PDA

View Full Version : Hosting CTR Coffee Write - November

Lyn Armstrong
October 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Coffee Write is Back<O:p</O:p

at CTR!<O:p</O:p

And I am hosting November’s Storyline.<O:p</O:p

Hear ye, hear ye. Come one and all for an adventure into the world of Norman knights and brazen Saxons. The story has a beginning but how it continues is up to you. Bring your swords and ale and stop by Coffee Times Romance in the month of November. Everyone is invited to add their unique passage to the story. The scribe who writes the best passage will win a castle in the highlands. Okay, you won’t win a castle, but you’ll receive four ebooks from the Celtic series which will transport your imagination to a Scottish castle with sorcerers, witches and warlocks.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
So drop by and see how a falsely accused Saxon noble prepares to fight for her life as she is hunted by a mysterious Norman knight in the tale of…<O:p</O:p
A Knight’s Dark Eyes.<O:p</O:p

Click here to join (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=255)the fun! <O:p</O:p

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I am so looking forward to this :lovepounce:

Lyn Armstrong
October 20th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I am so looking forward to this :lovepounce:

So am I, Hollie. I've already got a lot of excited feedback for Coffee Write. It's going to be so much fun. Bouncy Icon Smilie

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM
oh cool let me know if i can help in anyway Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
October 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I'm looking forward to writing my paragraphs for your Coffee Write Lyn.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
bec are you still doing this months coffee write?

CharmedGirl
October 20th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah except I didn't post yesterday. I will make sure I write something today.

Lyn Armstrong
October 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
oh cool let me know if i can help in anyway Bouncy Icon Smilie

I will. Thanks hon. :theman:

Lyn Armstrong
October 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm looking forward to writing my paragraphs for your Coffee Write Lyn.

Cool. It's going to be fun.

Lyn Armstrong
October 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah except I didn't post yesterday. I will make sure I write something today.

Oh, I didn't know you were doing this month's Coffee Write. :duh:

CharmedGirl
October 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah I've written a few paragraphs this month. I've been enjoying writing.

However, Historical Romance isn't going to be easy to write. I'll have to do some research before I start writing.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
You'll be suprised how much you already know just from reading Bec

CharmedGirl
October 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah I know a little bit from reading but it's still not the same as writing something that will suit the storyline.

Lyn Armstrong
October 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
All romance writers start from being avid readers. I'm sure you'll do fine with the research. It can be a lot of fun and frustrating at the same time. LOL. My problem is when I'm in the thick of research books, my mind wants to make up new stories to link to a historical fact. So by the end, instead of finding the information I need for my current work in progress, I've got 4 more plots waiting to be written down. LOL.
I have to learn to turn off the right brain and work the left otherwise I can't concentrate.:duh:

Aleka Nakis
October 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
This sounds like so much fun, ladies. I'll be there:-)
Maybe I'll be able to drag Demi Alex out of the clubs long enough to join us, too.
lol

CharmedGirl
October 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
Cool Aleka.

CharmedGirl
October 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
All romance writers start from being avid readers. I'm sure you'll do fine with the research. It can be a lot of fun and frustrating at the same time. LOL. My problem is when I'm in the thick of research books, my mind wants to make up new stories to link to a historical fact. So by the end, instead of finding the information I need for my current work in progress, I've got 4 more plots waiting to be written down. LOL.
I have to learn to turn off the right brain and work the left otherwise I can't concentrate.:duh:

If you don't turn off the right brain you end up going completely crazy. :wacko:

Kim Smith
October 21st, 2008, 08:00 PM
Can anyone join in this? Sounds lovely!

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2008, 02:08 AM

Yeah Kim you can join in the fun. The Coffee Write section started this month. You should check it out and add a paragraph to it.

