PDA

View Full Version : Ok - let's get started! Introductions

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF We want to get to know each of you, so please take a minute to introduce yourself to the group. Wed love to know about your writing background, what genres you are interested in, and what youd like to learn at the seminar, so please dont be shy. Remember, in order to be eligible for the grand prize at the end of the week, you must post at least once, so this is your opportunity.<O:p></O:p>

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Welcome everyone. We've got a great line-up of historical information with lots of prizes.

I can't wait to meet you all.

Lyn

elizaknight
October 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hello there! I writer historical, time travel and contemporary. I have two Regencies and two Highlander time travels coming out next year with the Wild Rose Press. I am very excited for this class for all of the things listed above!

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Eliza,

Thank you for joining us.

Lyn

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Welcome, Eliza - Congrats on the releases for next year! How exciting. I've heard some wonderful things about WRP. I love the idea of Highlander time travels. What are you most interested in learning here?

elizaknight
October 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome! These two things jumped out at me the most

Historical Hunks & Kick-Ass Heroines: Characterization in Historicals
Sex Through the Centuries: Making ancient love sizzle

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm looking forward to those myself. Lyn will be tackling the subject of characterization on Thursday and Delilah is sharing some wonderful stuff with us on Friday about sex through the ages. It should be a lot of fun and very informational.

Catherine Bybee
October 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Ladies,
I'm Catherine Bybee, a frequent flyer here at CTR. I write time travel as well, with a Scottish flair. I tend to write on the paranormal side of life. So, when my characters slip through time there is a magical reason for it.

Werewolves in a contemporary setting is also something I've written in the last year.

Background... Well, I'm waiting patiently ( banging head on desk daily when my in-box is empty ) for two different publishers to finish reviewing several manuscripts. My full lenght time travel is undergoing mechanical fixes before I re-submit to TWRP. I've also written a full length Regency historical that is currently taking up space on my hard drive but that I haven't sub'd anywhere yet. I really want to make sure that my Lords and Ladies are titled correctly and that I'm not making any 'American' errors. grin.

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hi, Catherine! Wow...sounds like you have lots of irons in the fire. Welcome to the seminar. Is there anything specific you want to pick up here?

Vivian A
October 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Hello all. I am fairly new to this whole process and the online format of the seminar intrigued me to no end. That said, I have 3 wips and a new time travel ancient MesoAmerican concept that awoke me this morning.

I expect to float through several of the threads, perhaps observing more than interacting. I am looking forward to this week and the ideas being shared here.

V.

Catherine Bybee
October 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi, Catherine! Wow...sounds like you have lots of irons in the fire. Welcome to the seminar. Is there anything specific you want to pick up here?

Places of reference I think. I'd like to know of a few shortcuts for both midevil Scotland and Regency period London. At least in the research department. Because my time travels usually have a character or two from the 21st century I tend to over look and under use period language I wonder if that is a big NO-NO? If I'm reading a book and I trip over the words too often, I put it down. Or at the very least skip over large bits to 'get to the point'.

mrsgodiva
October 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi, I'm Amanda Murphy from California. I got an email about the seminar and decided to try it out. I love to read historical romance but haven't tried writing one yet. Would love to be able to submit to Harlequin's Undone series. Have several complete manuscripts, but unpublished at the moment.

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hello all. I am fairly new to this whole process and the online format of the seminar intrigued me to no end. That said, I have 3 wips and a new time travel ancient MesoAmerican concept that awoke me this morning.

I expect to float through several of the threads, perhaps observing more than interacting. I am looking forward to this week and the ideas being shared here.

V.

Hi, Vivian! I love it when I wake up with a new novel idea (pun intended) in my head! Welcome...It's nice to have you here! M:)

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hi, I'm Amanda Murphy from California.

Hi, Amanda...welcome to the seminar. Sounds like you have lots stuff going on with your writing. Have you been submitting?

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I'd like to know of a few shortcuts for both midevil Scotland and Regency period London...I wonder if that is a big NO-NO? If I'm reading a book and I trip over the words too often, I put it down. Or at the very least skip over large bits to 'get to the point'.

