PDA

View Full Version : The year is just zooming by.

ChristieSilvers
October 15th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Can you believe that it's the middle of October? Geez, where has the year gone? I swear, the older I get the faster the year goes. :roflmao:

Before I know it, Christmas will be here and I'll have to start planning birthday parties for both my oldest and youngest children. Then my own birthday is Jan 17th. UGH! And here I was just getting use to being 31 and 32 is sneaking up far too quickly. angryrazz.gif

One of these days I'm going to look around and be old. LOL!

Kim Smith
October 15th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I hear ya! Most all of my family has birthdays in either Nov. Dec. or Jan. So this is just the calm before the storm!

ChristieSilvers
October 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM
It's crazy isn't it? My oldest's birthday is Dec 30th. My youngest has her's Jan 15th. Then mine is Jan 17th. My Mom's is Dec 18th. Both in-laws are Jan 29th & 30th. My dad's was Nov 2nd (he passed away 5yrs ago).

Then you throw in Halloween, Thankgiving, Christmas, and New Year's... all of which I'm in charge of hosting. ACK!

Oh, and let's not forget the torment I put myself through in the middle of all this byt doing NaNoWriMo in November. LOL!

Sometimes I think I enjoy punishing myself. LOL!

Kim Smith
October 15th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Yes! I understand perfectly. let's see. My brother's bd is in nov. the week of thanksgiving-- my sister's and daughter's is in dec. the week of Christmas and New Years-- my own birthday and my hubby's (jan 14 and 19- we are right in there with you!) -- it's totally nuts. And expensive!!!

ChristieSilvers
October 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
LOL! You are definitely in the same boat as I am. Yes, expensive is a very good word for this time of year. I've yet to even start Christmas shopping, and I'm usually done by Thanksgiving because that's when we put the tree up..

Kim Smith
October 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
i know there are people out there who purchase all their Christmas gifts in August and so on but I just never seem to be able to do that. I think part of the holiday season IS the shopping :)

ChristieSilvers
October 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
My grandmother shops all year long and stocks up Christmas gifts. I suppose it's helpful, but I do enjoy all of the holiday shopping. I like the decorations being out in the stores when I'm shopping. Makes it seem more festive and fun.

But I still like to be done by Thanksgiving. LOL! I'm such a planner and I feel rushed and in a frenzy if things don't go as planned.

Kim Smith
October 15th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I definitely love the shopping with the crowds, the noise, the music playing carols and the whole bit. I never START Christmas shopping until after Thanksgiving. Sure hurts the wallet though :P

ChristieSilvers
October 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM
LOL! Yes, the wallet sure does ache, doesn't it? This year the hubby wants a PS3 for Christmas. Then the oldest daughter wants a guitar. Can we say PRICEY? LOL

Dani
October 15th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Can you believe that it's the middle of October? Geez, where has the year gone? I swear, the older I get the faster the year goes. :roflmao:

Before I know it, Christmas will be here and I'll have to start planning birthday parties for both my oldest and youngest children. Then my own birthday is Jan 17th. UGH! And here I was just getting use to being 31 and 32 is sneaking up far too quickly. angryrazz.gif

One of these days I'm going to look around and be old. LOL!
Ummm, hellooo, I've got a at least 2 years on you here and I can tell you it's not that bad. Speaking of birthdays, my troubles start this month. My aunt's b-day is the 18th, my cousin's is the 29th, my son's is the 30th (add in Halloween stuff there too), my dad's (bio father) is Nov. 7th, my mom's is Nov. 12th (add in Thanksgiving and my gran's b-day - she passed away long time ago), then my other cousin is Dec. 15th, then Christmas and my b-day on the 27th, then New Years stuff and my other aunt's b-day Jan 15th and my stepdad's b-day on the 28th and some where around there add in Super Bowl festivities. There are more birthdays, but not until April, May and June. Can we say SUPER busy? Laugh it Up fuzball

LOL! Yes, the wallet sure does ache, doesn't it? This year the hubby wants a PS3 for Christmas. Then the oldest daughter wants a guitar. Can we say PRICEY? LOL
I had a guitar when I was about 12 or 13. I never had anyone to teach me to play, but I had it! LOL! It was a Sears special with a small amp included. Mom got a pretty good deal for it.

ChristieSilvers
October 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I don't think our Sears has guitars. LOL! I'm going to hit a pawn shop and see what I can find. DH use to have one, but he never played it so we sold it back to the pawn shop we'd bought it from.

There's no way this child is getting a new one with how fast she's in and out of love with something.

Oh and she wants an acoustic guitar, s no amp needed thankfully.