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?p=71311#post71311

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM

Oh yes please come and join us the more people we have the better it will run

Lyn Armstrong
October 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
This sounds like so much fun, ladies. I'll be there:-)
Maybe I'll be able to drag Demi Alex out of the clubs long enough to join us, too.
lol

Yah, Demi is lots of fun. :fridaynite:

Lyn Armstrong
October 22nd, 2008, 07:40 AM

Absolutely! Come play with us in the sandbox, Kim. :orange:

hollie
October 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
I like sand i have some in the garden

Lyn Armstrong
October 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
I like sand i have some in the garden

Yah, lets all go to Hollie's place and play in her sandbox. Hmm, that sounds naughty. LOL :shifty:

Saturn Moonie
October 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Coffee Write is Back<O:p</O:p

at CTR!<O:p</O:p

And I am hosting November’s Storyline.<O:p</O:p

Hear ye, hear ye. Come one and all for an adventure into the world of Norman knights and brazen Saxons. The story has a beginning but how it continues is up to you. Bring your swords and ale and stop by Coffee Times Romance in the month of November. Everyone is invited to add their unique passage to the story. The scribe who writes the best passage will win a castle in the highlands. Okay, you won’t win a castle, but you’ll receive four ebooks from the Celtic series which will transport your imagination to a Scottish castle with sorcerers, witches and warlocks.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
So drop by and see how a falsely accused Saxon noble prepares to fight for her life as she is hunted by a mysterious Norman knight in the tale of…<O:p</O:p
A Knight’s Dark Eyes.<O:p</O:p

Click here to join (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=255)the fun! <O:p</O:p

Sound muy interesante I can't wait, although I will most likely only read it, hehe.

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Sound muy interesante I can't wait, although I will most likely only read it, hehe.

there is a coffe write running this month as well

Saturn Moonie
October 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah I know, I wrote one of the first paragraphs, hehe, but that's it, I haven't written any more. I got sick and didn't come on here, I just got back this week, and i'm trying to catch up but I've got ADD Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
you'll have to catch up there is only just over a week left

Lyn Armstrong
October 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM

We are happy to have you come on by whether you participate or write a few sentences. It's all good. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon10.gif

So Saturn, are you a writer, reader or both?

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm going to have to read your books again Lyn so I can get the hang of how to write a paragraph for an Historical novel.

Saturn Moonie
October 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
We are happy to have you come on by whether you participate or write a few sentences. It's all good. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon10.gif

So Saturn, are you a writer, reader or both?

Well I'm mostly a reader, but I have aspirations of writing, lol. I just need to actually finish the stuff I write instead of trashing it. I've started so many long stories and half way through them, I'll stop, and I'll start doubting that I can be successful and then I delete them. Which my best friend hates! So right now I'm working on something else, and she refuses to let me delete it, but I've already been tempted. LOL

But I really do want to write, I like it when people read my short stories or my poems and feel something, whether it's happiness or sadness. I want to be able to help people take a break from whatever problems are in their lives, and just make them happy, or make them think.

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Well I'm sure you'll have fun writing in Lyn's Coffee Write next month Saturn.

Saturn Moonie
October 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Well I'm sure you'll have fun writing in Lyn's Coffee Write next month Saturn.

Can't wait then, :giggle:

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
You should try writing something this month. Just to give it a go and see what you can come up with. I've just written my paragraph for the day and a follow on to that should be pretty easy.

Lyn Armstrong
October 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm going to have to read your books again Lyn so I can get the hang of how to write a paragraph for an Historical novel.

LOL. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Lyn Armstrong
October 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Well I'm mostly a reader, but I have aspirations of writing, lol. I just need to actually finish the stuff I write instead of trashing it. I've started so many long stories and half way through them, I'll stop, and I'll start doubting that I can be successful and then I delete them. Which my best friend hates! So right now I'm working on something else, and she refuses to let me delete it, but I've already been tempted. LOL

But I really do want to write, I like it when people read my short stories or my poems and feel something, whether it's happiness or sadness. I want to be able to help people take a break from whatever problems are in their lives, and just make them happy, or make them think.

