PDA

View Full Version : I have a special announcement.......

ChristieSilvers
October 2nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
Usually I put these in the Announcements section, lol, but I wanted to put it here today. I'll be announcing this tomorrow on my blog, bu I always like to share with you guys first. :-)

As many of you may know, I used a different cover designer on the last two books of my Alex & Fiona series than I did on the first one. I've never really "liked" the cover to A Midnight Infatuation... much less loved it like the last two.

Sooooo, I've been working with the artist and cover designer of the last two to come up with a brand spanking new cover for a re-release of A Midnight Infatuation!!!

It will take a few weeks for the new cover to trickle its way down through the book-selling systems and start showing up on bookstore sites, but the cover will be available immediately on my site. And it will be the one you get if you order all three during my sale in November.

So, here it is! The drawing was by the same artist as the other two and the design is from the same cover designer. It really makes this a "set."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/Book%20Covers/midnight2-400x600.jpg

What do you think?

hollie
October 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
wow christy thats lovely and i like the first one as well

ChristieSilvers
October 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks Hollie! :-)

Dani
October 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM
That is a beautiful cover Christie! I knew I waited to get the books for some reason. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
October 2nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
LOL! I know! I'm wanting to shout, "No, wait! It'll be worth the wait!" :-)

Dani
October 2nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
I have to agree with you. I did like the other cover, but it just doesn't match the others and I'd like a match set. I'm anal that way. I really get upset to see author's change the covers in the middle of the series. It drives me insane.

ChristieSilvers
October 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Have you seen the newest Betsy book by MaryJanice Davidson (Undead and Unworthy)? I just hate that cover. I'm going to finally read the book tomorrow, but I really don't like the cover.

Dani
October 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Yep! That's actually the one that I was thinking about when I wrote my post. The book is great and I loved it, but I hated the cover. She said that she changed it because the story took a different turn. I still don't like the cover though. They could have made it different.

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2008, 05:40 AM
I love the new cover for A Midnight Infatuation Christie. I have the original cover which I really like as well.

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
Dani - I don't care what kind of new direction the book went, the cover is terrible. It makes Betsy look like some grunge teenager rather than the expensive shoe-loving Queen of the Undead.

I'm going by the library today to return From Dead to Worse and pick up Undead and Unworthy. Hopefully it will be worth the read like the others were. I'll just be sure to avoid looking at that raunchy cover. LOL!

Bec - Thanks so much dear! :-)

hollie
October 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
I haven't read them i know more for the must read list Laugh it Up fuzball

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Dani - I don't care what kind of new direction the book went, the cover is terrible. It makes Betsy look like some grunge teenager rather than the expensive shoe-loving Queen of the Undead.

I'm going by the library today to return From Dead to Worse and pick up Undead and Unworthy. Hopefully it will be worth the read like the others were. I'll just be sure to avoid looking at that raunchy cover. LOL!

Bec - Thanks so much dear! :-)
I understand what you're saying completely and totally agree. They should have made it a high fashion cover to fit more with her personality than use this one.

How did you like From Dead to Worse? I loved it, but then again I love all Charlaine's Sookie books. Laugh it Up fuzball

I haven't read them i know more for the must read list Laugh it Up fuzball
Hold up! You haven't read the Betsy series either? Say it isn't so! LOL!

hollie
October 3rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
I know i'm a terrible :sofa:

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
I enjoyed From Dead to Worse. It didn't have as much action or any sex like the others, so that was kind of a let down. But, I love all the Sookie books and this one is no different. I definitely liked how it ended with Hunter.

I felt bad for Quinn though.

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
I know i'm a terrible :sofa:
OMG!!! I've got to get you into those too! They are hilarious. You will laugh your a$$ off at her antics.

I enjoyed From Dead to Worse. It didn't have as much action or any sex like the others, so that was kind of a let down. But, I love all the Sookie books and this one is no different. I definitely liked how it ended with Hunter.

I felt bad for Quinn though.
I loved Hunter! I think that we're going to be seeing more of him in the books (well, at least I hope so anyway).

I felt bad for Quinn in a way, but then again, he could have found a way to contact her. He's not without resources.

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
OMG!!! I've got to get you into those too! They are hilarious. You will laugh your a$$ off at her antics.

I felt bad for Quinn in a way, but then again, he could have found a way to contact her. He's not without resources.

Yeah the Betsy books are totally awesome. She is so funny!

