PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Book - Help!

Karenne
September 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I am looking for a book that is about people here on earth that have developed special powers over the years and this one starts off with a guy who is holding his wife and kid hostage in his own home while he goes slowly insane (from someone with these special powers who has touched him) and a cop from the local area (female main character) is called in and working the negotiation.

The guy (male main character) is called in because he works for the government in these types of sitautions.

The crazy guy in the house touches the female copy and activates her latent powers and the Man Male character takes her away because her powers are becoming active.

He takes her to this underground facility and she actually has the power to 'see' the aliens that have inhabited their bodies (in a good way) which have given the people their power. The main guy who runs the cave..he has 2 of these aliens and they attack her to kill her because they know she can see them.

it is driving me crazy. Does this sound familiar?

hollie
September 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
interesting but not familier sorry sweetie

Dani
September 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I have no clue, but I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

I need to check up the book I'm still looking for.

Diana Castilleja
September 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Unfortunatey, not a clue. http://mail.google.com/mail/im/emoticons/round/frown.png

Shelley Munro
September 16th, 2008, 03:48 PM
It sounds like an interesting concept but it's not familiar to me either.

Shelley

Jody Wallace
September 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Do you remember if it's a romance, an sf/f book, small press, mainstream...or maybe a movie on the SciFi channel's Saturday night line-up? :)

Karenne
September 21st, 2008, 02:45 AM
(grin) Love the Sci-Fi Channel.

But no...I remember holding this in my hand..paperback.

I honestly can't remember if it was mainstream or small press. I read anything that sparks my interest.

I do remember..that the main guy..his 'spirit' took on the mascot from the guy's high school. He was the coach there before his powers came into play.

The spirits came from another world that was destroyed and a few of them escaped.

hollie
September 21st, 2008, 05:57 AM
well i can understand why your looking for it sounds wonderful but i still can't help sorry

nettisue
September 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Can you remember anything else about the book? Character names? Anything?

Karenne
September 22nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
nope..just those two posts...sorry

nettisue
September 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
nope..just those two posts...sorry

Sorry, I've become extremely adept at finding books online just by the information I've received (I have at least one customer every day that gives me the bare minimum of what they can remember so that I can try to find it) Unfortunately I can't find this one. If you happen to remember anything more, let me know I'll see if I can't find it. A weird name you remember from the book, anything that might "stand out"

Karenne
September 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
You are lovely! Thank you very much for trying. I think I have a bald spot from where I am pulling out my hair! lol

Dani
September 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
*snort* Now you know how I feel about the book I'm looking for. LOL! I'm trying not to sweat it, but I really wanna find it.

nettisue
September 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
You are lovely! Thank you very much for trying. I think I have a bald spot from where I am pulling out my hair! lol
Anytime :)

MonikaM
December 16th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Sounds to be similar, i like the concept.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Elise Logan
December 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I've got you covered. It's actually a story in an anthology.

The story is Dragon Dance by Angela Knight; the anthology is Beyond the Dark and includes Emma Holly, Lora Leigh and Diane Whiteside.

E

Reviewer Danielle
December 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure I've got you covered. It's actually a story in an anthology.

The story is Dragon Dance by Angela Knight; the anthology is Beyond the Dark and includes Emma Holly, Lora Leigh and Diane Whiteside.

E

I was going to ask if it was by chance one of Angela Knight's novels. Sounded like something she would write. Here is the link to the book that Elise is talking about: http://angelasknights.com/books/Fantasy.html#Dragon

Lainey
December 23rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Nope sorry not seen or read that story but it does sound different.