I think Lyn or Delilah can provide you with some shortcuts when we talk about research later this week. I tend to work in ancient history (Rome, Egypt, etc.). That's a great question about language. Honestly, I think the answer is you have to keep your readers engaged, so language is very important. You can lose someone if you're writing like Shakespeare, especially when you're mixing eras. However, you don't want your historical characters talking too modern either. I think Lyn has some stuff on this later this week.

Catherine Bybee
October 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Awesome! I'll look for their advice.

hollie
October 12th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi guys most of you know me but for those who don't i'm a reviewer for CTR as well as a forum moderator so i'll be looking to pick up tips that will help with reviewing

Kelly Raine
October 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Hello everyone,
I write by the name of Kelly Raine, I'm currently residing in upstate NY, working on a novel, going to school and working. I also write erotic poetry, my first collection was published in 2006. My second collection is done, and with the (a different) publisher. My novel's about vampires, I'm obsessed with vampires.
This current theme looks like it will be very interesting!!
KR

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi guys most of you know me but for those who don't i'm a reviewer for CTR as well as a forum moderator so i'll be looking to pick up tips that will help with reviewing

Hi, Hollie ~waves~ Welcome! Hollie is a fabulous reviewer and we all love her ~xxxooo~ I'm really glad you could join us.

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone,
I write by the name of Kelly Raine, I'm currently residing in upstate NY, working on a novel, going to school and working. I also write erotic poetry, my first collection was published in 2006. My second collection is done, and with the (a different) publisher. My novel's about vampires, I'm obsessed with vampires.
This current theme looks like it will be very interesting!!
KR

Hi, Kelly - Are these modern day vampires or historical? I've talked to a couple of paranormal writers who realize that this genre is very close to historical romance since you have to do research about your characters who usually are quite old. Is that true for you, as well?

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Just put up a poll about what genres we write. Make sure to go over and vote! It's at the top of this thread.

elizaknight
October 12th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Sounds like we have a very diverse group here! Authors, pre-pubs, newbies and reviewers!! Yay!

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Got to head out for about an hour, but I'll be back. As Saturday Night Live says "Talk among yourselves." While I'm gone, here a discussion topic for you; What is your favorite era in history and why? See you in a bit! Minnette :)

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hi Catherine and Vivian,

Welcome ladies.

Catherine, good luck on the submission, I'm sure WRP will love your work.

Vivian, I also wake-up with full stories in my head. The ancient MesoAmerican sounds interesting. ;0)

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Hi, I'm Amanda Murphy from California. I got an email about the seminar and decided to try it out. I love to read historical romance but haven't tried writing one yet. Would love to be able to submit to Harlequin's Undone series. Have several complete manuscripts, but unpublished at the moment.

Hi Amanda,

Hopefully we will give you insight into writing historicals. I love the genre, and we all started out where you are right now. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xwritersblock.gif It's a great process so enjoy the moment of creation.

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I think Lyn or Delilah can provide you with some shortcuts when we talk about research later this week. I tend to work in ancient history (Rome, Egypt, etc.). That's a great question about language. Honestly, I think the answer is you have to keep your readers engaged, so language is very important. You can lose someone if you're writing like Shakespeare, especially when you're mixing eras. However, you don't want your historical characters talking too modern either. I think Lyn has some stuff on this later this week.

I will be going over this later on in the week. But the idea of how much historical language to add is a great debate amongst many. Some like a lot, while others say it ruins the pace and confuses the reader. I joined the cast of the Florida Renainssance Festival to learn olde English fluently . As a street character, I was to engage patrons with improvisation on any given topic and remain in character at all times. This is a lot harder than you think. But it gave me insight on how to talk in olde English and still be understood. Feel free to ask me any questions. :rolleyes:

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Holliiiieee :lovepounce:

I agree with Minnette, Hollie is a wonderful reviewer. Okay, I may be a little bias. She just reviewed my fourth book in the Celtic series, Lady of the Mountain and gave it 5 cups.

If you are interested, you can check it out.
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookReviews/Ladyofthemountain.html (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookReviews/Ladyofthemountain.html)
<O:p
<O:pWelcome Hollie.
<O:pKisses
<O:pLyn
<O:pxoxo

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Kelly,

I love vampires too. I think after Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire, who wouldn't? LOL

pixie158
October 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Folks; I'm multi-published in contemporary and romantic suspense and am considering my next project as an historical. Hope to learn how it should be done. Carol McPhee

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Folks; I'm multi-published in contemporary and romantic suspense and am considering my next project as an historical. Hope to learn how it should be done. Carol McPhee

Hi, Carol...oooo, another schizophrenic writer like me! ~LOL~ What period are you going to write about?

hollie
October 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Hi, Hollie ~waves~ Welcome! Hollie is a fabulous reviewer and we all love her ~xxxooo~ I'm really glad you could join us.

