PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you like?

ChristieSilvers
October 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Everyone has their own taste, likes and dislikes, in music. I'm just curious to see what everyone likes. :)

I love almost anything, except country. I like rock, hip-hop, rap, techno, heavy metal. I'm always listening to the Hit List on my digital music channels on cable. I like classical when I'm trying to relax. I like dark stuff when I'm writing (think Queen of the Damned soundtrack).

I'm good with anything it seems. :biggrin:

rgraham666
October 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty eclectic. About the closest I come to a genre of music I dislike is C&W and teen pop. Even then I'll hear things that I like.

Until recently my favorite streaming radio station was Sing-Sing Radio from St. Malo, France. They were always surprising me with some techno, punk or reggae band I'd never heard of before but were very good.

Recently I've been listening to the CBC classical radio station. Mostly to get into the mood for the historical vampire romance I'm working on.

LaurenMurphy
October 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Everyone has their own taste, likes and dislikes, in music. I'm just curious to see what everyone likes. :)

I love almost anything, except country. I like rock, hip-hop, rap, techno, heavy metal. I'm always listening to the Hit List on my digital music channels on cable. I like classical when I'm trying to relax. I like dark stuff when I'm writing (think Queen of the Damned soundtrack).

I'm good with anything it seems. :biggrin:

Your taste it the same as mine. I don't care for country much but I can pretty much find something I like in any category.

Crystal-Rain Love
October 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I'm a big rocker, especially Kansas, Bad Company, Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, Billy Squier, Bon Jovi, AC/DC... I LOVE David Cook (and for some reason, I find listening to his older pre-Idol stuff helps when I'm writing about vampires)
But I listen to a pretty big variety. Travis Tritt, Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey (loved her old stuff), Sugarland, John Mellencamp, Otis Redding...

rebelheart
October 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Okay, I'm going to be the odd ball here. Country is great---very patriotic themes. Though some of the "lost love" songs can get depressing I can't stand hip-hop or rap. I'd rather hear nothing if that's the case! But I LOOOOVE Metallica and other deep gutteral songs. I also love Bach. At the same time, I love Neil Diamond. Classic rock, though, is probably what i listen to most. Words are important as well as melody. Probably from my upbringing playing the piano and then being in the percussion section in high school:-) Julie

CharmedGirl
October 19th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I love any kind of music but I have my favourite bands - Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, The Killers, The Living End. There are others but the list would be very long if I continued. LOL

rebelheart
October 19th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Hey Charmed Girl--
Green Day rocks! Love their Blvd. of Broken Dreams. And of course, Three Doors Down, Lifehouse, and, you're right, the list could go on and on and on. Julie

hollie
October 19th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I tend to listen to which ever music my daughter is playing at full blast I don't really mind what it is but i have found if i let her pick the music i have more control over the volume

joviangeldeb
October 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Bon Jovi!:notworthy:Bouncy Icon Smilie:thewave:Lusty Drool Smilie:guitar:

Kim Smith
October 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I am such an old hippie, classic rock is my absolute fav, but my kids have turned me onto rap and hip hop and other stuff. I am sort of like you Christie. I like a lot of different stuff especially when I am writing. I am a major Celtic music fan too!

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Bon Jovi!:notworthy:Bouncy Icon Smilie:thewave:Lusty Drool Smilie:guitar:

Nooo!! Really?? Laugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzball

joviangeldeb
October 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Nooo!! Really?? Laugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzball
:lol: How could you tell?

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Gosh, I don't know. I must be a mind reader! ;) Laugh it Up fuzball

BTW, I like Bon Jovi too. *giggle*

joviangeldeb
October 19th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Gosh, I don't know. I must be a mind reader! ;) Laugh it Up fuzball

BTW, I like Bon Jovi too. *giggle*
Woooooohooooooo! :)

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Check out my myspace page. That gives you an idea of what I like.
I can't do rap. Sorry. Country is good for about a half hour. Then the dog comes back with the girl and all is good. grin

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Country is good for about a half hour. Then the dog comes back with the girl and all is good. grin

Laugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzball

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM
My mom drilled country into me as a kid. I just can't do it for long...
Oh, yeah... And Elvis gives me horrid childhood flashbacks.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:13 PM
My dad listened to Lynard Skynard. *giggle*

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM
We either had the 'country phase', whinny, bible loosing, hat wearing, no good boyfriend steelin' country crap. Or the King. OMG! No wonder I write romance.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:17 PM
My husband was a HUGE country fan when we met. Now, he still listens to it ocassionally, but he finds himself listening to the same music I do.

