PDA

View Full Version : Critique partners v 2.0

Tikiboom
September 8th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I see that this suggestion was raised over a year ago and wonder if anything came of it.

I've trawled through the site looking for any sign of a writer-reader hook-up thread with no success. Or did I miss something?

A pinned/sticky thread where writers can display a sample of their wares, outline the kind of help they'd like and tout for writing partner/beta reader/critique would be really helpful.

I had a really good partner for a while until she was carried away by a relationship crisis and I've never found a replacement, despite searching for nearly two years now.

Karenne
September 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Nope. Nothing ever came of it. Some people liked it, some loved it, some hated it. BUT nothing concrete came about.

Anyone else?

Kimberly
September 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I see that this suggestion was raised over a year ago and wonder if anything came of it.

I've trawled through the site looking for any sign of a writer-reader hook-up thread with no success. Or did I miss something?

A pinned/sticky thread where writers can display a sample of their wares, outline the kind of help they'd like and tout for writing partner/beta reader/critique would be really helpful.

I had a really good partner for a while until she was carried away by a relationship crisis and I've never found a replacement, despite searching for nearly two years now.
I'm new here! I think I may have missed something good! Are you looking for people to read your stuff and tell you our opinions, etc.? Because, I am up for that!

Tikiboom
September 9th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I'm new here! I think I may have missed something good! Are you looking for people to read your stuff and tell you our opinions, etc.? Because, I am up for that!

Right, no-one else touch Kimberly! I saw her first! She's MINE!!! :wub:

Thanks for replying! I've left a message you at your profile thingie. I'll definitely get back to you.

hollie
September 10th, 2008, 05:04 AM
I've done it before if anyone wants help it's fun I enjoyed it

Karenne
September 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Okay...well if we are going to do this..then lets figure out how to set it up.

Suggestions? I can set up a new area that is called Critique Partners. But what exactly do we want in it? A Classified section? An area that allows people to post? What?

Kimberly
September 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know how to go about it! Tikiboom posted a note in my profile and we've been chatting back and forth! What's expected? What's needed? The usual type of questions. I would think that a classified would work well! That way the authors can post what they're looking for and the people who respond won't be surprised once they get involved.

Tikiboom
September 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Okay...well if we are going to do this..then lets figure out how to set it up.

Suggestions? I can set up a new area that is called Critique Partners. But what exactly do we want in it? A Classified section? An area that allows people to post? What?

On the websites I've visited, there's usually a posting template, such as:

I'm looking for: [example]someone to read and critique my work or someone who'd like me read and critique their work

My preferred romantic genre: contemporary, historical, paranormal, erotic, humourous

My writing level: complete novice, experienced but unpublished, published

My age-group: 20s, 30s 40s, 40s+.

I need assistance with/I can offer assistance with: spelling, grammar, plot, characterisation, everything

My writing features/does not feature: humour, fluff, sex scenes, profanity, same-sex relationships, BDSM, etc

or

I would prefer to read/not to read: humour, fluff, sex scenes, profanity, same-sex relationships, BDSM, etc

Expected turn-around times: one to two days; one to two weeks

Preferred method of communication: e-mail, messenger

Any other comments: [I][examples] I've read for a few people and really enjoyed it or I'm just starting out on my first project so any support or advice you can offer me would be really appreciated or I sometimes get lazy and unmotivated so a whip-cracking coach is what I need.

An initial post is made requesting or offering a service and anyone interested responds to it. I suppose here in CTR, any responses could be directed to Visitor Message facility on the OP's profile page.

hollie
September 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
that might work

Tonni1
October 1st, 2008, 01:06 PM
If it would help you can go to Romance Divas forum and check theirs out. They too have a section for Critique partners.

Catherine Bybee
October 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
I've found critique partners through the Rose Trellis over at The Wild Rose Press.

A friend of mine and myself have started up a small but growing list of writers who link up for critiques. Let me know if you're interested in joining our group.

Karenne
October 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Actually, we are trying to get an area set up so that it is all in one place for people to look for it.

Do you and your friend need an area? I would LOVE to be able to set it here so that the rest of us can find it and get matched up.

Catherine Bybee
October 1st, 2008, 03:57 PM
All we did was set up a yahoo loop. Here is the link, although I don't think it is attaching correctly.

a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RomanceWritersCritiqueClub/join">

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/yg/img/i/us/ui/join.gif style="border: 0px;"
alt="Click to join RomanceWritersCritiqueClub"/>

Click to join RomanceWritersCritiqueClub

Actually, we are trying to get an area set up so that it is all in one place for people to look for it.

Do you and your friend need an area? I would LOVE to be able to set it here so that the rest of us can find it and get matched up.

Karenne
October 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM
Well if you feel like it and decide you might like to have an area here..and have suggestions...just let me know!

Catherine Bybee
October 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM
If you want to link what we are trying to pull together to Coffee Time, we're all over that. I've found so many willing writers who just need to find the right CP's. Coffee Time has helped me so much. Anything I can do to help, just ask.

Nancy O'Berry
October 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Hi Karenne and Catherine,

Nancy OBerry here Catherine's partner in crime. I have no objections of Catherine doesn't to trying to work with the writers here at Coffeetime to find Critique Partners. We are definitely open to suggestions

Catherine Bybee
October 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
Hi Karenne and Catherine,

Nancy OBerry here Catherine's partner in crime. I have no objections of Catherine doesn't to trying to work with the writers here at Coffeetime to find Critique Partners. We are definitely open to suggestions

waving... Hi, Nancy.

Catherine Bybee
November 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hey, Karenne,

Any news of the critique group? Is there anything I can do to help?

lavagrl
November 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM
If you guys are still setting up a critique group, could you tell me about it? I've been writing for a few years now, have a few books that I've edited within an inch of their lives, and I could use someone else's eyes.

If anyone wants to just swap e-mails with a few first pages to see if we like each others work, I'm up for that too.

:Owl3:

Terisa Wilcox
March 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I'd be interested in something like this as well. I lost my critique partner when she stopped writing :D. I've read through all the posts and like the idea of the classified thing or just finding a reader. If this is still in the works, I'm in!

Catherine Bybee
March 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I'd be interested in something like this as well. I lost my critique partner when she stopped writing :D. I've read through all the posts and like the idea of the classified thing or just finding a reader. If this is still in the works, I'm in!

We already have a forum here on CTR for this.
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=941

Step on over... read the suggestions and rules and post what you're looking for under the genre you write.
Best of luck in your search.

Terisa Wilcox
March 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Catherine. I will definitely do that.

MonikaM
December 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Web 2.0 is a happening, it has re-moduled the web world and changing the web sphere completely.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">