Holliiiieee :lovepounce:

I agree with Minnette, Hollie is a wonderful reviewer. Okay, I may be a little bias. She just reviewed my fourth book in the Celtic series, Lady of the Mountain and gave it 5 cups.

If you are interested, you can check it out.
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookReviews/Ladyofthemountain.html (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookReviews/Ladyofthemountain.html)
<O:p
<O:pWelcome Hollie.
<O:pKisses
<O:pLyn
<O:pxoxo

:sofa: You two are going to make me blush HugMe

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM
:sofa: You two are going to make me blush HugMe

As you should...~teehee~ M:)

rebelheart
October 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hello to all,
Thanks for offering this class. I am here for the learning process.
The titles that caught my eye were the Tips and Tricks and Making Research Fast and Fun. To me, historical romances are the hardest to write because of the accuracy of detail required. Hence (Eliza) the reason for taking your course on the Tudors and this one :-) Julie

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Hello to all,
Thanks for offering this class. I am here for the learning process.
The titles that caught my eye were the Tips and Tricks and Making Research Fast and Fun. To me, historical romances are the hardest to write because of the accuracy of detail required. Hence (Eliza) the reason for taking your course on the Tudors and this one :-) Julie

Hi, Julie - Welcome! We will be starting out with research tomorrow, so I think you've come to the right place. Have you done research on other books?

rebelheart
October 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Mennette, I Loooove research. Oh, I have to say the other title that caught my eye was the "and Witches" in larger font. So, that word followed by "Writing Historical Romances" were just tied in together for me, along with "Creating Worlds." So maybe if I can learn some basic, objective How-To's, I won't get so bogged down in my own worlds. Julie

majock
October 12th, 2008, 07:57 PM
My friend suggested this seminar and I am really hoping it will jump start myself. I am about 20,000 words away from a "The End" on my second regency. I am "yet to be published" but hopeful. I am looking forward to research and characterization info.

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Mennette, I Loooove research. Oh, I have to say the other title that caught my eye was the "and Witches" in larger font. So, that word followed by "Writing Historical Romances" were just tied in together for me, along with "Creating Worlds." So maybe if I can learn some basic, objective How-To's, I won't get so bogged down in my own worlds. Julie

Perfect - Lyn writes about Celtic witches and warlocks, I write about Roman soldiers, Celtic queens and gladiators, and Delilah writes about 19th century schools of pleasure. Should be a very good cross section for you ~LOL~ :)

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 08:29 PM
My friend suggested this seminar and I am really hoping it will jump start myself. I am about 20,000 words away from a "The End" on my second regency. I am "yet to be published" but hopeful. I am looking forward to research and characterization info.

OMG - You are soooo close! I really hope we can "kick" start you this week. Welcome! :)

Anne Carrole
October 12th, 2008, 08:30 PM
My name is Anne Carrole and I write contemporary and historical western romances. My book, Re-ride at the Rodeo, was just released last week by The Wild Rose Press. However, I have two historical western romances that I am polishing for submission. Looking forward to this seminar.

ldowns2966
October 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evening. I found out about this workshop and thought it would be interesting to take and learn. I've tried my hand (actually fingers on a keyboard) at paranormal but fell into historical kind of by accident. It a short and coming out next year. My first. Woohoo. I've found writing historicals more fun then paranormals. And it's not so much the research. It's being able to bring a piece of history alive. Currently, I've got several historical shorts either submitted to different publishers or in the process of being written or plotted.
Yes, I multitask

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 08:44 PM
My name is Anne Carrole and I write contemporary and historical western romances. My book, Re-ride at the Rodeo, was just released last week by The Wild Rose Press. However, I have two historical western romances that I am polishing for submission. Looking forward to this seminar.