Now, our girls listen to anything and everything.

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:19 PM
My hubby is all Rock and Roll. When we met he use to do the stage lights for big hair bands in Hollywood for fun.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Ohhh, that's cool!

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Ohhh, that's cool!

It was when we were young and stupid. Hollywood is a short life. One way or another.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Sometimes young and stupid is fun. ;-)

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:33 PM
When your young.

Now it looks like too much work. grin

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Oh gosh, I'd never wanna go back to my teens... or even early twenties. I'm soooo OVER all that these days. Even the hubby teasing about having a 4th baby just makes me shiver. LOL!

Sure, I'm only 31, but I've been married for 14 1/2 yrs and sooooo close to getting the 3rd off to school in only 2 yrs. I'm ready for some writing time that isn't interrupted by pleas for a juice cup. LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I hit 40 this year. Both my kids are in school and writing has taken over all my free time. It goes from juice cup to homework help.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Luckily my older two hardly ever need homework help. They brought home report cards last week and both made Star Honor Roll and straight A's. The oldest didn't have anything lower than a 96! I'm so proud of them.... And thrilled that they take after me and not daddy. LMAO!

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I have one like that... the other? Not so much!

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Take after the daddy? Hahaha! Just kidding!

Catherine Bybee
October 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Sorry to say that the one that is 'Not so much' takes after me. I could care less when I was in Jr. High. Which is why I'm always in need of a grammar queen as a critique partner.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Aw, that's the way life goes. You never know what you'll be doing as an adult. Some people just hate school. My brother was the same way.

My sister hated it, but made great grades. She's so book smart, but terribly lacking in common sense. LOL Love her to death though.

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I got it in college. In all things science. Grammar-- not so much. And thank God for spell check.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM
My sis is a whiz at math, but can't spell to save her life. LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 12:12 AM
My 9 year old spells like a champ. Rolls his eyes at his older brother all the time. During the homework hour... or 4 hours, he says to me. "I feel sorry for you mom." Refering to his brother who is pissing and moaning about the work.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM
LOL They can be funny at that age. My 8yr old likes to roll her eyes at her big sister all the time.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
my boys can spell better than the older 2 mainly because the older ones have mobile phones and have learnt 'text talk' now their spelling terrible.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Text talk is bad! LOL Half the time I can't even bring myself to use it.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I don't understand it and if the kids don't use english if they message me i don't answer it's getting bad but at least the schools are against it

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM
One of my friends uses it all the time when she texts me. Most of it I can figure out, but sometimes it's just beyond me.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
my cousins daughter has just started talking to me on msn when ever she can't find Jojo and i can't usually understand her

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
LOL! Makes you feel old doesn't it? I'd rather use REAL words.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I know thats what the kids keep telling me

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I know thats what the kids keep telling me

You know you're getting old when you consider kids music... well, kids music. Not something 'normal' people listen to. grin

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
yeh thats a good point

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM
LOL! There's not much kids music being played in my house. My kids go straight into most of the stuff I listen to.

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I ban rap! I've brainwashed my oldest into loving my music. hehehe
Wicked mom, I know!

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
LOL! Nothing is really banned in my house. I'd prefer not to hear country, but I can always plug my ears with my mp3 player (which I tend to do very often). LOL

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I don't ban anything either if they want to listen to it and i don't i have a volume button and and once i've turned the volume down she knows not to turn it up again

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Oh yes! You gotta have volume control, that's for sure.

rgraham666
October 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
You know you're getting old when you consider kids music... well, kids music. Not something 'normal' people listen to. grin

In other words, when we've turned into our parents. ;)

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM

ACK!! Nooooo! smilies/aah.gif :censored:

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 07:58 PM

:omg_2: say it isn't so!

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 10:26 AM
Nope, I refuse. Won't be happening in my house. Never. Ever. With a cherry on top!

Daelith
October 21st, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm a pretty eclectic listener too. Really just depends on my mood. The only thing I don't like is rap.
Some of my favorites off the top of my head are Collective Soul, Evanescence, Nickeback, Hinder, Clannad, Enya, Lifehouse, Aerosmith and U2.

