PDA

View Full Version : Oh my! It's time!!

ChristieSilvers
August 7th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'm excited to share that my kids went back to school yesterday. :lol: YAY!! They went easily and without a fight. Not that they would have fought it anyway, as they love school.

What's funny is that my oldest told me she was asked by two different teachers if she was "Christie Silvers' daughter" and when she said yes they told her that they loved my books. *Shocking* That was a nice surprise. smilies/cloud9.gif

The house was so quiet and peaceful with just the toddler here with me. I got more writing done in one sitting than I have in quite some time. I hate getting up early, but I sure do like getting more work done in the day.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day and that your children will be in school soon, too! Cheerleader:clap:

hollie
August 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
4 weeks and counting Christie we went to get most of the uniforms on Tuesday so now all I have to do is count days oh and buy 4 pairs of shoes

ChristieSilvers
August 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
YAY, Hollie! It won't be long now for you. :)

sabby07
August 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Mine started back on Monday and all I can say is what a world of difference! the house is quiet and there is no fighting lol.

ChristieSilvers
August 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Oh I completely agree! It's sooo quiet here. The youngest is just playing with her blocks and hasn't even asked to watch tv today. I has been nice!

I even have dinner in the crockpot for this evening. By the time I pick the big girls up at school the house will be smelling really yummy.

The youngest missed her sisters yesterday, but today she seems ok. She keeps telling, "Just you and me!" It's funny.

hollie
August 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM
My only broke up from school 2 weeks ago so i shouldn't whine ... not that i'll let that stop me

ChristieSilvers
August 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
:lol: It's ok, Hollie. I've been complaining since the girls' first day of summer vacation back at the end of May. :D

Dani
August 9th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Mine still has 11 days to go. Yes, I've been reduced to counting days because I want him to go back already. Usually they would be starting this Monday, but for some reason the Northeners have stuck their noses in our business and said that the kids don't get a long enough summer (like May 23rd or so to around Aug. 8th wasn't long enough), so now we can't go back to school until about two weeks until Labor Day. Meaning now we go in on the 20th of Aug. and get out in around the beginning of June and the time out of school still ends up being the same length of time, go figure.

Sorry for ranting, but this drives me nuts. I feel like doing this... :gun_bandana:

ChristieSilvers
August 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
LOL Dani! I had an actual countdown ticker on my Google homepage to countdown until school started. :lol: Now it's counting down to Halloween. :D

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 12:43 AM
That's a fantastic idea! I'll probably do that on my MySpace page since the one for Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn is finished. Then I can change it to count down my son's birthday (the day before Halloween).