PDA

View Full Version : Happy October!

ChristieSilvers
October 1st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Wow, I can't believe that it's already October. This year has just flown by.

It looks like we'll have a cool Halloween here in Georgia this year as the temps have already dropped into cool mode. Today's high was only 70 and that's downright cold for this GA girl. LOL!

So how's the weather where you are?

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
We are now in Spring here in Australia and the weather is so hot here.

Catherine Bybee
October 1st, 2008, 11:59 PM
Do you really want to know??? It's still summer here. 101 was todays high. It was 77 when I looked at the temps at 6:30 AM. OUCH. I am so ready for fall.

CharmedGirl
October 2nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
Do you really want to know??? It's still summer here. 101 was todays high. It was 77 when I looked at the temps at 6:30 AM. OUCH. I am so ready for fall.

Isn't it Fall over there now Catherine? And if it is that is some hot temps for Fall.

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Isn't it Fall over there now Catherine? And if it is that is some hot temps for Fall.

Southern California has two seasons. Summer and Fall.
Summer is from April until about December... the rest falls into what i call fall. We either have high temps day and night... or high day temps and cool nights. Sometimes in late Dec - Feb we even get rain. Funny thing those drops coming from the sky. They only happen when you wash your car. ugh...

I jest ( kind of ) but it really is hot, and October has the highest daytime temps in So. Calif. than even August. Now we have to watch out for those wild fires.
And don't get me started on earthquake weather (which the experts say there is no such think, but after 20+ years here I have to disagree.)

ChristieSilvers
October 2nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Oh my goodness, if I thought yesterday was cold then today is worse. It's 6:30am right now and only 43 degrees! I'm contemplating turning the heat on. LOL Or maybe I should just put more clothes on. LOL

hollie
October 2nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
it's 13:15 and about 15c which is about 60 warmer than yesterday but still cold the heating is on the winter bedding is being aired and i need to buy new coats for the boys.

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
It was cold again this morning, so I gave in and turned on the heat. LOL I froze all day yesterday and ended up with a migraine last night. This morning I woke up with the same migraine and said, "Forget it!"

Looks like autumn really is here.

hollie
October 3rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
ok how depressing is this it is the start of October and they are they mentioned snow on the weather report it's only for Scotland at the moment so fingers crossed it stays there I do not want snow this early in the year

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Wow, snow already? Crazy! I hope it stays far away from you.

hollie
October 3rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
so do i but it is very cold already i need to find the hats and gloves or buy new ones