PDA

View Full Version : Dogs are my hobby

NancyHenderson
September 21st, 2008, 07:41 AM
Hello,

Besides writing, my other passion is dogs. I have a lhasa apso, only one dog because Katie has social problems (I believe she thinks she's a cat, which may be why she hates other dogs). But *shrug* although I may not be the best dog trainer in the world, I love reading about training, attending dog shows, just being around dogs.

Any other dog people here?

Nancy

Shelley Munro
September 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM
I'm definitely a dog person. I love our wee dog to bits. She's getting really old now (she's 15) and it's an exercise in patience taking her for a walk. She's such great company!

Shelley

Crystal-Rain Love
September 22nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
I have two huge monsters, er... dogs. One is a pure white german shepherd, the other is a shepherd/lab mix (She's really pretty. She looks just like a lab, but has a narrower face.) I love 'em to death but they destroy everything and the lab mix wants to bark all night/morning long. No wonder I'm always tired...

NancyHenderson
September 22nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
They sound like a lot of fun! When Katie gets playing with my cats it's a circus at my house.

NancyHenderson
September 22nd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Katie will be 13 Nov. 1st. She has cataracts pretty bad now. The other day she walked into a wall. She just looked up at me like "How'd that get there, Mom?"

Diana Castilleja
September 22nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Definitely a dog person. Used to ride horses and always had my dog with me.

I don't have one right now, and I miss not having a pet, but I know the full responsibility would be mine and I just don't want another child to deal with.

Crystal-Rain Love
September 22nd, 2008, 11:26 PM
My son wants a parrotlet now. I'm thinking, "Fantastic. 2 dogs that destroy everything outside, and now you want a bird flying around the house and, with my luck, crapping everywhere, plus shedding feathers to go with the dog hair."... and birdie definitely could not fly around with the dogs inside. I can't tell you how many times I've went out in the backyard to find it looks like a scene out of Hitchcock's The Birds. If you are not family and you enter our yard... you're dinner, plain and simple.

maura
September 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hello,

Besides writing, my other passion is dogs. I have a lhasa apso, only one dog because Katie has social problems (I believe she thinks she's a cat, which may be why she hates other dogs). But *shrug* although I may not be the best dog trainer in the world, I love reading about training, attending dog shows, just being around dogs.

Any other dog people here?

Nancy

There are alot of dog lovers on the forum. I myself have three, a five year old Golden with a CD, RA and almost and RE(hopefully this weekend), a three year old GSD with an RN, and a one year old Bichon Frise who was supposed to be at the dog show with his big sister this weekend, but the entry got screwed up. We have alot of fun.

Maura

maura
September 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
I have two huge monsters, er... dogs. One is a pure white german shepherd, the other is a shepherd/lab mix (She's really pretty. She looks just like a lab, but has a narrower face.) I love 'em to death but they destroy everything and the lab mix wants to bark all night/morning long. No wonder I'm always tired...

You should really try obedience school for them. It is never too late, mine start before they are three months old and go for ever, but I do competitive obedience.

Maura

florachristi
August 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I love dogs and i have different breeds and maintaining them is very tough one but i have trainers to give proper training and i take them to shows too,,,,