. I’ll not let his handsome image influence me one bit. You hear that, Mr. Watcher?” Mikhail uncrossed her arms, strutted out the door, and firmly shut it behind her.

Mikhail is the heroine of Believe, an excellent suspensful story containing a great deal of believability.

Believe, The WatcherMelody's Song& Soon, The Ghost Inside@ http://www.Cobblestone-Press.com
Soon: Trade Agreement, Crimson Line @http://www.thewildrosepress.com &
The Tarot Card, Rosebud for the Champagne Rose Line.<o></o>
October 15, 2008: Dark Shadows, www.teasetarot.com (http://www.teasetarot.com), Tease Publishing LLC. <o></o>
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM
so Mikhail is in all 3 books? Do they need to be read in order?

jj Keller
July 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for asking Hollie.

No, they can be read separately. The only connection is the antagonist (in Believe and Melody's Song).which will create a fourth and final book to the series.

The Watcher is my first publication and I love the story. The idea of true love lasting centuries and the trials people go through to find and hold onto love is a concept that needs further investigation. Zach and Emily's story is a mere drop in the pool.

Lines from reviews: The Watcher
**This is a well-written story of lost love and true soul mates. I was drawn in by the love between Emily and her mysterious voice, Netzach. But their struggle to overcome evil in their quest to be together forever is what kept me anxiously turning the pages. I was lost in this story from the first chapter and will definitely ad it to my list to read again. Anyone who loves a wonderful love story and the battle of good versus evil will love this one.
Sandra, <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="logo" style='width:249.75pt;height:32.25pt;visibility:vi sible; mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\vhahn\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\cl ip_image001.gif" o:title="logo"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/vhahn/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif<!--[endif]-->

**If you enjoy suspenseful, well-written stories that delve into dreams and thoughts of the supernatural--of angels, tarot cards, crystal balls, fortune tellers, and of forces of good fighting forces of evil, then you should thoroughly enjoy this fantastic read, The Watcher. Great job, jj Keller.
Karen, Euro-Reviews
<o></o>
** jj Keller creates a story that grabs you at the first page. The author entangles you in her wonderful story and just as you start to cry at the injustice done to Emily, she puts a smile on your face. The Watcher is not much on white hot sex, but you get a vivid tour of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1>Scotland</st1></st1:country-region> and a great plot instead, and I have never enjoyed a story more. The Watcher is one of those books that you just want to read again and I heartily recommend it!
Alisha, Two Lips Reviews
<o></o>
** j.j. Keller gives romance a mystical twist in THE WATCHER. I found it an interesting tale. I especially enjoyed the character Mikhail, the gypsy fortune teller. She really was a wonderful catalyst for the story. If you like spicy paranormal suspense this is a good one to read.
By Romance Junkies Reviewer: Lisa<o> </o>
<o></o>
**Will one moment of desire to be reunited with his eternal true love affect their outcome to be together forever?Can your heart race in anticipation at the sound of a male spirit’s voice? This reviewer thought so, especially when reading the heart felt story of Emily and Netzach. How wonderfully refreshing to have an author remind us that love is eternal and also that through love anything is possible. This story contained a potpourri of magical elements guaranteed to satisfy every palette. A job well done by Ms. Keller and I truly hope that her future releases are as captivating as The Watcher.
Miss Sunshine, Night Owl Reviews

Believe has more paranormal elements. Melody's Song is a tear jerker, but uplifting.

I hope you get a chance to read one or all of them. Thank you, Hollie!

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 06:34 PM
they sound really good i've put them on my wish list

Dani
July 25th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Great excerpts JJ! I'll be looking into these books.

jj Keller
July 25th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Thank you for your kind words. I must tell you, I'm lovin' your name. Both of my favorites, the Irish and wolves.

Dani
July 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Thank you! The wolf is my favorite Canidae (it's the class that wolves are put in, I can't really call them canines can I? LOL). Part of my heritage is Irish, so that's basically where I got my name. I love tigers too, but the name IrishTiger just didn't sound right. Laugh it Up fuzball

jj Keller
July 28th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I'm intrigued by your page elements. The graphic is fabulous and you quoted Tolkien!

Dani
August 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
JJ, do you mean my CTR Staffer page or my My Space page? I have that quote on both of them. I have a feeling that you were talking about my MySpace page because that's the one that has all the different pictures and things on it. I love fantasy and paranormal things so you'll see a lot of fairies, vamps and wolves among the other pictures. I put things up in rotation because I can stand to totally get rid of some pictures to put up others. Speaking of that, it's time to update and rotate. smilies/bump.gif

jj Keller
August 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Yes, your my space page is fascinating. Both sites are brilliant.

You might like THE GHOST INSIDE, being released through www.cobblestone-press.com (http://www.cobblestone-press.com) this Friday, 08/08/08. It's a fun paranormal.

You can be in a drawing for a free copy by visiting CP's chat room!

Here's a blurb:
For <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Sale</st1:city></st1>: <s>Haunted Mansion</s> Lovely estate. Jacey Hewson must sell her recently inherited house, but first she needs to find priceless swords.