Welcome, Anne...and congrats on the new release! I love release week. We're very happy to have you and I'd love to get some insight from a historical western writer, too, as there are quite a few out there. Glad to have you with us.

rebelheart
October 12th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Now that's exciting. BTW, congratulations on the book review on The Centurion and the Queen. I just saw the notice about it and visited the site. Looks most interesting.

Also, How appropro that 'Delilah' should write about "schools of pleasure." Seems fated somehow . . . .Julie

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evening. I found out about this workshop and thought it would be interesting to take and learn. I've tried my hand (actually fingers on a keyboard) at paranormal but fell into historical kind of by accident. It a short and coming out next year. My first. Woohoo. I've found writing historicals more fun then paranormals. And it's not so much the research. It's being able to bring a piece of history alive. Currently, I've got several historical shorts either submitted to different publishers or in the process of being written or plotted.
Yes, I multitask

Welcome. That's so exciting about your historical short. I'm sorry to say I haven't read many shorts in this genre...I'll have to look that up. What era do you write about? Hope you get a lot of the seminar and can contribute, too. M:)

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Now that's exciting. BTW, congratulations on the book review on The Centurion and the Queen. I just saw the notice about it and visited the site. Looks most interesting.

Also, How appropro that 'Delilah' should write about "schools of pleasure." Seems fated somehow . . . .Julie

Thanks - I was floored when I saw it on Publisher's Weekly (Woohoo, indeed!). And yes, I believe in fate...and this is where you'll find it ~muhaha~ M:)

Lyn Armstrong
October 12th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, we have such a great mix of writers here. I would like to give a big cyber wave to Carol, Julie, Majock, Anne and ldowns. I hope I didn't miss anyone. I love your user names, they are very imaginative.
If Minnette, Delilah or myself do not cover your specific historical question, feel free to email us using our CTR user names or by our email addresses noted in the Q & A.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday night. Until tomorrow, goodnight.

Lyn
xoxo

rebelheart
October 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Nice review, Hollie.
How exciting, Lyn, to get 5 cups! Congrats.
Julie

Minnette
October 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
We'll see everyone in the morning starting at 8am (Pacific Time). Have a great evening! M:)

Catherine Bybee
October 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Catherine and Vivian,

Welcome ladies.

Catherine, good luck on the submission, I'm sure WRP will love your work.

Vivian, I also wake-up with full stories in my head. The ancient MesoAmerican sounds interesting. ;0)

I hope so!

candaceclayton
October 14th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Oops, looks like I forgot to introduce myself, lol!
My name is Candace. I am currently unpublished, but I hope to change that very soon! I have been writing poems, lyrics and short stories ever since I could hold a pencil. lol. I am now trying to branch into longer works of fiction.

I am also working as assistant to the CEO of Eternal Press. Learning so much of the publishing side of writing! It is great fun!

Looking forward to this workshop!

Candace

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Oops, looks like I forgot to introduce myself, lol!
My name is Candace. I am currently unpublished, but I hope to change that very soon! I have been writing poems, lyrics and short stories ever since I could hold a pencil. lol. I am now trying to branch into longer works of fiction.

I am also working as assistant to the CEO of Eternal Press. Learning so much of the publishing side of writing! It is great fun!

Looking forward to this workshop!

Candace

Welcome Candace. We'll have to wait for the ladies on the West coast to wake up, I believe it is still early, but I thought I would jump in early and say hi. Oh, and congrats again on winning The Last Celtic Witch. It's very steamy. LOL.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Nice review, Hollie.
How exciting, Lyn, to get 5 cups! Congrats.
Julie

Thanks Julie. smilies/cloud9.gif

Adrianne_Brennan
October 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF We want to get to know each of you, so please take a minute to introduce yourself to the group. Wed love to know about your writing background, what genres you are interested in, and what youd like to learn at the seminar, so please dont be shy. Remember, in order to be eligible for the grand prize at the end of the week, you must post at least once, so this is your opportunity.<O:p></O:p>

Hi! I'm Adrianne Brennan, a romantic dark fantasy, paranormal, and scifi author and reader. I am in the process of writing a paranormal/dark fantasy/historical in my Dark Moon series, and am eager to learn the best way to write and research an historical. I'm especially interested in writing about Victorian England.

Glad to be reading all of these great posts this week! :D

Love & Magic,
-A

Adrianne_Brennan
October 14th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi Kelly,

I love vampires too. I think after Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire, who wouldn't? LOL

Vampires are great! I'm writing an entire series about them, lol!