Dani
October 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I don't think our Sears has guitars. LOL! I'm going to hit a pawn shop and see what I can find. DH use to have one, but he never played it so we sold it back to the pawn shop we'd bought it from.

There's no way this child is getting a new one with how fast she's in and out of love with something.

Oh and she wants an acoustic guitar, s no amp needed thankfully.
That's good. Check Walmart too because they have them (or they do at mine) and they aren't that expencive.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I hadn't thought about Walmart. Come to think of it, I have seen guitars there. Hmmm... I'll have to check when I'm there next week.

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Sleigh Bells Ring... Are you listening?
Yep, another holiday season is here. Wow!

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 10:11 PM
ACK! Noooo, don't start singing carols yet! Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
October 19th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah I'm listening. It's exactlt two months and 5 days till Christmas. Stores here in Australia have already got christmas decorations out on the shelves.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM
We've had Christmas stuff out since the beginning of the month here. It's insane! Halloween isn't even here yet. LOL

One store I went to the other week had an aisle of Halloween stuff, next aisle was Thanksgiving stuff, and the next aisle was Christmas. LOL

I just bought the first gift of the season a few hours ago. YAY I'm starting already! LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...
:nybells:smilies/candycane2.g:tree2:xmastreeplugin:greetings:xmastr eedecor:santasled::santasled1:xmassnowmanbuild

ACK! Noooo, don't start singing carols yet! Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Shame on you Catherine. For shame! :tt2: :biggrin:

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Posting comments on CTR is a cheep way to celebrate this year. No one will have the money for presents.

Shame on you Catherine. For shame! :tt2: :biggrin:

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Sooooo true! LOL Plus, we can all up our post counts and get some cute little awards from Karenne. :hide: Laugh it Up fuzball

Dani
October 19th, 2008, 11:17 PM
One of the stores here has started putting out Christmas items. I was flabbergasted. I'm dreading Christmas being so close because I have no idea what to get anyone.

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Cheep and easy! Like a country song. Ohhh no, thats another post.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I got my middle daughter a pink (her requested choice) MP3 player today.

The youngest wants anything Dora-related. LOL!

Dani
October 19th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Well that's easy to get! I may end up just getting my son gift cards to spend. He like those. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:24 PM
My oldest always asks the relatives to get her gift cards, but when it comes to me, I don't get off so easy. :wacko:

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Oh, my 12 going on 30 year old wants a laptop and a flat screen.
Yeah... Right!

Whatever happened to Elmo?

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
LOL Elmo was sooooo 3 yrs old. Hahaha!

My oldest will be 12 in December. She's been asking for a laptop for about two years now, but I keep shooting that down. It took long enough for ME to get my ow laptop. I told her to get a job! LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
hehe... I tell mine to get a job daily. And he'd likely find a firecracker and blow up Elmo at this point. Saw it on you-tube.

Dani
October 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
My oldest always asks the relatives to get her gift cards, but when it comes to me, I don't get off so easy. :wacko:
I don't usually get off that easy either. The other day he was saying that my aunt and other family get him things on his birthday, but I don't and I told him that he never wants to wait to get things from us on his b-day because he always wants it NOW!!! He never listens to my reasoning. LOL!

Oh, my 12 going on 30 year old wants a laptop and a flat screen.
Yeah... Right!

Whatever happened to Elmo?
My son is going to be 13 on the 30th, but it's like he's going on 30 as well. He wants a new gaming system (BTW, we have a Wii), a PC of his own, a ton of new games, gaming cards (like Yu-Gi-Ho, Chaotic, etc) and so much more.

Elmo is no longer popular as they get older. My son cringes and screams (playing of course) 'Noooooooooooo!!! Not Elmo!!!!!!' 'Anything, but him!' Then he sticks his fingers in his ears and does the Lalalalalalalalalala bit. It's too funny!

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:41 PM
LOL Dani! Sounds like th reaction I get from my oldest regarding anything Hannah Montana.

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hannan Montana is exactly why I'm so happy I only have boys. grin

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:49 PM
My middle daughter LOVES Hannah Montana. The oldest use to, but now she's like the plague. LOL The oldest teases the middle, so I threaten to buy the oldest a H.M. bookbag and write "I love Hannah Montana" in permanent marker and send her off to school with it.

The oldest shuts up pretty quick after that. LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:49 PM
hehehe.. Wicked mom!

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Whatever it takes to shut her up. LOL! I'm a hardass... even the hubby thinks so. However, the girls ended up spoiled somehow. Hmmmm... don't know how that happened. LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Daddy's little girls?

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Hell no! LOL Well, the youngest is and the older two were when they were little.

