PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!

Shelley Munro
August 28th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I've been absent for a few weeks now and thought I'd better pop in and say hello. I need to clean house ready for our party starting on 1 September.

At the moment I'm in Campbell River on Vancouver Island. I'm sitting in our hotel room, watching a cruise ship sail past. I've visited so many great places during our trip. We've done a lot of animal watching and on Saturday are taking a tour to watch the bears feeding on salmon. Hopefully both the weather and the bears cooperate!

If you're interested in looking at photos I have quite a few up at my blog. http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog

Shelley

Dani
August 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Shelley, are you in Canada right now? Denise Rossetti was just there about a week or so ago (but you probably know that already too...LOL). :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
August 28th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Cool pics Shelley.

Dani
August 28th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Excellent pictures Shelley. I went to your blog after I posted the first message about where you were.

hollie
August 29th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Great pics Shelley I was wondering where you had got to

Shelley Munro
September 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Yes, I was in Canada. I'm back in the US now. I did manage a quick hello with Denise while I was at the RWA conference. Unfortunately I had to rush off to dinner and we couldn't spend much time together!

I'm having a wonderful time and it will be really hard to return to work in a couple of weeks.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
September 3rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Today we visited Olympic National Park, which is near Seattle. Last night we stayed at Log Cabin Lodge, which is built on the edge of a lake. It was wonderful eating dinner with a view of the lake and mountains. Several deer grazed on the lake front.

We walked on the beach and explored the tide pools. Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos on my blog in the next couple of days.

If you'd like to read about/see photos about our adventures on Vancouver Island check out my blog http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog

Shelley

Dani
September 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
The pictures are great Shelley! It looks like y'all had a fantastic time.

Shelley Munro
September 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Only another six days to go before we have to head home. We visited Fort Clatsop and learned all about Lewis and Clark. We knew they were explorers but didn't know much about them at all. Now we know more. We're staying at Pacific City tonight on the coast. I'm very full from eating a huge dinner. My eyes were bigger than my tummy.

Shelley

Dani
September 5th, 2008, 11:53 PM
That seems to always happen when you're on vacation! LOL!

One day, I'm going to get out that way and take my son. He'd love to see it all. He already wants to go to the Grand Canyon.

Shelley Munro
September 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I'm home again but I managed to catch the flu and brought it home with me. Or should I say, Mr. Munro caught the flu and gave it to me. I'm feeling pretty miserable but should be right in a few more days. I hate being sick.

Shelley

Dani
September 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon Shelley.

Shelley Munro
September 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Dani,

I actually feel a lot better today. Tomorrow I should be almost back to noraml thank goodness!

Shelley

Dani
September 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM
That's good. At least it's going away quickly.