PDA

View Full Version : Ooohh, it's almost NaNo time again

ChristieSilvers
October 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
For all the writers out there, do you plan to participate in NaNoWriMo this year?

For those who don't know, November is National Novel Witing Month, or NaNoWriMo. All participates try to write a 50,000 word book in only 30 days.

A Birth at Dawn was my NaNo book last year. I had good time, but boy it makes for a hectic month. You'd think 1,667 words a day would be easy. :err: LOL!

After last year's contest, I was almost determined never to put myself through that much torture again. But here it is a year later and I've decided to do it again. I know, I'm nuts. :wacko: LOL

Anyone going to join me in a month of turning our brains to mush? If so, let me know your username so I can add you to my buddy list (mine's easy - christiesilvers). I fixed my page up last night and sent in my donation for this year. I'm all set!

Kim Smith
October 9th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I am definitely doing it. I need something to make me sit in the chair. I will add you Christie. I am kimsmith.

Crystal-Rain Love
October 9th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I did it the year before last and gave up after 10 days (but my NaNo book was in addition to two other books I was writing so it got to be a little too much to take) but now that I've been offered a contract for my 8-book series and I only have 2 completed... Oh yeah. I'm doing it. Is there an official site for it? I'd heard about in over on Harlequin's boards and that's where I turned in my daily word count. Will there be anything for it on these forums?

ChristieSilvers
October 10th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Yes, the official site is http://www.nanowrimo.org

I don't know if there's going to be a thread here in the CTR forums, but you can certainly chat about it here in my section anytime. :-)

candaceclayton
October 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone! I am getting ready to jump into the insanity of Nano, headon! ALready arned my family to stay out of my way! lol! My name on nano is cclayton _
Candace

rebelheart
October 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Most definitely! I've been so busy that I haven't had time to write, but have that month set in my mind as the time I'm going to say, "To ! with the rest. It's time for me to write." And yes, I've done it before, as well as Script Frenzy.

CharmedGirl
October 29th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Is anyone doing NanoWriMo this year? I was thinking about signing up but now I'm not so sure! What does everyone think? Should I give it a go?

ChristieSilvers
October 29th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I am, I am, I am! This will be my third year doing NaNo. It's always a lot of stress-filled fun. LOL.

I think that anyone who is at least considering it should definitely give it a go. :-)

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
I've left my run too late. I can't sign up now it's after the 1st of November.

ChristieSilvers
November 2nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
I think you can sign up at anytime. Even after it's begun. My daughter decided that she wanted to do the youth program & we just signed her up yesterday. :-)

CharmedGirl
November 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Oh okay then I'll still sign up.

ChristieSilvers
November 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
LOL!! Don't get too excited, Bec. *Giggle* ;-)

CharmedGirl
November 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
I didn't sound too enthusiastic did I? Oops! LOL

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
LOL! It's okay. I've had one of those days today. Some days are much less enthusiastic than others.