Actually, I'm only a hardass on particular subjects (chores, teasing, fighting, being smartasses, etc). I usually let them do what they want other times. *giggle*

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah! Sounds like the title of MOM to me. And when did the kids get permission to be smartasses? My oldest is gonna be grounded until he's 18 at this point.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
OMG! My oldest rolled her head at me the other day. My sister and her boyfriends nephew were here. We were all talking with it happened. I stopped mid-sentence, pointed my finger at her, and asked, "Do I need to do something about that bobbing head?"

I immediately got a quiet, "Sorry." Brats I tell ya! Brats everywhere! LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:02 AM
At least you get the sorry. I'm gonna fly off the handle with my oldest one of these days. He's gonna be sleeping on the floor without any comforts at all. I told him that a couple days in jail for backhanding him sounded like a vacation... grin

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 12:03 AM
LOL!! Send HIM for a night in jail and tell him that's where kids who talk back go when they become criminals. LMAO!

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM
We have that discussion daily. "See that bumb? He didn't like school either. See that dirtbag? He talked back to his mom, too."

Washing mouth out with soap isn't off limits. I just need my hubby to hold him down. hehehe

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 12:07 AM
HAHAHA! "Hold him down honey! He's spitting the soap out! Watch the foot!"

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Hog tie first. There is an art to this.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I bet!! LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Tobasco is good. Better than soap.

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Hannan Montana is exactly why I'm so happy I only have boys. grin
My son LOVES Miley Cyrus. I get so sick of seeing or hearing her on the radio and on Hannah Montana. She's the only brunette he's in love with. Laugh it Up fuzball

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:17 AM
My son LOVES Miley Cyrus. I get so sick of seeing or hearing her on the radio and on Hannah Montana. She's the only brunette he's in love with. Laugh it Up fuzball

How old is he?

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 12:17 AM
12 going on 13 going on 30. LOL!

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Man, me too. Sucks huh?

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Yep. I've got 10 days to go until he turns 13. :whistilin:

CharmedGirl
October 20th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Yep. I've got 10 days to go until he turns 13. :whistilin:

That sounds scary.

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 01:11 AM
That sounds scary.
Ummm, yeah, it is! smilies/aah.gif

Shelley Munro
October 20th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Christie,

I know what you mean. Of course it doesn't help having Christmas decorations being sold instore already!!

Shelley

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM
That sounds scary.

Be very afraid!

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
ACK! Not 13!! You're in for it now, Dani! *giggle*

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
13 going on 30... WATCH OUT!

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Laugh it Up fuzball have fun sweetie 13 is such a fun age i'm hoping 14 is slightly 'quieter' :whistling:

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Mine is already trying to figure out what kind of car he wants to drive and his 13th isn't until March. *banging head on desk*

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Mine is already trying to figure out what kind of car he wants to drive and his 13th isn't until March. *banging head on desk*

Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM

The Smurf got his first car when he was 13

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 04:01 PM
My husband was the same way. He says he was driving around in an old pickup when he was 13-14.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:08 PM
He had a mini we used to do car racing and they could start at 14 so he got a car at 13 so he could do all the work on it.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Sounds like a fun way to learn to drive!

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
yes and they learn safty as well so most of the kids from racing are safer on the roads which is good

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
ACK! Not 13!! You're in for it now, Dani! *giggle*
Yeah, tell me about it! :wacko:

Laugh it Up fuzball have fun sweetie 13 is such a fun age i'm hoping 14 is slightly 'quieter' :whistling:
Gee, thanks so much. LOL! I hope 14 is quiet for you too!

Mine told me last weekend (not this past one) that he wanted a Lotus (after seeing it on an add in Miami)!! I told him not before I get my Lamborghini! Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
October 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Mine told me last weekend (not this past one) that he wanted a Lotus (after seeing it on an add in Miami)!! I told him not before I get my Lamborghini! Laugh it Up fuzball

Your son might be waiting a while then Dani. Laugh it Up fuzball

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah, tell me about it! :wacko:

Gee, thanks so much. LOL! I hope 14 is quiet for you too!

Dani... Tell him to get a very good job! And then buy me one too.

hollie
October 21st, 2008, 03:49 AM
I've got 4 so they might manage something between them :rolleyes:

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 06:25 AM
Ask him if I can have a Lamborghini too! Well, not me really, but the hubby will take it. LOL!

Catherine Bybee
October 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM
I've got 4 so they might manage something between them :rolleyes:

I just couldn't do more than 2. Between them and my hubby the demands never stop.