Love & Magic,
-A

Lisa Griffin
October 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Okay, guys, I'm new to forums. lol. I have no idea where to look for the lessons. I'm lost! Help!
Oh...and a little about myself. I currently write contemporary romance but would love to try my hand at historical. That's why I'm here. To learn what I can. :)
Lisa Griffin

Minnette
October 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hi, Candace ~yawn, sip~ Welcome! I've just posted the topic for today, so I'll see you over on that thread...~scratch~

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi! I'm Adrianne Brennan, a romantic dark fantasy, paranormal, and scifi author and reader. I am in the process of writing a paranormal/dark fantasy/historical in my Dark Moon series, and am eager to learn the best way to write and research an historical. I'm especially interested in writing about Victorian England.

Glad to be reading all of these great posts this week! :D

Love & Magic,
-A

Hi Adrianna,

Welcome. A whole series on vampires. Cool. In your manuscripts, do you spell it vampires or vampyres?

Lyn
xoxo

Minnette
October 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi, Adiranne & Lisa! Glad you could make it. Lisa, yesterday's topic is under "Monday Topic - Doing Research" thread on the front page of the forum (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=790)and I just posted today's topic under "Tuesday Topic & Poll" thread. Let us know if you need any more help...it's daunting sometimes to get through these forums the first time around.

Adrianne_Brennan
October 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Adrianna,

Welcome. A whole series on vampires. Cool. In your manuscripts, do you spell it vampires or vampyres?

Lyn
xoxo

I spell it "vampires". Given the sort of research I've done online on how the spelling is used today in certain circles I thought that the more recognizable one would be best!

Adrianne_Brennan
October 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hi, Adiranne & Lisa! Glad you could make it. Lisa, yesterday's topic is under "Monday Topic - Doing Research" thread on the front page of the forum (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=790)and I just posted today's topic under "Tuesday Topic & Poll" thread. Let us know if you need any more help...it's daunting sometimes to get through these forums the first time around.

I'm a liiiiittle behind due to some author stuff I had to do last night but I should get on those assignments soon!

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Okay, guys, I'm new to forums. lol. I have no idea where to look for the lessons. I'm lost! Help!
Oh...and a little about myself. I currently write contemporary romance but would love to try my hand at historical. That's why I'm here. To learn what I can. :)
Lisa Griffin

It's easy to get lost sometimes. LOL. Since you are reading this email, I'm going to lead you back to the workshops from here.
Scroll to the top of the page and you'll see in blue writing:
October - Writing Historical Romance
Click on that.
Then scroll down to the different titles (threads).
You can click on any of them that interest you.
If you wanted to read yesterday's workshop, click on Monday's topic
If you want to read today's workshop, click on Tuesday's Topic and so on.
I hope that helps.

Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I spell it "vampires". Given the sort of research I've done online on how the spelling is used today in certain circles I thought that the more recognizable one would be best!

Good idea.

candaceclayton
October 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the welcome Lyn. I am not usually up so early myself, but couldn't sleep this morning. Sighs.

Thanks again for The Last Celtic Witch. Can't wait to read it!

Candace

Minnette
October 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Lyn, for helping out Lisa. See...you are so much more organized than I am! Of course, I haven't even had my first cup of coffee this am...~yawn~

PamLabud
October 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Pam Labud and I write historical, historical paranormal, time travel, contemporary paranormal, and urban fantasy, as well as historical short stories. I'm published with Kensington, Wings, Cobblestone Press, and new this month, Resplendence Publishing!

PamLabud
October 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Oops! I may have posted in the wrong folder. Sorry!

Pam

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks, Lyn, for helping out Lisa. See...you are so much more organized than I am! Of course, I haven't even had my first cup of coffee this am...~yawn~

That's okay. It's lunch time here, so I'm really awake, although a little hungry. Tee Hee. :eat:

Minnette
October 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Pam Labud and I write historical, historical paranormal, time travel, contemporary paranormal, and urban fantasy, as well as historical short stories. I'm published with Kensington, Wings, Cobblestone Press, and new this month, Resplendence Publishing!

