PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King

spiritworld23
October 2nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
Has any one read the book Lisey's Story by Stephen King? I have only read a few pages so far, but frankly I'm hooked on the story. I want to know what her husband was afraid of and what it was that killed him.

Stephen King always writes some amazing books.

What do you guys think?

CharmedGirl
October 2nd, 2008, 02:42 AM
You want to know something. I have never read any Stephen King books.

hollie
October 2nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I have read a few in the past but they are too spooky for me so i don't read them anymore

rgraham666
October 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
I like his shorter stuff the best. He tends to overwrite, in my opinion.

I loved his Richard Bachman books.

Catherine Bybee
October 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
It has been so long since I picked up a Steven King Novel. I think The Stand is a must but some of this darker, horror is to graphic for me. I want Happily Ever After and many of his just don't have enough of that for me.

spiritworld23
October 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Wow, really? Are they too scary? :omg_2:

spiritworld23
October 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Aww....I see that your reading The Dark Curse by Christine Feehan...I haven't read her book just yet, though I have most of her other ones including the Ghostwalkers and her single titles. :)

CharmedGirl
October 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Wow, really? Are they too scary? :omg_2:

Nope they aren't too scary. I've just never been that interested in Stephen King. I use to watch that show The Dead Zone based on the Stephen King novel but I've never read his work.

Aww....I see that your reading The Dark Curse by Christine Feehan...I haven't read her book just yet, though I have most of her other ones including the Ghostwalkers and her single titles. :)

Christine Feehan's Drake sister series is really good. I have to go back and read the first two books because I started at book three for some strange reason. I loved Joley's book. The man she gets together with Ilya Prakenskii is soooooo hot by description. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 5th, 2008, 07:21 PM

I've never read anything by Stephen King either, the sad thing is, I have a like 10 of his books just hanging out on one of my bookcases, haha.

spiritworld23
October 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Aww you guys....what's wrong with Stephen King?:err:This is sooo weird, I love his books, I guess that's why I like horror and everything that's not the "norm." You guys are missing out on some very good scary stories. :swoon:

Kim Smith
November 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I loved his book "On Writing" -- great insight to his process.