PDA

View Full Version : What are your Halloween plans?

ChristieSilvers
September 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Have the kids already chosen their costumes? Will you be dressing up? Do you go trick-or-treating or have a get-together at home?

My youngest has decided she wants to be Tinkerbell. The older two haven't decided a thing. :wacko: They keep changing their minds over and over. I'm sure it'll be last minute before they pick something.

I dressed up last year, but probably won't this year. Well, unless I see something I can't resist. LOL!

We always take the girl trick-or-treating in my grandmother's neighborhood. It's a rich neighborhood and with all the candy they dish out I don't have to take the girls anywhere else. LOL! They always have full candy buckets at the end of the night.

Any big plans for everyone else?

Dani
September 26th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I'm going to take my son to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween at Disney World. He's excited to go and truth be told I'm looking forward to it too! :biggrin:

hollie
September 26th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I think this year Jojo can take the boys trick or treating and i'll stay home (where it's warm) I like see all the other kids dressed up and you miss that if your out with the kids

Dani
September 26th, 2008, 10:59 AM
The Smurf could probably take them out if he's not working. He'd get a kick out of it and I bet he'd dress up too! Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
September 26th, 2008, 12:16 PM
It's a friday so he'll be working we went and bought costumes for the boys today a spider for Tpot and a Zombie thing for Splodgy

Dani
September 26th, 2008, 01:51 PM
You're oldest son doesn't dress up or did he just not find anything (or am I getting the nicknames confused again... LOL)?

hollie
September 26th, 2008, 01:57 PM
no the oldest wont do dress up he's at high school now and way to big for trick or treating - but both him and his sister will get masks and 'offer' to take the little ones that way they still get the sweets and their friends think their doing it cos i said they have to Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
September 26th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I love the nicknames for your kids, Hollie. I just call mine "the brats." LOL!

Wow, Dani! DisneyWorld. YAY! Can I come too???

Saturn Moonie
September 26th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Ah Halloween, my favorite holiday. Tis the season :smilie6:, hehe. I'm not sure what I'll be doing exactly. Every year I plan to go to Salem, and every year something happens and I end up not going. I don't think I'll be going this year either, too much stuff going on around the house.

I may go trick-or-treating with my nephew though. He wants to be a cop (again), and I got these neko mimi's (kitty ears) and tail, that my friend got for me at the anime convention that are just sitting in my closet. I wouldn't mind wearing them :)

Or I may throw a party, that idea has been thrown around a few times this week, and since I'm the only one with my own place...(I love being the independent one in the bunch, lol)

Or maybe I'll just stay home alone, with all the lights turned off, and watch scary movies (one of my favorite things to do on any given night). Who knows, it's not even october yet, all I know is that I can't wait, muahahaha.

Anita Davison
September 26th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Oh I remember this holiday - it's the one where I fill a basket with tooth decay, non-nutricious calories and hypo-inducing amounts of sugar - leave it on the doorstep, turn off all the lights and retire to the bedroom with my laptop to write and pretend I'm not home? That Holiday!!

ChristieSilvers
September 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM
LOL, Anita! That sounds like what my grandmother does. She'll make up a giant bowl of goodie bags, set them on her front porch with a note that says, "Take One," and then she locks her door and goes to bed.

Dani
September 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM
no the oldest wont do dress up he's at high school now and way to big for trick or treating - but both him and his sister will get masks and 'offer' to take the little ones that way they still get the sweets and their friends think their doing it cos i said they have to Laugh it Up fuzball
Uh huh, that's the way all teens with siblings get around it! I mean heaven forbid that they be seen trick or treating for themselves without the sibs! Laugh it Up fuzball

I love the nicknames for your kids, Hollie. I just call mine "the brats." LOL!

Wow, Dani! DisneyWorld. YAY! Can I come too???
Sure come on down. It's only about a nine hour drive from where your at (I have friends that live up in North GA too and that's about how long it takes them to get here). LOL!

One of my son's teachers works at Disney on the weekends and holidays and she's getting us discounts on tickets. :huepfen017:

ChristieSilvers
September 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
That's good to know, Dani! I'm trying to seeing if we can swing taking them to Disney next year... maybe for Thanksgiving. I've gotta get busy researching it and hunting for deals/specials though.

You and the kids have a good time!!

