PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate the launch of DARK HUNGER today at Coffee Time Romance!

Sara Reinke
September 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Are you ready to party? :jump:

As part of the ongoing ALPHABET AUTHORS CELEBRATION, today, all day long, here at my forum at Coffee Time Romance, we'll be celebrating the release of DARK HUNGER, Book Two in The Brethren Series, available NOW from Zebra Books for only $4.99!

In DARK HUNGER, Tessa Noble-Davenant will do anything to protect her brother, Brandon, even if that means traveling across the country with Rene Morin. A cynical,
brooding, yet startling sexy vampire, Rene seems to take pleasure in finding fault with Tessa's every move. Despite this, a sensual attraction begins to develop between the two, one to which neither can afford to succumb. Rene and Tessa are being followed -- and a single misstep will put
them at the mercy of forces more dark and powerful than they can even imagine...

You'll find an excerpt from DARK HUNGER at my website: www.sarareinke.com (http://www.sarareinke.com), along with quick-and-easy purchase links, the series promotional video and more!

And, if you stay tuned here today, I'll be sharing excerpts, behind-the-scenes scoops and much, much more! Plus, did I mention there will be PRIZES?

Yup! Post a comment or question to me here at the board today, Friday September 5, and be entered for the chance to win a copy of DARK THIRST, the first in The Brethren Series! I'll give it away to one lucky reader tonight at 9 p.m. (Eastern, US), so you have until then to enter!

Let's have some fun!:orange::thewave::huepfen017:smilies/fam03.gif

Wolf757
September 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Good Morning Sara,

So, I'm trying to talk my husband in to making a trip to Kentucky in either, oh say October or November. He is a Journeyman Farrier & the horseshoeing school is in Mt. Eden so we can combine the trip; he can go visit & I can go visit. Plus we did not have our son when we last came to Lexington in 1999 so he's 7 now & hasn't seen the beautiful farms, miles of black board fence, the Horse Park, or eaten at The Regatta (I hope its still there).

I'm heading to the bookstore this PM so I can't wait, but I think I'm going to read 'Dark Hunger' 1st. I don't usually do that but I must read it to the end. You have totally intrigued me.

Thank you & best wishes,
Susan B.

Sara Reinke
September 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hi, Susan,

On October 18, the Kentucky Romance Writers chapter of RWA is having a huge group booksigning at the Joseph Beth Booksellers store in Lexington Green, off Nicholasville Road. Loads of published authors will be on hand to participate -- myself included! More cool than me, however -- J.R. Ward and Teresa Medeiros are on tap to be there, along with Liz Bevarly and many more! It's a lot of fun -- if it coincides with your trip, you should definitely come and visit!

LOL - let me know what you think if you have the chance to read "Dark Hunger." :)

Wolf757
September 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Sara,

That's what I was insinuating! I was checking out the your website last night & strongly suggested to my hubby that a trip to KY in Oct or Nov would be great. He could go lecture/talk at the farrier school & I could go book shopping, sorry I mint visiting as far as he is concerned.

Thanks,
Susan

Sara Reinke
September 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Is anyone else but me really sleepy this afternoon? Maybe it's the weather -- it's cloudy, grey and drizzling here, the perfect day for napping.

Or maybe it's the big lunch I (over)indulged in. Or the fact that I stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late last night.

Whatever the reason, I thought the following steamy scene might wake folks up, if you were sleepy, too. DrinkingCoffeeahhh

She’d never met a man like Rene before, someone who could make her laugh out loud or want to wring his neck all in the course of one conversation; one who could charm her, move her, infuriate, amuse, challenge and fascinate her. All of that afternoon, she’d been reminded of how her grandmother Eleanor had been with the Grandfather, how they had behaved together, interacted with one another, how much emotion they had been able to convey without saying a single word. She’d been reminded because she’d seen it happening with her and Rene, and she’d come to realize that it had been growing between them all along.
<O:p></O:p>
Grandmother Eleanor would have loved Rene, she thought. And oh, dear God, I think I do, too.<O:p></O:p>
His brow arched a bit more and he stepped toward her, collapsing the space between them to no more than mere inches. He moved his hand from her stomach, trailing the cuff of his knuckles up between her breasts, caressing the side of her neck, making her shiver. “Is that so?” he murmured, his fingers uncurling against her face, his palm cradling her cheek.
He leaned toward her, and Tessa felt her heart -- which had started pounding beneath her sternum in a frantic, fluttering rhythm -- quicken all the more. Her breath hitched once, twice, then fell still, caught in the back of her throat. The pad of his thumb brushed lightly against her lips, making her hiccup softly, a shudder going through her entire body. He smiled and cocked his head, leaning closer, until the front of his shirt touched her breasts.
His lips lightly brushed hers as he used his hand to guide her face, tilting her chin up. Then his mouth settled against her, a gentle, lingering kiss that made her heart hammer, and sent chills trembling all of the way through her. The tip of his tongue slipped between her lips, dancing against her own, and he uttered a low, hungry sound, like a cross between a growl and a groan as he pulled her near, kissing her deeply. He pressed her so tightly against him, she could feel the heat from his chest through the fabric of his shirt, and the hardening strain of his growing arousal against her through his jeans.
When he pulled back, just enough to draw his lips away from hers, leaving their foreheads nearly touching, the tips of their noses together, Tessa gasped quietly, trembling.
“Merde,” Rene breathed with a quiet, shaky laugh. Shit. After a moment, he stepped back, leaving an abrupt chill in the air and against her body. “I…I shouldn’t have done that. I’m sorry, Tessa. I don’t…I don’t know what got into my head.”
“It’s alright,” Tessa whispered. She didn’t seem to be able to summon any more voice than this.
He shook his head. “No, it’s not.” He forked his fingers through his hair and turned, walking away. “You’re married, pischouette. I mean, your husband may have had six wives, but I’m sure he still cares about you and wouldn’t -- ”<O:p></O:p>
“He doesn’t care,” Tessa said. “Trust me.”<O:p></O:p>
“Sure, he does,” Rene replied. “He must.You’re carrying his baby, for Christ’s sake. He’s probably -- ”
“He used to hit me,” Tessa said, and Rene’s voice cut off in mid-sentence. He turned, visibly startled, and she looked down at the blue carpet beneath her feet. She wanted to clap her hands over her mouth and take it back somehow. Worse, now that she’d admitted it, she found herself saying even more, the words spilling out of her mouth in a rapid-fire tumble. “Martin was a horrible man. He hated my grandfather and punished me because of it. He’d punch me, slap me, knock me to the ground. He’d take off his belt and whip me with it, leave me black and blue…sometimes so much I couldn’t even walk.”
She glanced up at him, her eyes clouded with tears. “I hate him,” she whispered, her voice tremulous. “I never told anyone about it, not the Grandfather, not my father…not even Brandon…especially not <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><ST1:place>Brandon</ST1:place></st1:City>…because I…I just couldn’t…”
The words faded and her tears spilled. She pressed her hand against her mouth and turned toward the wall. Rene didn’t say anything at first. He simply went to her, draping his hand against her shoulder and turned her around.
“Come here,” he said, drawing her into an embrace.
“He doesn’t even care that I’m gone,” Tessa wept, huddled against his chest. “That bastard, he…all he wants is the baby. He wants the baby back…he wants to take my baby…!”
“No one is going to take your baby.” Rene tucked his fingertips under her chin, making her look up at him. “Listen to me. I won’t let anyone hurt you or that baby. Not now. Not ever. I swear to you, pischouette.”
He leaned forward, his lips pressing against hers again, first in promise and then with growing passion. He pushed her back against the nearest wall and pinned her there, holding her face with his uninjured hand, kissing her the entire time.
“Tu es sûr avec moi,” he told her. You are safe with me.

Wolf757
September 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hey Sara,

I just got back from the mall, ugh, in Atlanta. Waldenbooks "had" 1 copy of 'Dark Hunger' & NO 'Dark Thirst'. It is now my copy, even though the cover is wrinkled. I don't know why people don't take better care of their books. I like to start out with a pristine copy & do my own wrinkling. But it's only the cover the inside is all intact. So I tried to read through traffic, drive-thru, however nobody was cooperating & I couldn't get the 1st page finished. So, tonight I'm setting aside 'Dark Curse' & I'm reading 'Dark Hunger'.

Have a great weekend,
Susan B.

Sara Reinke
September 5th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Congratulations to Sabrina! You're the winner of a signed paperback copy of "Dark Thirst," the first in my Brethren Series! (She posted to me on the Promo thread here at the CTR forum.) Just drop me an email at sara@sarareinke.com (sara@sarareinke.com) with your mailing address and I'll get your copy out to you next week!

Thanks to everyone for joining me today as I celebrated the official release of "Dark Hunger." It's been great to meet you all, and I hope you've had as much fun as I have!

Sara
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hollie
September 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
this book is getting hotter