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM
Great list! I enjoy almost all of those. Never heard of Clannad though.

querida
October 21st, 2008, 06:02 PM
If you've ever seen the Harrison Ford movie where he plays Jack Ryan (FBI guy, or maybe it's CIA?), you've heard Clannad. They did the theme music for it, called "Harry's Game", I believe. I wish I could remember the movie's title...maybe Dangerous Games? Clannad has really pretty, haunting, Celtic music.

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 10:14 PM
I don't think I've seen that movie. I'll have to look up Clannad. :-)

rgraham666
October 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Patriot Games was the name of the movie. Ford played a CIA analyst.

ChristieSilvers
October 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Nope, haven't seen that one. I'm not much for "government" type movies though. Maybe I'll add it to my Netflix queue and see if it's good. :-)

Saturn Moonie
October 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM
I like a little bit of everything, though my fav. is 80's music. I wont get into details of how much I love it, but I'll name a few of my fav. artist (some 80's, some not)

1.Pat Benatar (love Love LOVE her, hehe. She was the first concert I went to, and I saw her again back in August) :notworthy:

2. Madonna (Duh, it's MADONNA, hehe)

3. Tori Amos (I just love her music, I love her piano playing)

4. Fall Out Boy (I love you Patrick Stump, hehe. What can I say, I swoon whenever I hear that boy sing.

5. Katy Perry (She kissed a girl, and everyone liked it :winkiss: lol)

6. (I was only going to do 5, but I have to give a quick shout out...) Journey and Genisis (Duh, STEVE PERRY, 'nuff said, and Phil Collins.)

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2008, 01:45 AM
That song from Katy Perry 'I kissed a girl' is an awesome song. It's so catchy. Everytime I hear it on the radio I always sing it and then I'm still singing it later on in the day.

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 04:54 AM
That song from Katy Perry 'I kissed a girl' is an awesome song. It's so catchy. Everytime I hear it on the radio I always sing it and then I'm still singing it later on in the day.

Yeh but my daughter and her friends now think this is a good game. there are now hundreds of teenage girls kissing because of it. and the smurfs oppinion to it. 'well at least if she's kissing girls she's not getting pregnant' :rolleyes:

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
I love that song too. Everytime I hear it I think of one of my best friends. She is BI and she made me a tag with two half-naked women and some of the words to the song on it. LOL She's a big flirt!

I would share, but I don't know just how naughty we can get here on CTR. Since there are boobies showing it might be a no-no. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 22nd, 2008, 07:43 AM

Tell me about it, it's been in my head for months! I still can't get rid of it. I had it on my myspace for a while, and I have the CD so I always listen to it at work, it's also my ringtone and my callertune. But I've had to cut back on it, my 5 year-old nephew is walking around singing it now. I'm getting dirty looks from my step-dad :whistilin: We all feel 5 year-olds shouldn't be thinking about kissing girls and liking it.

Yeh but my daughter and her friends now think this is a good game. there are now hundreds of teenage girls kissing because of it. and the smurfs oppinion to it. 'well at least if she's kissing girls she's not getting pregnant' :rolleyes:

:roflmao: True

I love that song too. Everytime I hear it I think of one of my best friends. She is BI and she made me a tag with two half-naked women and some of the words to the song on it. LOL She's a big flirt!

I would share, but I don't know just how naughty we can get here on CTR. Since there are boobies showing it might be a no-no. LOL

Aww I wanna see it, haha.

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Okay, I won't post the actual image, but here's the link to the tag. LOL

She Kissed a Girl and She Liked It (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/MisMade/CHAlaynaMagnanKissGirlMisMade08.jpg) Laugh it Up fuzball :biggrin:

Saturn Moonie
October 22nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Oh my goodness, I love it! It's so pretty, I looove the pink hair, and the tattoo in the...err....nether region, haha. Your friend is very talented.

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Yep, she makes those things for me all the time. Though there are only a few places that I can use some of them without putting up an NC-17 warning. LOL!

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
thats lovely i'm glad Jojo isn't doing things like that just yet

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
I think my girls have a while before they're kissing anyone. LOL

rgraham666
October 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Okay, I won't post the actual image, but here's the link to the tag. LOL

She Kissed a Girl and She Liked It (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/MisMade/CHAlaynaMagnanKissGirlMisMade08.jpg) Laugh it Up fuzball :biggrin:
Um. Yummy. ;)

I'm glad I have no daughters. I'd live in mortal fear of them meeting a boy that was like me at that age. :arghhhh:

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
LOL I think my hubby has that same fear, Rob. The poor guy is already going gray from the thoughts.