Dani
September 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM
My friends in GA are doing that too! They're part of the Disney Vacation Club and they are working on getting the slots for the new Club area they have near Animal Kingdom for Thanksgiving. If they do, we'll be over there too. :biggrin:

It's a busy time for them between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. That's part of their "on" season. The "off" season is now and October and I think the first part of November. I'll have to check again. I used to know it almost by heart.

hollie
September 26th, 2008, 06:05 PM
we've said when we come over it will be the off season probably not next year but hopefully the year after

Tara S Nichols
September 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM
We used to have a big BYOB bonfire but that was before my son was born. now I'm babywhipped and I might just be going out dressed as a bird, a mama bird. No, no, its not cute because if my three year old has his way my husband will be dressed as a Papa bird and wee little baby bird will be the star of the show.

I might light a fire and get drunk in the woods after all. Just kidding. sigh.

ChristieSilvers
October 1st, 2008, 09:53 PM
LOL! I'm up for getting drunk in the woods!

Tara S Nichols
October 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Well, North Georgia's not that far from Manitoba...

ChristieSilvers
October 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Do you think the kids would be disappointed with no trick-or-treating cause Mommy is passed out in the woods?? Hmm...

LOL!

Tara S Nichols
October 1st, 2008, 11:31 PM
Nah, not when sugar is involved.

Catherine Bybee
October 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
My boys have never been into scary. My 12 year old (pout) won't dress up anymore... but my 9 year old still will.
we hit the neighborhood... get as much candy as we can. Oh, did I say we, ah... I ment them... yeah, THEY get as much candy as they can. hehehe

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2008, 11:55 PM
I'll probably be going to a Halloween party or giving out candy to kids.

Tara S Nichols
October 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
My boys have never been into scary. My 12 year old (pout) won't dress up anymore... but my 9 year old still will.
we hit the neighborhood... get as much candy as we can. Oh, did I say we, ah... I ment them... yeah, THEY get as much candy as they can. hehehe

Just wear the sheet off the bed and they'll think you're the tall kid.

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 12:29 AM
Just wear the sheet off the bed and they'll think you're the tall kid.

Good idea! I like that. I wonder if He'll go for it???

Dani
October 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
I really don't know why I even take my son trick or treating considering that he doesn't eat most of the candy he gets. It's usually still sitting in the pumpkin basket on New Years or later. He has a few pieces and that's it. He likes the dressing up part better than the candy it seems, but since he's 13 this year, he might decide he's too old. He's just dying to get to Mickey's not so scary Halloween this month, so he can have fun at the parks. LOL!

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I really don't know why I even take my son trick or treating considering that he doesn't eat most of the candy he gets. It's usually still sitting in the pumpkin basket on New Years or later. He has a few pieces and that's it. He likes the dressing up part better than the candy it seems, but since he's 13 this year, he might decide he's too old. He's just dying to get to Mickey's not so scary Halloween this month, so he can have fun at the parks. LOL!

Funny, mine still have last years halloween candy in bags in the pantry as we speak. tickortreatghost But why miss out on all the fun.

Dani
October 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Funny, mine still have last years halloween candy in bags in the pantry as we speak. tickortreatghost But why miss out on all the fun.
Oh, trust me, we've had that before too, but we didn't let it happen again last year. LOL!

He's not going to miss out, he wants to be a Clone Trooper (Storm Trooper in my day) from Star Wars and go over to my cousin's neighborhood. :biggrin:

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
My biggest Halloween plans is waiting by my in-box to see if my werewolf story wins in The Wild Rose Press Contest, Got Wolf?
Sigh*

Dani
October 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Oh, I hope you win! I remember you telling us about that in another thread. Good luck!!

Tara S Nichols
October 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Ohhh, good luck Catherine. Crossing fingers.

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 11:53 PM
Oh, I hope you win! I remember you telling us about that in another thread. Good luck!!

Oh, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've written three werewolf stories since May. The third I subbed to Red Rose Publishing and it looks like they will be picking it up. I hope to announce that soon.

Ohhh, good luck Catherine. Crossing fingers.

And toes and legs... Everything please. grin

Tara S Nichols
October 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Well shucks girl that is hot damn fantastic!

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Check out my myspace page for excerpts. Under my blog space I have three... One is titled Soul Mate Excerpt. Another is titled, Romance is more than just sex. Another is titled, Werewolves anyone? I really had a lot of fun writing all of them. I can't wait to share with the world.. gee, I'm not excited am I? hehe

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Oh, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've written three werewolf stories since May. The third I subbed to Red Rose Publishing and it looks like they will be picking it up. I hope to announce that soon.
Well dang woman you're not a bit hyper about this are you? LOL! If you say it looks like it then that probably means that they will which means you've already let the cat out of the bag so to speak. Laugh it Up fuzball

And toes and legs... Everything please. grin

I'll cross what I can for you too! Well, all but my eyes, I have to have them uncrossed. :biggrin:

Catherine Bybee
October 3rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Well dang woman you're not a bit hyper about this are you? LOL! If you say it looks like it then that probably means that they will which means you've already let the cat out of the bag so to speak. Laugh it Up fuzball

I don't want to count my contracts before they're signed... so-to-speak. But thanks.