I understand what it is like to self-doubt what you write when you are starting off. However, it's important to your creative muse to follow it through to the end. Just finishing a manuscript fuels the creative ego. You can edit the first draft later, but you cannot edit a blank page.
No more deleting. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xwritersblock.gif LOL.

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
LOL. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I don't think so! I think it's going to take me ages to write one paragraph. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I understand what it is like to self-doubt what you write when you are starting off. However, it's important to your creative muse to follow it through to the end. Just finishing a manuscript fuels the creative ego. You can edit the first draft later, but you cannot edit a blank page.
No more deleting. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xwritersblock.gif LOL.

:yes: You are right, no more deleting, hehe. Well I'm going to work on something new for NaNoWriMo, and hopefully this is it. I feel good, confident, I've got a few things floating in my head at the moment. I will finish this darnit, or I'll perish trying. (God I'm so melodramatic)

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 04:23 PM
:yes: You are right, no more deleting, hehe. Well I'm going to work on something new for NaNoWriMo, and hopefully this is it. I feel good, confident, I've got a few things floating in my head at the moment. I will finish this darnit, or I'll perish trying. (God I'm so melodramatic)

I'm sure you will write 50000 by the end of the month Saturn.

Have faith in yourself!

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think so! I think it's going to take me ages to write one paragraph. LOL

Bec this months coffee write has gone into the past and your doing ok with writing paragraphs

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Bec this months coffee write has gone into the past and your doing ok with writing paragraphs

Yeah I know. But it's getting annoying when other people aren't writing a paragraph. I've written the last three in a row. I want someone else to write for once. :TroutSlap:

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I know i'll see what i can do

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 04:44 PM
It's great fun. I don't understand why no one wants to write one simple paragraph.

Lyn Armstrong
October 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM

LOL. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xwritersblock.gif

Lyn Armstrong
October 27th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Laugh it Up fuzball I love it!

Lyn Armstrong
October 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah I know. But it's getting annoying when other people aren't writing a paragraph. I've written the last three in a row. I want someone else to write for once. :TroutSlap:

I'm so sorry Bec, I haven't written anything yet. I'm just swamped on writing Witch Hunter. I'm behind my deadlines and I think I may have to extend them which means my release date will be pushed back. Doh! :duh:

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I hope you're having lots of fun writing Witch Hunter. I can't wait until it comes out. But first I have to read books 3 & 4. LOL

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I'm so sorry Bec, I haven't written anything yet. I'm just swamped on writing Witch Hunter. I'm behind my deadlines and I think I may have to extend them which means my release date will be pushed back. Doh! :duh:

oh no you can do it sweetie i can't wait any longer. ok so i can if i have to be I really really don't want to :notworthy:

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM
oh no you can do it sweetie i can't wait any longer. ok so i can if i have to be I really really don't want to :notworthy:

Don't put Lyn under pressure Hollie. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
October 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I hope you're having lots of fun writing Witch Hunter. I can't wait until it comes out. But first I have to read books 3 & 4. LOL

I'm still waiting for my stash of books to be delivered with Heart of a Warlock so I can send them to Rosemary's Romance Books in Australia. I'll let you know when they are sent off to Rosemary. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon12.gif

Lyn Armstrong
October 28th, 2008, 08:38 AM

LOL. You two are too cute for words. Thanks for the support guys. I feel so looooved. :lovepounce:

hollie
October 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM

I wasn't just reminding her how much i need her :lovepounce:

LOL. You two are too cute for words. Thanks for the support guys. I feel so looooved. :lovepounce:

HugMe

Lyn Armstrong
October 28th, 2008, 09:27 AM

And you do it so well, Hollie. LOL.

hollie
October 28th, 2008, 09:40 AM
:thankyou: smilies/cloud9.gif

CharmedGirl
October 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM

HugMe

Yep we love having Lyn here at CTR. She's a great author.