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
I have three and the hubby might as well be #4. I can't even consider juggling the idea of another one. LOL! I'll just cuddle other people's babies and hand them back. LOL

Dani
October 21st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Your son might be waiting a while then Dani. Laugh it Up fuzball
Unless he gets a job as an actor or a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. If that happens he damn well better buy me one for having to put up with his crap all these years. Laugh it Up fuzball

Dani... Tell him to get a very good job! And then buy me one too.
He has to buy me one first. :roflmao:

Ask him if I can have a Lamborghini too! Well, not me really, but the hubby will take it. LOL!
He'd probably tell all of us to take a long walk off a short pier. Of course then I'd have to do this to him :TroutSlap:. Hahahahaha!

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
LOL Good luck with that Dani.

Dani
October 21st, 2008, 02:57 PM
I'll need all the luck in the world. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Yep, that's what it would take for me to get one as well.... alllllll the luck in the world. LOL

hollie
October 21st, 2008, 04:04 PM
maybe i should learn to drive if i want a posh car Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 04:22 PM
LOL! Yeah, that might be a good idea.

hollie
October 21st, 2008, 04:27 PM
i could always get someone to drive me around

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah but then you'd have to pay for a drver after getting that expensive car. What fun would that be? LOL

hollie
October 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah but then you'd have to pay for a drver after getting that expensive car. What fun would that be? LOL

Yeh but if I could afford something like that who would care and as long as he looked nice it would be worth it :whistling:

CharmedGirl
October 21st, 2008, 06:05 PM
Hmmm a driver. Sounds interesting! If he's good looking can he take me for a spin...in the lamborghini.

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 10:13 PM
LOL! I'd take a spin around a more comfortable location. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2008, 01:58 AM

I thought I was the one that made all the naughty posts here at CTR. I guess I was wrong. LOL

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 04:21 AM
you've got compition Bec

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
LOL! Just wait until you get to know me a little better. :biggrin:

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
:sofa: are you a naughty girl? Dani makes you stand in the corner and Karenne growls and glares if your bad so be carefull Innocent?

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
you've got compition Bec

I didn't know it was a competition. If I make my posts anymore naughty I'll get in trouble with Karenne. LOL

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
don't get any naughtier but your not the only one now

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
LOL!! Naughty, naughty! Being naughty is the most fun!

Catherine Bybee
October 22nd, 2008, 06:40 PM
I just love the word naughty. It's so much fun. Fun to say... Fun to do.

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
And don't forget, fun to watch!

Catherine Bybee
October 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
And don't forget, fun to watch!

Yep! Forgot that one. Thanks for reminding me. Lusty Drool Smilie

Dani
October 22nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hmmm, that sounds like a great idea! Now where's... *walks off to find the cabana boy*

:sofa: are you a naughty girl? Dani makes you stand in the corner and Karenne growls and glares if your bad so be carefull Innocent?
I make Bec stand in the corner because she's just that bad sometimes. So far Christie's been mild. Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'm not much of a corner gal... well, not unless I'm being pushed up against in the heat of passion!

LOL! Laugh it Up fuzball

Yeah, like that happens after nearly 15yrs of marriage and 3 kids. :wacko:

Dani
October 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
You never know Christie. It could happen some night when the kids are gone to the grandparent's house. That's what happened to my friend and now she's going to have baby #4! Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Oooohhh, hellllllll NO! There will be NO #4 in this body. Nope, not gonna happen. This shop is closed! :biggrin:

What's funny is that I was talking to a friend today who just had #4 back in July. Well, each of her first three kids are 1 year older than each of mine. Today she was telling me that it's about time for me to get knocked up with #4 for her's to be 1 yr older than that one too. Laugh it Up fuzball

I assured her that there would be no #4, just like I told her back when she got pregnant last year! Laugh it Up fuzball

Nope, no more babies for Christie Silvers unless it's an accidental "oh hell how did that happen" baby. Laugh it Up fuzball

Dani
October 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Laugh it Up fuzball, so it would have to be some sort of Immaculate Conception for #4 to appear?

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Something like that... or I'll have to be VERY, VERY drunk. And that never happens. LOL

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm not much of a corner gal... well, not unless I'm being pushed up against in the heat of passion!