I'll cross what I can for you too! Well, all but my eyes, I have to have them uncrossed. :biggrin:
It's a bit hard to type with crossed eyes. Or read at least.

Tara S Nichols
October 3rd, 2008, 12:07 AM

What? You don't type crossed eyed? (Snacks side of head) Oh! Much better!
:oops:

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I don't want to count my contracts before they're signed... so-to-speak. But thanks.

It's a bit hard to type with crossed eyes. Or read at least.

I wouldn't either, so I'll still wish you good luck with this one too!

It would be very hard to read and type with crossed eyes. :biggrin:

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:10 AM
What? You don't type crossed eyed? (Snacks side of head) Oh! Much better!
:oops:
No honey, I quit doing that on purpose a long time ago. Although it creeps back up once in a while when I'm tired. LMAO!

Tara S Nichols
October 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
I just do it now and again to freak my folks out. ( I'm never at a loss for a Halloween costume).
Did you like my segway?

Catherine Bybee
October 3rd, 2008, 12:13 AM
Try a glass of wine... the eyes at least have a reason to cross then? grin

Tara S Nichols
October 3rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
pickled never looked so good.

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:20 AM
I just do it now and again to freak my folks out. ( I'm never at a loss for a Halloween costume).
Did you like my segway?

It was very cute. :)

I can cross my eyes and then let one go normal then switch which eye goes normal again. I used to freak my mom out doing that, now I freak my son and nephews out instead. ROFL!

Tara S Nichols
October 3rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
What? Are you like my Siamese twin? Same here! no joke.
I also shake my eyes like the big snit only I don't take mine out of their sockets. i roll one eye while the other watches my audience squirm.

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Wicked! I've not really met anyone that can do that besides me. :biggrin:

I can do the rolling part. I'm not so sure about the shaking though. I know I'm doing it, but I don't think others do.

My one nephew gets a kick out of me doing it because he can cross his eyes and what not, but he hasn't got the one eye normal down yet and that bugs him. LOL!

Tara S Nichols
October 3rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
Oh yeah, lord what powers you have baby! I met my eye shaking equal once. I thought i had him and then he did it back! My jaw hit the floor. That was my ace in the hole gross the back room guys out but he was Gandolh to my whats the evil yonnie tower guys name...

Tara S Nichols
October 3rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
There's a lesson learned, don't use a quote you can't finish and check the spelling of the character in the number one hit book of the century. Sheesh eh?

Oh yeah, lord what powers you have baby! I met my eye shaking equal once. I thought i had him and then he did it back! My jaw hit the floor. That was my ace in the hole gross the back room guys out but he was Gandolh to my whats the evil yonnie tower guys name...

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
Saruman is who you were thinking of and Gandalf is the correct spelling, but I got what you were saying. Yes, I'm anal, so sue me. Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
WOW! I go to bed and you ladies go wild. Look what I miss when a migraine strikes. LOL

Catherine - Good luck!!! How exciting!!

That's freaky about the crossed eyes and eye shaking. LMAO!

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Laugh it Up fuzball Well, for the others I don't think it was late yet like it was for us, but I'm a night person, so I'm up a little later than I should be. :)

Catherine Bybee
October 3rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
WOW! I go to bed and you ladies go wild. Look what I miss when a migraine strikes. LOL

Catherine - Good luck!!! How exciting!!

That's freaky about the crossed eyes and eye shaking. LMAO!

Thanks Christie. And yes, we went a bit crazy last night. hehe

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I know what you mean, Dani. I'm usually a night person as well. In the summer (when there's no school to get up for) you can often find me up until 2am. But last night my head was throbbing and I headed off to bed at 10pm. ACK! That's early for me! LOL

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Ouch! I hope you feel better now.

I actually do go to bed early on nights when I'm really tired or don't feel good.

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Yes, I dosed up with a can Coke and Tylenol this morning. After a couple of hours it finally went away. Whew! :-)

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
That's good! I do that too and add chocolate to the mix as well and that usually knocks it out.

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Oh gosh, I was so sick to my stomach that I couldn't have eaten any chocolate if I'd had it. I didn't eat anything until about noon... which was a few hours after the migraine went away.

Tara S Nichols
October 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your migraine. I hope it clears up soon, if not already by now.

ChristieSilvers
October 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks Tara. :-) I'm all good now.