I felt bad for Quinn at first but now that I've re-read From Dead to Worse I don't feel sorry for him at all. As for his family, the sister and mother are absolute cows! LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM

I felt bad for Quinn at first but now that I've re-read From Dead to Worse I don't feel sorry for him at all. As for his family, the sister and mother are absolute cows! LOL

LOL! Cows! Mooooo!

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM

Those two drove me nuts! It was none of their business that Sookie and Quinn broke up. He made his choices and she made hers and I happen to agree with her choice! :biggrin:

Okay, I'm going to throw out a little speculation here since Hunter was mentioned in previous posts. What if Sookie and Hunter's dad end up together? How much you want to bet that it's a possibility? I mean, there's a reason that he was mentioned now and not before.

ChristieSilvers
October 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
You know, I was thinking the same thing about Hunter's dad when I read the ending. BUT, didn't Charlaine mention before that Sookie would end up with someone that she's known for a long time? If that's true, then it can't be Hunter's dad.

Dani
October 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
It's been a while since I've been to her boards, but I don't remember hearing that. Last I remember is she was teasing us with maybe we haven't met him yet. I'll have to pop in there and snoop around. :biggrin:

ChristieSilvers
October 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I don't remember if I saw it on her boards or on the boards for True Blood. But, I know I saw it somewhere. LOL!

Dani
October 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Who knows anymore, she's probably changed her mind again about it. The one thing that she's been adamant about it the fact that Sookie will never become a vampire. Now whether she'll end up with one (seeing that she won't be one) remains to be seen.

CharmedGirl
October 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Who knows anymore, she's probably changed her mind again about it. The one thing that she's been adamant about it the fact that Sookie will never become a vampire. Now whether she'll end up with one (seeing that she won't be one) remains to be seen.

I don't know if Bill will ever get back into Sookie's good books. As for Eric, she may end up with him who knows! Sam would be my choice in the show but in the books I don't know who to pick. I loved Quinn for a while but I've gone off him a bit since From Dead to Worse. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I don't know about Bill either. I think he's pretty much out. Eric, on the other hand, is my big choice. Sam would be my second choice.

Dani
October 5th, 2008, 08:55 PM
To me, Bill has already redeemed himself. I mean, did you hear Eric say that he'd die for her? I didn't, but I certainly heard Bill say that. Oh yeah, uh huh, that's my Bill!! I'm a total Bill fan. I love Eric too, but Bill has my heart. Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
October 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I don't know about Bill either. I think he's pretty much out. Eric, on the other hand, is my big choice. Sam would be my second choice.

Sam would be great for Sookie.

To me, Bill has already redeemed himself. I mean, did you hear Eric say that he'd die for her? I didn't, but I certainly heard Bill say that. Oh yeah, uh huh, that's my Bill!! I'm a total Bill fan. I love Eric too, but Bill has my heart. Laugh it Up fuzball

I know Bill would die for her but it doesn't make what he did right. We all know you're a total Bill fan Dani.

ChristieSilvers
October 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Poor Bill. I think Bill just tries too hard, and Sookie is just too pissed with him. Not to mention that she's stubborn and hard headed (like me, lol).

I wouldn't be disappointed if she ended up with Bill, but I think she'd have hotter sex with Eric. ;-) And Sam would be more stable than the vamps.

It will be fun to see how it all ends though.

CharmedGirl
October 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed if she ended up with Bill, but I think she'd have hotter sex with Eric. ;-) And Sam would be more stable than the vamps.

Hotter sex is what Sookie definitely needs. She hasn't had sex with Sam yet. Hopefully that happens in one of the upcoming books.

Tara S Nichols
October 6th, 2008, 12:57 AM
There's real emotion to be derived from that art work. niiice.

Dani
October 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Poor Bill. I think Bill just tries too hard, and Sookie is just too pissed with him. Not to mention that she's stubborn and hard headed (like me, lol).

She already had hotter sex with Eric! I'd love to see what will happen now that he remembers it though. :devil:

ChristieSilvers
October 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens now that he remembers his time with her. It's fun to speculate who she'll end up with and everyone has their favorite choice. Only time will tell! :-)

hollie
October 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I haven't read them all yet i need to catch up

Dani
October 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I seriously can't wait to see either. :biggrin:

ChristieSilvers
October 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Get on it, Hollie! ;-)

Dani
October 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I haven't read them all yet i need to catch up

Like Christie said... Get on it! You'll love them I know you will.

hollie
October 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I've read the first 4 just need to find the money to get the others

CharmedGirl
October 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I've read the first 4 just need to find the money to get the others

Book 4 was a great book. The others are really good as well. You'll eventually have the money to buy them and you'll have them read in no time at all. LOL