LOL! Laugh it Up fuzball

Yeah, like that happens after nearly 15yrs of marriage and 3 kids. :wacko:

I know that feeling i've done nearly 12 years and 4 kids

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Oooohhh, hellllllll NO! There will be NO #4 in this body. Nope, not gonna happen. This shop is closed! :biggrin:

What's funny is that I was talking to a friend today who just had #4 back in July. Well, each of her first three kids are 1 year older than each of mine. Today she was telling me that it's about time for me to get knocked up with #4 for her's to be 1 yr older than that one too. Laugh it Up fuzball

I assured her that there would be no #4, just like I told her back when she got pregnant last year! Laugh it Up fuzball

Nope, no more babies for Christie Silvers unless it's an accidental "oh hell how did that happen" baby. Laugh it Up fuzball

Laugh it Up fuzball I like 4 now that they are all in school they are starting to pair up which is good I always worried with 3 that one would be left out

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
How close in age are your kids, Hollie?

Mine are currently 11 (12 in Dec), 8, and 3 (4 in Jan).

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
mine are 14 (Jan) 11 just 9 (Jan) and 7 (Jan)

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Ah, our kiddos are pretty similar in age differences (except you have the older one thrown in there, lol).

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
and she's the only girl

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Be glad! Girls are so hormonal. At least mine are and it's driving me batty. Tim is soooo screwed when they all hit puberty. LOL

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
don't... she's half way through it i kkep being told that she's my daughter :sofa:

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
LMAO! I tell Tim that they are brats like him. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 12:24 AM
My sisters kids are brats and it looks like we're taking them to Fiji where I'll hopefully be getting married. That's going to be an interesting 3hour flight. LOL

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I hope you manage to sort the wedding out Bec and just tell the kids that if they are naughty the pilet will make them get off the plane - in the air

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I hope you manage to sort the wedding out Bec and just tell the kids that if they are naughty the pilet will make them get off the plane - in the air

I think the air hostesses will give them colouring in books and possibly there will be a movie on that they can watch. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Good luck Bec. I hope they behave for your perfect day. :-)

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'm sure they will. They're usually good kids. Sometimes a bit wild. But that isn't unusual when they have me as an aunty.

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM
All kids are wild and unruly! LOL Maybe one of these days I'll be an Aunty. With the way my sister is going though, I'll be a grandmother first. LOL

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
i'm an aunt my brother and his wife have 3 kids 2 girls and a boy

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
All kids are wild and unruly! LOL Maybe one of these days I'll be an Aunty. With the way my sister is going though, I'll be a grandmother first. LOL

You never know. She might surprise you!

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
She's been pregnant a coupls of times, but always miscarries. Now that she's divorced and just dating, we'll have to wait and see what happens. Maybe one of these days. She's only 26 so she has plenty of time.

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
thats hard i lost a few times but had kids already

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:14 PM
The last miscarriage for her ended up also being the end of her marriage. That was exactly a year ago now. They'd been married for almost 5 years, but she said she'd had enough (not just the bay issues).

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
i'm sorry for her it's hard my last one ended with a blood transfution and the works so then when Tpot was prem the following year the doctors said i wasn't allowed to have any more not that we would have risked it

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
That's rough Hollie. At least everything worked out. :-)

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 06:28 PM
thanks Christy I'm having surgary at the end of next month that should help sort the rest of the problems out at least i hope it will

Dani
October 25th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I hope it works for you too Hollie.

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Best of luck with the surgery, Hollie. I hope it fixes the issues with minimal pain. Let us know how you're doing afterwards. :-)

rgraham666
October 25th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Best of luck with the surgery, hollie. HugMe

CharmedGirl
October 25th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Good luck with the surgery Hollie.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I don't remember what post it was in, but Dani, I found a picture I took last year during Fall and thought I'd share. Hopefully it's not too big.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/fall-07.jpg

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Wow cool pic Christie. I love the different colours. It's not too big because it's been resized.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:11 PM
This is standing on my front porch and looking down my driveway. I live up on a hill and surrounded by trees. It's beautiful in the Fall. They haven't changed yet this year, but give them 2 weeks and they'll probably look just like the picture again.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:12 PM
OMG it would be beautiful to see everyday.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
It is very pretty. Well, then all the leaves fall off and we're left with a barren, drab landscape. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah but the leaves eventually come back and it's all pretty again. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Here are the trees after the lovely leaves disappear.

Bare Trees (http://christiesilvers.deviantart.com/art/Winter-Trees-in-GA-72628551)

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Wow they are totally bare and it doesn't look like it was a great day when you took the pic either.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
That's the way it always is during the winter. You get the ocassional sunny day, but most are dreary. I hate winter. It makes me feel sluggish and depressed if I don't keep myself busy. I'm a sun-lover and need the sunshine to feel good. Winter is difficult.

This is a good picture from last winter though. We'd had ice and it was melting when I took this.

Water Droplets (http://christiesilvers.deviantart.com/art/Water-Drolets-on-Pine-Needles-72628301)

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM
That is so cool.