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Um. Yummy. ;)

I'm glad I have no daughters. I'd live in mortal fear of them meeting a boy that was like me at that age. :arghhhh:

mine is nearly 14 and i'm glad the other 3 are boys

LOL I think my hubby has that same fear, Rob. The poor guy is already going gray from the thoughts.

the smurf started going grey years ago

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
My man keeps denying his white hairs popping up on the sides and in his whiskers on the chin. LOL Poor guy. I told him that's hair dye for that though. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 12:29 AM
My man keeps denying his white hairs popping up on the sides and in his whiskers on the chin. LOL Poor guy. I told him that's hair dye for that though. LOL

I bet when you told him there's hair dye for that he totally had a fit and started denying there were grey hairs in the areas you pointed out. LOL

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 04:20 AM

I dyed the smurfs hair the other day it's has a lovely purple tint to it now

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I dyed the smurfs hair the other day it's has a lovely purple tint to it now

The same thing happened to me when the hairdresser re-did my streaks. I have lots of blonde streaks in my hair and when my hairdresser coloured all my hair a violet mixed with brown the streaks tinged purple. I was so disappointed when it washed out. I loved the purple colour. Next time she dyes it it's going to be full red with blonde and black streaks. I can't wait! LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Bec: Nope, that's when he went in the bathroom and shaved his hair. LOL! He likes to keep it buzzed short anyway, but it was funny that he did it right after I enlightened him. LOL

My hair is nice shade of red from a box. When it's newly colored and fresh, it has a tint of purple in the sunlight. My mom loves it when it's purple. LOL!

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 06:59 AM
no this was intentional we picked the purple

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Why purple? Why not blue, or orange? *giggle* Was there a purpose for the purple?

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
It just seemed like a good idea but he's planning blue for christmas

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
That's the best reason around! Just seeming like a good idea is the answer I use for a lot of stuff. LOL That and, "Felt like the thing to do!"

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
another very good answer Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
It just seemed like a good idea but he's planning blue for christmas

Blue would look totally cool but I think he should get it dyed like a rainbow. It would look so funny! LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 03:39 PM
The hubby flicked me one day and I asked him why. His answer was, "Felt like the thing to do," so now I'll walk by him all the time and flick him on the ear, or punch him in the stomach, or smack him on the ass. Then I shout, "Felt like the thing to do!" Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
The hubby flicked me one day and I asked him why. His answer was, "Felt like the thing to do," so now I'll walk by him all the time and flick him on the ear, or punch him in the stomach, or smack him on the ass. Then I shout, "Felt like the thing to do!" Laugh it Up fuzball

Turn his on words back on him. That's totally funny! Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I always do that. He knows that as soon as a smart-ass comment comes from his mouth that he's soooo screwed. LOL He knows me quite well, but sometimes those stupid comments slip right out of his mouth. LOL

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
yep mines the same still love him to bits though

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I'm always being a smart cookie turning people's words back on them. I love teasing my fiance's dad and his brother.

One night I went out to Dinner with them and my fiance was working late, anyway there was this girl there with the shortest shorts on you'd ever seen. I swear her pants looked like a belt they were that tiny. They were totally speechless for the whole night and I couldn't turn their comments back on them. It was so unfair!

rgraham666
October 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM
That's what the bun basket is for. Ammunition.

Bounce a bun off their heads with a "Hello? I'm sitting right here." ;)

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I think if I threw the whole salad bar at them I still wouldn't get their attention from how a girl could wear shorts that short. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
LOL I always wonder how shorts like that can be comfortable.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I was going to tell her that she needed to go and buy some new shorts. I was even thinking about giving her money towards them. LOL

rebelheart
October 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hey Catherine, I'm with you on that one! I've just raised my 17-year old son listening to the type of music I like to listen to, so it's what he likes---country, classic and soft rock, some heavy metal---Metallica to be specific. Of course, he does like the modern versions of rock/alternative as well. As far as rap and hip-hop go, "Low" is about as low as I can go on that style (yes, I lump them together as one). Why would I want to hear it in my house when I can go to various sections in town and hear the same uneducated style of speaking out on the streets? Of course, I was raised on Simon & Garfunkel and Peter, Paul, & Mary. Guess I'm just an old fogey at heart!