PDA

View Full Version : Golden Enchantment, Historical Western

Candace M
September 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hello!
I'm Candace Morehouse, author of Golden Enchantment, my first historical romance.

Coming in 2009 from Champagne Books are Suspicion of Love, an Edwardian romance, and Full Throttle, my first contemporary romance.

Here's a bit about Golden Enchantment:
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCN%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml 1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Batang; panose-1:2 3 6 0 0 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:"Arial Unicode MS"; mso-font-charset:129; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 151388160 16 0 524288 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@Batang"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:129; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 151388160 16 0 524288 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:Batang;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [I]“Sometimes the most coveted treasures of all are found where you least expect them”<o></o><o></o>
When her father dies, Andrea Alexander decides to return home to <st1><st1:state w:st="on">New Mexico</st1:state></st1> and continue his search for a buried treasure of gold dating back to the days when conquistadores ruled the territory. However, she didn’t count on a mysterious figure shooting at her, a puzzle of clues and the involvement of her very masculine and handsome neighbor, Jake Houston.

Jake Houston remembers Andrea as the scrawny little tomboy next door who followed his every move. When they meet again years later, Jake is surprised to find Andrea has filled out in all the right places. Tempting as she may be, he is betrothed to another with no way out. Fighting his attraction to Andrea as he helps her solve the puzzle of where the buried gold lies hidden will test his strength in more ways than one.
<o></o>
How will these two, destined to be together, find a way out of danger and around their problems to realize true love?
<o></o>
Golden Enchantment is a suspenseful romance filled with the history and legend of the wild Old West. Take a step back in time and meet the larger-than-life characters who helped tame it!
<o></o>
Please feel free to visit my website and read an excerpt from each of my books:
www.candacemorehouse.com (http:%5C%5Cwww.candacemorehouse.com)

Happy reading!

Patricia Bates
September 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Having read this book, and snippets of Candace's other works - I highly recommend it. She's one of the best authors I've read.

Good luck on the books Candace!

Candace M
September 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hi Patricia,
Thanks for your kind words.
I know I am looking forward to seeing Master's Mistress when it comes out in March through Champagne. It is a great historical story and a wonderful romance.
Candace

Candace M
February 13th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Recently got a very nice review for Golden Enchantment:
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCN%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml 1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Batang; panose-1:2 3 6 0 0 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:"Arial Unicode MS"; mso-font-charset:129; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 151388160 16 0 524288 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@Batang"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:129; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 151388160 16 0 524288 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:Batang;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Simply Romance Reviews (http://www.simplyromancereviews.com/srrreviews/goldenenchantment.aspx)<o></o>
Reviewed by: Cass<o></o>
Grade: A<o></o>
<o></o>
Golden Enchantment by Candace Morehouse is an absolutely delightful story about a young woman returning to honor her father's wishes and winding up in a rattlesnake’s nest of trouble. Historically accurate in most every detail, the story enraptures the reader from the moment you open the book until the last page is turned. A strong story line in addition to well-written and enticing erotic scenes make this one of the best Old West history pieces I've read in along time.<o></o>

Here's a new excerpt not posted elsewhere:
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCN%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml 1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsBody, li.MsBody, div.MsBody {mso-style-name:MsBody; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-justify:inter-ideograph; text-indent:.5in; mso-pagination:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “Trouble sleeping?” Jake asked. Sleep had eluded him, too, when he lay down on the parlor sofa, trying to make himself at ease on the stiff horsehair cushions while inhaling Andrea’s sweet scent saturating the fibers of her pillow. The minute Andrea had tiptoed past him and snuck outside, Jake was aware. All of the training to hone his expert tracking skills during his tenure with the Texas Rangers meant that no disruption, however small, could go without notice. He had learned to always be alert and listen for extraneous sounds, even while lightly sleeping. Try as he might to ignore it tonight, his mind stubbornly focused on her figure, imagined her standing outside, soft and sleep tousled, and compelled him to follow her.<o></o>
Andrea shivered slightly, more from Jake’s nearness than the damp coldness of the air. “I... yes, I am having trouble going to sleep.”<o></o>
“So you thought it wise to walk out here defenseless and barely clothed? It’s a good thing Slim had so much hooch earlier, or he would surely have run hell-bent for leather out of the bunkhouse by now with guns blazing,” Jake spat out gruffly as he lowered his gaze across her figure. The thin silk of her combination, although partially covered by a large, cotton shirt, clung to her body like a lover’s caress while long, auburn hair tangled wildly down her back. Damn woman! Did she think herself in the company of priests that she could walk about in such scanty attire and garner no attention?<o></o>
“Much as you and your father wish to scare me senseless, I refuse to live my life in fear and I will not cease to do as I please! You men be damned, I can take care of myself!” Andrea shot back, trying with some difficulty to keep her voice low. Try though she might to maintain an air of nonchalance, her agitation with the man was clear in her tone.<o></o>
“Is that so? Maybe if you say it enough times you’ll begin to believe it,” Jake’s voice was brusque as he tried to mask his interest in her scantily clad form. He took a step nearer, only inches now separating him from the redheaded temptress plaguing his thoughts. Although he knew it was foolish to do so, he couldn’t seem to stop his desire to reach out and feel the softness of her skin.<o></o>
“What would you do if this happened?” He grabbed her arms and pinned them behind her back while pressing her against the top rail of the porch. The front of her shirt parted, revealing the lace-edged neckline of her chemise beneath. Silky and low cut, it exposed the tops of her milky white breasts, tantalizingly raised to his view, the little coral buds of her nipples clearly outlined. Jake was not sure at what moment their exchange had veered from the common and everyday to one charged with sexual promise, but he was sure the blame lay with himself. Visions of Andrea had constantly clouded his mind since the day she’d first stepped off the stagecoach in town, making it difficult to keep him focused on anything else. Having her here, in his arms, touching her and breathing in her scent, was about to push him over the edge of abandon.<o></o>

Thanks for reading!

destinyrae
February 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM
This book sounds great!