PDA

View Full Version : Alphabet Author - My Favorite School Supply Contest!

Debora Dennis
September 3rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
September rocks because (1.) the kids go back to school and (2.) it's like an open invitation for me to run wild through the school supply aisle!

I'm a sucker for colored markers, highlighters, sharpies, etc. Then again, I love the paper/pad aisle and the clips! I could spend all day picking out post-it notes and binder clips. And those big striped paper clips - how fun are those?

But some reason, I can't pass the date book aisle without stopping and touching every size, shape and style! I have a Palm...why I feel the pull of the datebooks, calendars and agendas is beyond me. I'm addicted to the flowery refill pages, the to-do lists, the mini-zippered pouches - damn all those accessories!

So before I go completely bonkers and work myself into a frenzy that only be cured by ANOTHER trip to the local Staples...

I've got a contest for you! My daughter and I made some pretty book thongs, I've got brand new bookmarks for The Kandy Shoppe and I've got some fun fall-themed scrapbooking sticker sheets to give away. To win one of my prize packets all you have to do is comment here - What's your favorite school supply and why.

That's it. Have fun and the winning post will be drawn randomly on October 1st.

(Want to increase your chance of winning? Head over to my Blog (http://www.deboradennis.com/blog/2008/09/03/the-1st-annual-my-favorite-school-supply-contest/) and comment there too!)

Good luck!

klmc37
September 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
I love the post its and sharpies pens and markers.

hollie
September 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
WhiteTack, because when it's not being used for sticking stuff to walls it's great for stress relief

peg360
September 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
highlighters , and markers

awheeler
September 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
pencil bags....they are a great way to show some personality, my daughter wears a uniform but she can have any sort of pencil bag so its a way for her to have some flair!!

cherierj
September 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
I love folders. You can get such a variety of colors and patterns and cool characters. There is something for every individual's taste. I also love a brand new box of crayons. Just something about a large box of crayons with lots of colors to choose from that bring back happy memories.

Koshkalady
September 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
I love the glue sticks because they make it sooo easy for cut & paste projects.

Dani
September 4th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Colored sharpies, colored pensils, post its (lined) notepads in colors and regular notepads (mini & small sizes). I have to have lots of paper to jot down notes and books that I want. Oh, and I'm a sucker for spiral notebooks too. I guess it's that lots of paper thing again. Laugh it Up fuzball

Laura K
September 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
:phone: I love the smell of the supplies! Everything turns me on. Every year I buy a bunch of supplies and have a raffle for my class. Some of the kids can't afford things like the markers, colored pencils, etc. so it's a treat to win something.

I love the post-its the most!

Debora Dennis
September 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
:phone: I love the smell of the supplies! Everything turns me on. Every year I buy a bunch of supplies and have a raffle for my class. Some of the kids can't afford things like the markers, colored pencils, etc. so it's a treat to win something.

I love the post-its the most!

Laura, that is so sweet! Thanks for posting that.

And everyone else, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my school-supply-fetish!

Keep those posts coming (and don't forget to double your chances by stopping by and commenting on the school-supply contest thread on my blog!

Diana Castilleja
September 5th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm a total pen person. I just stand and stare. http://mail.google.com/mail/im/emoticons/round/grin.png

Debora Dennis
September 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Have you seen all the new sharpies? Fat, skinny, even those little mini ones to dangle from your key-ring?

I think they might be my new favorite thing. :notworthy:

(Oh and if your a kid, my daughter is absolutely bonkers over Kooky Pens!)

hollie
September 11th, 2008, 07:28 AM
ok i have to ask what are kooky pens

Debora Dennis
September 11th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Don't say I didn't warn you that these pens are adorable and you'll probably want one!

They range in price depending where you get them - the local card stores sell them around our house for $3.99 each.

They all have clips to hang from the backpack pulls or a key-ring.

Have fun! (I think there are well over 200 designs at the moment!)

http://www.thekookys.com

wrmbreeze
September 18th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I like any kind of pens( I am addicted to pens specially ones on a string so other pen thieves can't nab mine) and sharpies.

klmc37
September 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
I love the sharpie pens myself. I have bought all different kinds.