You're in the right folder, Pam - Welcome and congratulations on all your success! I would love your input on the daily topics for everyone...I'll bet you have lots of advice. And another RP writer, to boot! We're really glad you could join us...:fridaynite:

Lisa Griffin
October 14th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the help. I know I won't do this right but I'm trying and you got my post. lol. I'm really excited to be here. :)
Lisa

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Hi Pam,

No, you didn't post in the wrong folder. LOL.
Congrats on your new home with Resplendence. They are amazing to work with. I love how much creative freedom they give me along with the extra perks. Okay, enough gushing over my publishers. LOL
Welcome, Pam.
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the help. I know I won't do this right but I'm trying and you got my post. lol. I'm really excited to be here. :)
Lisa

No problem, Lisa. You'll get there. And feel free to ask any questions you like. And I mean anything. You may not always get the truth, but I'll certainly make it entertaining. LOL. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon10.gif

PamLabud
October 14th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks. It's good to see you, ladies, too!

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome Lyn. I am not usually up so early myself, but couldn't sleep this morning. Sighs.

Thanks again for The Last Celtic Witch. Can't wait to read it!

Candace

You are more than welcome, Candace. I love giving away free stuff. It's so much fun. Bouncy Icon Smilie

rgraham666
October 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hello. My names Rob Graham and I have e-books out from Phaze and Aspen Mountain Press.

I'll write anything if I get a good idea for it. Probably won't ever do an inspirational though. I'm not the least religious. Although I am working on a story about a fundamentalist preacher who gets to meet the Deity he really worships. :devil:

So far my published works consist of an anthology of vampire stories, a short piece of BDSM smut, a BDSM romance and a collection of contemporary romances.

I just started a piece with another author; a vampire historical romance set in 1788 London. I'm writing the hero's parts. She's writing the heroine's. :biggrin:

Adrianne_Brennan
October 14th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hello. My names Rob Graham and I have e-books out from Phaze and Aspen Mountain Press.

I'll write anything if I get a good idea for it. Probably won't ever do an inspirational though. I'm not the least religious. Although I am working on a story about a fundamentalist preacher who gets to meet the Deity he really worships. :devil:

So far my published works consist of an anthology of vampire stories, a short piece of BDSM smut, a BDSM romance and a collection of contemporary romances.

I just started a piece with another author; a vampire historical romance set in 1788 London. I'm writing the hero's parts. She's writing the heroine's. :biggrin:

Your work sounds right up my alley. Welcome! :D

Minnette
October 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Hi, Rob ~waves~ I'm so glad you could join us. Feel free to go to the Monday and Tuesday topics and join in the conversation. We're really glad you're here! M:)

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Welcome Rob. Your work sounds interesting. I love to read BDSM smut. LOL.

Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
October 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I will be drawing my prize, The Celtic Witch & the Sorcerer ebook, in about ten minutes. If anyone wants to still enter, you should have enough time to answer the question in the prizes section.

Good Luck!
Lyn

Minnette
October 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Lyn - Can you put this to the Tuesday Topic thread, too? I think most people are looking there today. Thanks! M:)

Lisa Griffin
October 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Lyn,
Thanks for the download of The Celtic Witch and the Sorcerer. I can't wait to read it. Yay!

Lyn Armstrong
October 15th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Lyn,
Thanks for the download of The Celtic Witch and the Sorcerer. I can't wait to read it. Yay!

You are welcome, Lisa. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon12.gif

Lisa Griffin
October 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Guys, I'm late introducing myself. Sorry. I've just learned how to navigate the forum a bit.

I'm a newly published author with Freya's Bower and I look forward to two releases this fall. One, in the One Touch, One Glance, Sweet Anthology and another in the In the Gloaming Anthology. The first is just a sweet romance, the second is sort of magical realism, both contemporary. I'd love to learn to write historical and why I'm here. That's where my heart is.

Lisa~

Adrianne_Brennan
October 16th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Yay! Another FB author! Welcome, Lisa!

Lisa Griffin
October 16th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yay! Another FB author! Welcome, Lisa!

Thanks, Adrianne. I should have introduced myself the other day but this forum was kicking my butt. lol. I was kinda lost.:TroutSlap:

Lisa~

Adrianne_Brennan
October 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Aw! Yeah we have a lot of posts kicking around on here. I wasn't able to post until Tuesday so I missed a few. Quickly played catchup, lol!