Griff hates ghosts and blackmailers. To get rid of one, he has to face the other when he renovates Jacey's house.

Neither expects to find love in the cobwebs.

hollie
August 7th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I love the sound of this one I always wanted to live in the big house at the edge of my mum's village that looks haunted

jj Keller
August 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Ah, Hollie. You must be my sister soul...
I hope you can attend the chat and try to win the book. It's such a fun story. The only thing sad about the yarn is the quick pace. The tale ends before you want it to do so...which means a sequel is being created.

The cover is fab! It can be viewed on www.Cobblestone-Press.com (upcoming releases) and on my website...www.jj-keller.com

hollie
August 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'll try to get in there i've never been before

jj Keller
August 8th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hollie,
I hope you can make it. I was intimidated at first by chat groups, but I slowly immersed myself. Cobblestone Chat is a fun group of people. You might like chatting.:)

If you can't TRS is giving away a copy of The Ghost Inside tomorrow (08/09/08). Sign up!

Dani
August 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
JJ, the story looks great! You're right to say that I'd be interested in it. :)

jj Keller
August 8th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Oh, super sipfy woman, you're making me blush. Thank you!

Megan Rose
August 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hi JJ. It's great to see you here. Thanks so much for dropping by The Bistro yesterday. I hope you had fun.

hollie
August 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hollie,
I hope you can make it. I was intimidated at first by chat groups, but I slowly immersed myself. Cobblestone Chat is a fun group of people. You might like chatting.:)

If you can't TRS is giving away a copy of The Ghost Inside tomorrow (08/09/08). Sign up!

Sorry I didn't get there JJ but i've put it on my to buy list as soon as i fix paypal and i can use it again

jj Keller
August 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hollie,
Go to The Romance Studio today (8.9.08) and sign up to win a copy. I'll keep you posted of other contests. Maybe you can win it before your paypal is fixed.

Thank you! Your words are sweet.

Have a great weekend.

jj

jj Keller
August 9th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi! Nice to see you Megan Rose. I had a wonderful time yesterday. You and Joe made us all feel so welcome. Thank you for letting us post excerpts from our books.

Have a wonderful weekend.

jj

hollie
August 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I been and entered fingers crossed smilies/bump.gif

jj Keller
August 18th, 2008, 02:14 PM
When he writes a message on your etch-a-sketch.

The Ghost Inside has been released...
through www.cobblestone-press.com (http://www.cobblestone-press.com)

Excerpt:
Okay, she didn’t disbelieve paranormal theories. All of her family members believed a ghost lived in the <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Ames</st1:city></st1> mansion. She had witnessed the furniture reappearing in the parlor and the odd caressing of her skin, but couldn’t make her mind wrap around the true possibility. Could she deal with this? Could she believe the ghost communicates like a human? Get logical here, you’re an English teacher, ask questions. Prove the theory.<o></o>
“All right, Mr. Ghost, what do you mean you were inside me?”<o></o>
The glass cleared and new frost appeared. ‘Kit’ and then ‘TEN inches.’<o></o>
“You used a kit to make me come? I didn’t realize ghosts could use a dildo.” She picked up her lipstick and rolled it over her mouth using the now clean cheval glass. Her calmness amazed her. Here she was carrying on a conversation with a phantom.<o></o>
Not quite confident, a chill ran through her when the imager frosted up again.<o></o>
‘No,’ was boldly printed and then in cursive, ‘Christopher’.<o></o>
“Oh, so your name is Christopher, but you want to be called Kit.” She fluffed her hair. <o></o>
The doorbell rang, so she didn’t wait for his response. She ran down the stairs. There he stood, the man of her dreams. The guy who had given her the best fantasy orgasm she’d ever want to experience. She glanced behind her, or had he?<o></o>
“Hi, Griff,” she breathed and connected her gaze with his.<o></o>
His eyes glowed with humor. Griff must get this adoration stuff all the time.<o></o>
“Good morning, Jacey. How are you feeling this morning?”<o></o>
“Well, thank you. And you?”<o></o>
“Good. Good. I’d like to take a look around the inside, if you don’t mind.”<o></o>
“Inside?” Her heart palpitated to a frightening fast beat. “Sure. Want me to show you around?”<o></o>
<o>
jj Keller<o></o>
Fantasies with spice and humor.
<o></o>www.jj-keller.com (http://www.jj-keller.com)<o></o>
All rights reserved.<o></o></o>

Dani
August 18th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Congrats JJ!

If you're wondering, I edited your post to get the >> things out of there and fix up a place around the name of the mansion because there were extra words and characters there that I could tell didn't belong. That kind of stuff happens when things are copied and pasted from one site to another, so it's very common. LOL!

jj Keller
August 19th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Wow! Good to know. I didn't notice when I copied. I'll be more aware next time. Thank you so much for taking care of me!
You're sweet.

Dani
August 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I try! :biggrin:

At least you can post excerpts without too many problems. Some people can't figure out how to post them, even with the tutorial I put up in the posting pointers area. It can be difficult sometimes too because when things get posted there are characters that you don't see that come along with the excerpt that you've cut from one site to post here and those characters make it look like there are images in the post. It confusing, but I'll explain it more sometime.