PDA

View Full Version : Viper

querida
September 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Anyone read the short story "Viper" in Mammoth...? Wow. Loved that story! The intro. to the book suggests that Viper's story inclusion is meant to provide us with additional info. on an already existing character---much like Quinn from the Riley series. Anyone know where Viper may have originated?

hollie
September 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
sorry sweetie i haven't read any of the other stories in it yet

querida
September 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
You have much to look forward to. Some of the stories were a little off-beat for me, but I particularly liked the one mentioned below and "The Sacrifice". (I think Keri's writing has spoiled me, however...I had never been exposed to paranormal romance before her, so she's my standard now. And the Riley/Quinn chemistry is a tough act to follow!)

Garon (character from The Sacrifice), however, has me warm and toasty in all the right places!

smilies/blush2.gif Did I just say that?

hollie
September 24th, 2008, 04:29 AM
yeh you did but don't worry you'll get used to it i was all sweet and inocent a year ago then i was .......educated Laugh it Up fuzball

querida
September 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM
"Innocent" isn't something I typically consider myself (though my efforts are genuine!) Innocent?

Since my last post, I re-read "The Sacrifice" twice more. Also read the one called "Stand-up Dame" (I think that's the title) and liked it, as well, though for different reasons. It puts you in the mind of the 1940's gumshoe detective storyline w/ a darker twist. Kind of a new angle.

Dani
September 25th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Anyone read the short story "Viper" in Mammoth...? Wow. Loved that story! The intro. to the book suggests that Viper's story inclusion is meant to provide us with additional info. on an already existing character---much like Quinn from the Riley series. Anyone know where Viper may have originated?
From what it looks like on Delilah's site, Viper isn't part of any series. I couldn't find his name in any of her books' blurbs. It only mentions him on the page for The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance page.

yeh you did but don't worry you'll get used to it i was all sweet and inocent a year ago then i was .......educated Laugh it Up fuzball
Yeah, we educated you alright! You're as whacked as we are now. Laugh it Up fuzball

querida
September 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, we educated you alright! You're as whacked as we are now. Laugh it Up fuzball

Well, hey---at least I'm in good company, right?:winkiss:

querida
September 26th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hey, guess what? A friend called me a little bit ago and told me Viper's character showed up in Delilah's book All Hallows Heartbreaker (of the Immortal Knight series). Not much on him, I think, which may be why she chose that character to expand a bit in the short story in Mammoth...

Interesting. I got the whole "super sensitive vamp" vibe from the Mammoth story, but my friend tells me he's almost unlikeable in the above-mentioned story. I haven't read anything else of hers, have you guys?

sabby07
September 26th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I loved the Sacrifice great story. I got the same feeling from Viper's story that he was all about feelings. hu who knows lol. I have read a few of Delilah Devlin's stories and I like them.

Dani
September 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Well, hey---at least I'm in good company, right?:winkiss:
Yep, that you are girlie! We've just gotta bring it out of you more. Laugh it Up fuzball

Hey, guess what? A friend called me a little bit ago and told me Viper's character showed up in Delilah's book All Hallows Heartbreaker (of the Immortal Knight series). Not much on him, I think, which may be why she chose that character to expand a bit in the short story in Mammoth...

Interesting. I got the whole "super sensitive vamp" vibe from the Mammoth story, but my friend tells me he's almost unlikeable in the above-mentioned story. I haven't read anything else of hers, have you guys?
That's cool that your friend knew where to find Viper in her books. You know, maybe in that book he was more of a tortured soul and that's why he had a mean attatude toward everyone which made him unlikeable. And that could be the reason Delilah decided to write about him for the short story. Just a though. lol

querida
September 29th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I think your theory on Viper (the tortured soul) is a good one, Irish. When I posed that to my friend (the same old college buddy who originally turned me on to Keri Arthur, by the way---God love her!), she said she was more than half thru the Immortal Knight series and that she agreed. She said he really wasn't a central character but certainly one that made you wonder about him. Hence Delilah's follow-up, I suppose.

Dani
September 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Am I good or what!?!? No smart a$$ comments from the peanut gallery either! Laugh it Up fuzball

querida
September 30th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Yup, heavy on the "good" and then-some on the "or what"!:winkiss: