PDA

View Full Version : What are you up to this week?

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Figured I'd start another rambling thread. LOL!

Plus I thought I'd try to reach 500 posts before the end of the month. Laugh it Up fuzball Poor Karenne! I do lubs ya! :hide: :wub:

Nevertheless, what are your plans for the week? Anything fun and exciting? Or just the normal, everyday kind of stuff?

This week is just a normal week here at home for me. I usually spend all morning working and then break at 11am for lunch and goofing of.

I wrote a lot this morning. Worked on the website adding a reviews page. Cleared out numerous emails. Wrote several blog entries on several different blogs. Cleaned tomato gunk and seeds from the 3yr old's hair (don't ask).

Just all the normal stuff. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Alrighty. It's time for me to go pick the big girls up at school and run by the grocery store for a few things I forgot when I was there Friday.

I'll be back later tonight (after dinner, baths, and bedtimes). :-)

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Looks like I found some time before dinner, baths, and bedtime. Dinner is cooking in the crockpot, so that helps.

I was just doing some more "window" shopping on Amazon for the girls' Christmas. Then they all started crowding around me spouting off their wants and demands. Soooo, I X'ed it off. :gavel:

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm part way through bed times the 2 little ones are in bed, oldest boy is watching tv and The Smurf is about to go get Jojo from Cadets.

The rest of the week i'm going to be decorating which is well over due but never mind

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 04:02 PM
What kind of decorating will you be doing?

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
living room I wanted new carpet and wallpaper but we can't afford it so I've got a new rug and i've picked paint. It will be clean and nearly the same colours and probably less work so it's still going to be nice.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Ooohh, I always love a fresh paint job! My bedroom needs it bad. I love changing colors in my house. Since we built the house 12 years ago, particular areas have been blue, pink, purple, and green.

Right now the majority of the house is a nice seafoam green. The girls' rooms are a lovely shade of purple, and my bedroom is an awful shade of pink (that use to be a pale purple).

The bedroom hasn't been painted in about 6-7 years.

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'm going Whisky Cream and Chocolate in a hope of making the room look bigger and i'm going to move all the furniture around so it should look better..... I hope :whistling:. The bed rooms need swapping we are moving into the boys room as it is slightly smaller than ours and there is 3 of them and they spend quite a lot of time in there.

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds neat. What does the Whiskey Cream look like?

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 05:14 PM
cream with a very slight tint to it. It's slightly warmer than magnolia

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Sounds pretty. :-)

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm going Whisky Cream and Chocolate in a hope of making the room look bigger and i'm going to move all the furniture around so it should look better..... I hope :whistling:. The bed rooms need swapping we are moving into the boys room as it is slightly smaller than ours and there is 3 of them and they spend quite a lot of time in there.

Whisky Cream and Chocolate? sounds like an erotic novel. Are we talking body paint here?

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 06:00 PM

Thanks I'm hope it works

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
LOL Would make a good name for some kinky body paint! Wouldn't it?

hollie
October 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Whisky Cream and Chocolate? sounds like an erotic novel. Are we talking body paint here?

No it's the colours i'm painting my living room Innocent?

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
No it's the colours i'm painting my living room Innocent?

Sounds yummy. :smokindevil:

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
LOL Would make a good name for some kinky body paint! Wouldn't it?

We could start a whole new line of products. Coffee Time Body Paints

ChristieSilvers
October 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
"Where lovin' meets art!" LOL!!

Catherine Bybee
October 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
:roflmao: hehehehehe

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
suggest it to Karenne Laugh it Up fuzball

Saturn Moonie
October 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
That's funny, and cute guys. I wont even touch that subject, but I will say that I'm beginning to see a patter w/ Catherine, everything sounds erotic to her. Which means she's just as dirty minded as me, I love it! :roflmao:

I have a few out-of-the-ordinary plans for this week(end). Friday I'm going to NYC w/ a friend of mine, he wants to pick out a Halloween costume. Saturday I'm going to Trail of Terror with my friend. I looove it, it's my fav. thing to do in October http://www.trailofterror.com/2008/flash_index.html check the gallery out, it's got really cool picks.

Anyway, also, I don't know when (maybe Sunday?) I'm going to the movies to see HSM3 (hehe) and Saw VI.

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
My older girls are begging me to take them to see HSM3. I told the hubby that Disney did this on purpose. Give the first two away for free on tv and then hit us with the third in the theaters. $$$$$

Saturn Moonie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
You may be right, but hey, they are smart because it's working. I love High School Muscial, and Zac Efron...mmmm Zac Efron, he is so super yummy. Did you see him in Hairspray? smilies/bath_shower.

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
I'm not much for musicals, so I haven't seen Hairspray yet. I'm thinking about bribing my mom to take them to see HSM3 so I won't have to watch it. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
lol smart, let your poor mother suffer huh?

I'm a huuuge musical theater whore (I'm a whore of many things, haha). If it's a musical I will see it, since I can't afford to go to the city and watch them. *sighs* I need to go soon before I burst, I haven't been to a show in about 3 years, last one I saw was Beauty and the Beast.

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
good plan if mine wants to see it she can take herself

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Of course, I won't tell my mom it's a musical. LOL She's not big on them either, but luckily she's not really up on the current stuff. LOL

LaurenMurphy
October 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
This thread is hilarious!

My week is actually going to be a bit different from my usual. Thank God!

Well I'll just skip to today since the other days have passed. Tonight I plan to add 1K to my current WIP and then pick The Man up from his second job. Tomorrow I will go to my dreaded day job. Then I have to rush home to change into something nice because we are going out to a comedy club. Woohoo!! Saturday I am going to The Y to workout since I skipped today. Yes I'm a bad girl. ;) After that we are going out to lunch (after a shower of course) then we are going to look for stuff to help us decorate the apartment. We are bored with it. Of course there will be some writing in there somewhere. Sunday is my big writing day. I'll probably write for most of it and watch a movie when I take a break. I can't wait until tomorrow!

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
thats naughty clever but naughtyLaugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Sounds like fun Lauren! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Good luck shopping for decor. That's a task I tend to avoid whenever possible cause there are just too many choices. lol

Hollie -- I'm both clever and/or naughty 90% of the time. The other 10% is me sleeping. :biggrin:

LaurenMurphy
October 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Sounds like fun Lauren! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Good luck shopping for decor. That's a task I tend to avoid whenever possible cause there are just too many choices. lol

Hollie -- I'm both clever and/or naughty 90% of the time. The other 10% is me sleeping. :biggrin:

Shockingly the decorating is The Man's idea. He likes for things to look just right. *shrug* I guess one of us has to care lol!

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
My man would be happy living with all white walls and bare floors. He doesn't care. LOL

I'd like to have new carpet and hardwood floors... sometime!

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I can't wait to start picking colours for carpets and tiles in the new house I'm building. It's going to be so much fun!

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Ah yes, building a new one is a lot of fun. We had a good time choosing things for this one when we built it, but the wait is horrible. You just wanna move in as soon as possible and it takes forever.

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
i always wanted to build a house but it isn't as easy here

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:49 PM
There are so many new estates going in where I live.

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Is there a big difference between building in the US and elsewhere?

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM
it's complicated here we you can't just buy land and build on it we have green belt brown belt village laws and my person favorate the 'in keeping with' rule. a lot of it makes sence if you think about it we are on a small island so we have to make sure building doesn't take over and we have to respect the history of most of the country.

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I can understand that, Hollie. There are places here that actually dictate what kind of house you can build if you buy land in their neighborhoods. My grandmother's neighborhood tells you exactly how many sq feet your home must be and how many floors you have to have. It seems weird, but they want to have all the homes in the same "price range" so as to keep the neighborhood "nice."

Me, well I live in the country and can do whatever the hell I want to do with my land. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
With all the talk of decorating and house building, I gave in and bought a new bedset for my bedroom. It was $$$$, but it is so gorgeous. Then I chose the paint color I want! I'm going to get the paint next week and then we'll start re-decorating my bedroom.

It hasn't been painted in about 6-7 years, so it needs this BAD!

I got a gorgeous burgandy set that has like a black velvet inlay design all over it. The set came with comforter, bed skirt, an two pillow shams for $80 and three throw pillows or $11 each. Then I bought a set of burgandy 400 thread count, egyptian cotton sheets & pillowcases to go with it! The sheets set was $40 at the store, but I found them last night on eBay for $25. Woohoo!

All of this is way more than I usually spend on bedding, but it's been 5 yrs since we bought a new bedding set and I absolutely love this new set.

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
the country is hard cos a lot of it is green belt and you can buy as much land as you want for next to nothing but there is no way you will get planning permission to build on it

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Ooohhh, here it is on the store site! Hopefully the link will work.

Bed set (http://walmart.scene7.com/walmart/flash_zoom.jsp?company=WalMart&sku=5996080&config=WalMart/zoom_config&default=0008180616645&title=Home%20Trends%20Amaryllis%20Comforter%20Set&categoryid=4044)

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
That sucks Hollie, but I can see how they would want things to stay natural and beautiful.

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:26 PM
i got new bedding a few weeks ago it's black satin and i got it for 10 because there was a mistake on the stitching so i just got my mum to restitch it.

rgraham666
October 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
That is the major difference between North America and Europe, the land available to it.

One of the unique cultural things about Ontario, and much of the rest of Canada, is 'going to the cottage'. A lot of people have small houses on one of the many lakes here. From May until about now a lot of people leave the city on Friday afternoon and drive to the cottage. On Sunday afternoon they come back. A lot of people take their summer vacations there. My family rented a cottage every summer for about fifteen years.

These trips can easily be one hundred and fifty to three hundred miles.

A number of years ago I was talking to a young lady from Germany. When I mentioned this her jaw dropped. Taking the same trip in Europe could easily mean crossing three international borders.

So we North Americans have a very different idea of 'space' and 'distance' than Europeans.

I also think we're far less historically minded that they are, but that's another post altogether. ;)

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Wow, that's great Hollie!

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
i agree i've heard people take about some where being a 3 or 4 day drive. you can do one end of england to the other end of scotland and back in two days. I just can't understand how much space you have

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Bed set (http://walmart.scene7.com/walmart/flash_zoom.jsp?company=WalMart&sku=5996080&config=WalMart/zoom_config&default=0008180616645&title=Home%20Trends%20Amaryllis%20Comforter%20Set&categoryid=4044)

oh christy that is lovely

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks! I can't wait until the sheets get here.

Saturn Moonie
October 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM

OH MY GOODNESS! That is beautiful, and they match my curtains, I want it. HAHA

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Ooohhh, where did you get your curtains????

Saturn Moonie
October 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Walmart LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Do they look just like the bedset? I didn't even think about curtains until I got home. I'll have to look when I go back next week. I'm thinking that a black velvet curtain would look good though, especially since the walls are going to be a burgandy color with black trim.

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 05:40 PM
well we can't be accused of being one tracked any more we now do interior design as well Laugh it Up fuzball i love this place HugMe

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
LOL!! Nope, but at least I kept it in the "what are you up to this week" section. LOL!! I'm loving all the conversations in here.

Saturn Moonie
October 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Do they look just like the bedset? I didn't even think about curtains until I got home. I'll have to look when I go back next week. I'm thinking that a black velvet curtain would look good though, especially since the walls are going to be a burgandy color with black trim.

They're burgandy, and then towars the bottom it has those lil black flowery pattern-y thingies, lol.

Black velvet, that's niiiice. Wow it all sounds so good, sounds like a vampire's bedroom. :clap:

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
LOL!! Nope, but at least I kept it in the "what are you up to this week" section. LOL!! I'm loving all the conversations in here.

true i usually talk about what ever where ever because conversations change so quickly

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Yep, I love the topic changes!

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Hmmm what am I up to this week?

Posting, shopping, working, reading and maybe partying. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Sounds like fun, Bec!

I had to go visit with the in-laws today. BLAH! But at least it's only a couple hours every Sunday. And it's a free lunch. LOL!

Now I'm home, doing laundry and waiting for my sister to show up for a visit. The girls are off playing and Tim is watching Nascar. Nothing spectacular. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
When I move into my house when it's finally built the future in-laws will only be living 10 minutes away. I hope they don't always pop around uninvited. I'll end up screaming the place down if they do. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Luckily my in-laws never show up here. They come to my house 3 times a year and that's for the girls' birthday parties. However, they expect us to come visit them every Sunday. Some weeks I just refuse to go. They smoke and I always end up with a headache from the smell by the time we leave their house.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't go. I can't stand smoking. I get really bad headaches if I'm around anyone who smokes or has been smoking. The smell really gets to me. Sometimes it even makes me sneeze constantly. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
When I was pregnant with the girls it would make me throw up every time. They had to open all the windows in the house a few hours before I came or I refused to go.

They don't smoke while we're there (I put a stop to that when the oldest was born),but the smell lingers and it's awful.

What's funny is that Tim use to smoke, but now that he's been quit for so long the smell gives him headaches too. I love it cause now he knows what I've felt like for all these years. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:36 PM
No one I hang around smokes so that's really good but when I go out to dinner or the movies or anywhere I end up going out to I can always smell who has been smoking because their clothes absolutely stink of cigarette smoke.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Oh I know! I was so happy whe Tim quit smoking. I never allowed him to smoke in the house to begin with, but his clothes smelled so badly all the time. He's been quit now for over 5 yrs. Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:59 PM
If anyone is smoking around me I end up just moving so my clothes don't smell of cigarette smoke.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Luckily, over here they've passed laws so there's no smoking in most public places. No more smelling smoke when trying to eat dinner out. YAY!

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah same here but people still smoke in public places anyway. Why isn't there someone who can give them around when you need them?

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
LOL I'm always saying that there's never a cop when you need one.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
The worst place I go to where you're not suppose to smoke is the shopping centre. Our shopping centre has a riverwalk where the restaurants, cafes and cinemas all are and that's where the majority of people smoke. I always try to avoid that area but when you go to the movies as many times as I do it's hard! LOL

I went and saw How to Lose Friends and Alienate people on Saturday. It was so funny!

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I want to see that movie. It look hilarious!

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
OMG you definitely have to go and see it Christie. You'll be laughing just about all the way through the movie.

Another movie called Four Holidays looks great as well. But it isn't out here until December. It has Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon in it.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I haven't heard of Four Holidays yet. I'll keep an eye out for it. I don't go to the movies very often, but I have a Netflix queue with hundreds of movie in it. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm a going to the movies junkie. I only go so I can Frozen coke, popcorn and because the seats are so relaxing. LOL

I can't wait until Twilight is out. I might even go and see it in Gold Class where the seats recline. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 26th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I saw Saw V on Friday, muaahaha. It was goooood, and gory.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Those saw movies keep getting more and more gory. I haven't seen them but people keep telling me they get more and more gory.

The last scary movie I saw was Wolf Creek.

Saturn Moonie
October 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
OMG that came out like in 05 or 06. I guess you're not a scary movie person. I am smilies/bump.gif I've been watching scary movies this whole weekend actually. I'm watching American Werewolf in London right now.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Nope I'm not into scary movies that much and if I do watch them it's normally during the day. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM
LOL oh no no no. You're missing out. Middle of the night, with all the lights in the house turned off, that's how you watch scary movies.smilies/catmoon.gif

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I live on a property on a main road where lots and lots of cars break down. I'd be way too scared in the middle of the night. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
LOL isn't that better than living in the middle of nowhere, with woods sorrounding your house?

I used to live in a house like that, just acres of woods, in the middle of nowhere, no street lights, dirt road. It was great actually :giggle:, loved watching scary movies there, and stargazing was super awesome too.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
We have woods behind us but I have a very scary dog to protect me. He's half dingo half red cattle dog. He's a very good guard dog. LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Aww that's so sweet, I have a cat, but she's a freak of nature, she can't even guard me from a lil tiny fly, she runs away. Goodness forbid a mouse happens to visit my house, the darn rodent would probably run both me and Selene out of the house.

hollie
October 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I live at the north end of the village so i have both counrty and houses

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I love scary movies! I just watched "The Strangers" last week and it was awesome. It's not as gory as the Saw movies, but definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.

I haven't see the newest Saw movie yet. I'm sure I will eventually since I've watched the other 4. They get even more gory than the last with each new movie. I think they're overdone now. Hopefully 5 will be the last cause the storylines are getting ridiculous.

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I've been DYING to see The Strangers (get it? dying? HEHE)

Saw V was exceptionally gory, the beginning (first trap), I couldn't look away or close my mouth! What can I say, I liked it, it was coooool. And at the end of the movie, it looks like the end of the series...buuuuut when they signed up to do V they also signed up for VI so expect another part.

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM
The Strangers was very good! You'll definitely like it.

Kim Smith
October 27th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Good morning ladies! just popping in to start out my week!
Had a weird weekend... spent most of it in an easy chair with a hurt toe. Geez, I am always lucky that Way!

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Good morning ladies! just popping in to start out my week!
Had a weird weekend... spent most of it in an easy chair with a hurt toe. Geez, I am always lucky that Way!

Sorry to hear that Kim. What did you do to yourself that you hurt your toe?

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Wow, that sucks Kim! I hope it's nothing major. What did you do to your poor toe? Mine pretty much hate me for all the times I've rammed them into the stone fireplace over the years.

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 04:36 PM
i used to do that alot but we don't have a stone fireplace here so i'm ok now

ChristieSilvers
October 28th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Gosh, can you believe that October is almost over?

My girls are gearing up for trick-or-treating Friday night. I still need to adjust the oldest DD's costume. I also just found out that I may have to take all three girls t-or-ting all alone. The hubby has no idea when he'll get home from work that night cause they're doing inventory. BLAH! He's never missed a Halloween with the kids.

Add to that the low temps we've had for the last week, and I'll be an unhappy mommy Friday night. The girls have already been warned that there will be a layer of clothing beneath all costumes. They aren't amused. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 28th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Your kids are going to have lots of fun trick-or-treating Christie. I wish I had some little kids to take on a lolly run around the neighbourhood. LOL

hollie
October 29th, 2008, 07:13 AM
we've had bad frosts from eairly evening the last few days if it carrys on then it will be stuff under costumes and coats over the top but i am hoping that i can blackmail Jojo into taking the boys out

Saturn Moonie
October 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM
:tear: I wanna go trick-or-treating. *Sighs* oh well, I guess my time is over, I'm too grown-up for that. I wish I had kids so I can take them, that way I can trick-or-treat too and use my kids as an excuse. :giggle:

ChristieSilvers
October 29th, 2008, 07:39 AM
LOL! Wish I could blackmail someone to take the girls. I hate being out in crowds and cold.

hollie
October 29th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I've waited a ages for her to be old enough to take them it helps that they only do our street and there are loads of kids out at the same time and non of them are allowed to leave the street

ChristieSilvers
October 29th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Ah, that's good Hollie. We don't even go around our road. We live out in the woods and no one comes here.

Saturn Moonie
October 29th, 2008, 08:00 AM
LOL! Wish I could blackmail someone to take the girls. I hate being out in crowds and cold.

I'd take them...you know...if I lived in Georgia. :lol:

hollie
October 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM
you could post them to me if you want Jojo will take them Laugh it Up fuzball

Saturn Moonie
October 29th, 2008, 08:08 AM
you could post them to me if you want Jojo will take them Laugh it Up fuzball

:giggle:Laugh it Up fuzball:roflmao:

hollie
October 29th, 2008, 08:11 AM
what did i do?? :sofa: Innocent?

ChristieSilvers
October 29th, 2008, 08:21 AM
LOL! I'll send them right over! They might make it before Halloween. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM

It'd cost you a fortune to send them my way. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, probably so. I guess I'll just have to do it myself tomorrow. LOL The kids are excited. I need to adjust the oldest DD's costume tonight and paint everyones fingernails. Everything is read to go, but we still don't know what time the hubby will get off work tomorrow.

CharmedGirl
October 30th, 2008, 03:30 PM
It's Halloween here today. I can't wait till the party I'm going to tonight. It's going to be awesome.

ChristieSilvers
October 30th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I hope you're having a great time tonight! I love Halloween parties. Maybe one of these days I'll have the time and space to through one. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 01:33 AM
It's not night time yet it's only 3.33pm. The party doesn't start until 8pm. That gives me plenty of time to get ready. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 01:43 AM
As for what I'm doing this weekend I'm going to see the new Gerard Butler movie Rocknrolla.

AussieHeMan
October 31st, 2008, 02:18 AM
It's not night time yet it's only 3.33pm. The party doesn't start until 8pm. That gives me plenty of time to get ready. LOL

You're not going to need 4 and a half hours to get ready Bec.

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Hmmm I guess not. I haven't started to get ready for the party yet and it's now 5.22pm. It'll only take me an hour to get ready. LOL

hollie
October 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM
I hope you have a good time Bec we're just having a family evening and the kids will go trick or treating then we'll probably just have hot dogs or something equally simple

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 03:19 PM
OMG the party was awesome. There were some great costumes. One of my friends went as a vampire. He looked so good! LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 31st, 2008, 03:58 PM
That's great! Did you dress up too?

We have about 2 1/2 hrs before we head out to take the girls trick-or-treating. Tim actually made it home EARLY today. YAY! Now I don't have to worry about taking them out alone. They kind of outnumber me, you know? LOL

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah of course I dressed up. I ended up going as a pirate wench. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM
Ooohhh, the hubby has been begging me to be a pirate wench for a few years now. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 04:39 PM
It's a cool costume. One girl went as a mummy. Her outfit was fantastic. She had a skirt made out of bandages which was just awesome.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah of course I dressed up. I ended up going as a pirate wench. LOL

Your costume was great Bec and we got some really good photos from the party.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 01:10 AM
Your costume was great Bec and we got some really good photos from the party.

Oh cool. I'll have to come around and check out those pics. Maybe tomorrow.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 01:25 AM
Oh cool. I'll have to come around and check out those pics. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow huh? Is that in between posting and planning your upcoming wedding? :wacko:

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah tomorrow. You got a problem with that? I need to visit every once and a while.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Stop you're whining that you never visit anymore.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 02:19 AM
What are you telling me that I sometimes visit and that's good enough? I'm sure not all your housemates agree Aussie.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 02:40 AM
What are you telling me that I sometimes visit and that's good enough? I'm sure not all your housemates agree Aussie.

Actually the housemates like you not being here. It makes the place a lot more quiet because we don't have to put up with your constant laughter. smilies/1poke.gif

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 02:54 AM
Actually the housemates like you not being here. It makes the place a lot more quiet because we don't have to put up with your constant laughter. smilies/1poke.gif

I don't believe you. I bet they miss me like crazy. :notworthy:

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 05:33 AM
I don't believe you. I bet they miss me like crazy. :notworthy:

Okay maybe they miss you a little bit or so the story goes. :dizzy:

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 05:45 AM
Okay maybe they miss you a little bit or so the story goes. :dizzy:

I know they miss me like crazy that's why I've been with them all afternoon. smilies/bump.gif

ChristieSilvers
November 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM
Awww, how could anyone not miss Bec when she's gone?

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 05:28 PM
Awww, how could anyone not miss Bec when she's gone?

Cool it's good to know someone misses me. LOL

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Of course we would miss you Bec!! :-)

Well, this week is going to be quite the week. I'm planning to get at least 2,000 words a day written for the next five days. Then throw in a dental cleaning on Thursday and a 3 year old on a sugar high. Hmmm, can we say INSANE? LOL! Plus all the normal, everyday stuff that goes on in a houshold with 3 brats running around. LOL.

What's up with everyone else during this first week in November?

Saturn Moonie
November 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
2,000 a day!? I cannot do that maaan. I'm surprised I've written as much as I have these last 2 days, lol.

My week is all about NaNo, I'm determined to see this thing through, but I've forgotten how big of a procrastinator I am.

Friday my best friend (who happens to be my old astronomy teacher from High School) is coming down to visit from Jersey. We're meeting up at my old school, and she's planning on opening up the observatory. But depending on how my word count is by Thursday, I may or may not go. Because I know us, and we say we'll hang out for 2-3 hours, and next thing we know we're at a Diner at 2 a.m. :lol:

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Well, my weekends aren't very conducive to writing, so I have to get in as much as possible during the week. At least I only have one child home, instead of all three. LOL! Plus, I want to be finished by Thanksgiving so I'm not worried about word count while trying to cook a Thankgiving feast and hosting family. LOL

Have a blast with your friend. Sounds like you two really have loads of fun when you're together.

Saturn Moonie
November 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Well, my weekends aren't very conducive to writing, so I have to get in as much as possible during the week. At least I only have one child home, instead of all three. LOL! Plus, I want to be finished by Thanksgiving so I'm not worried about word count while trying to cook a Thankgiving feast and hosting family. LOL

LOL yeah true. You may try and sneak back to your computer and forget all about your turkey, hehe.

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Oh no, Tim would never let me forget about the turkey. LOL He's such a worrywart that I actually set a timer for basting throughout the cooking so that he won't constantly ask me if it's time. LOL

Saturn Moonie
November 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
LOL cute. Is he a big fan of turkey, or are you just a great cook? Or is just because it's Thanksgiving?

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
I'll have to go with "All of the Above." LOL!

I always make a big deal out of Thanksgiving. I cook far too much food and everyone comes over. We have loads of fun and eat way too much. Then when everyone leaves, Tim, the girls, and I put up our Christmas tree and decorations to the sounds of holiday music playing in the background.

Everyone has a good time.

After that it's just a count down to Christmas and making sure I have all the gifts wrapped and ready. But there's something about Thanksgiving Day that gives pause to the holiday frenzy. I like to enjoy it. :-)

Saturn Moonie
November 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Aww that sounds so traditional.

This year I'm going to attempt to make thanksgiving dinner, um I've never made a turkey before, but how hard could it be right? I know how to read and follow instructions :giggle: I've never made stuffing either, but boy do I like the stuff. My grandma made the best stuffing ever.

Knowing me and my luck, this Thanksgiving will be one of those gotta blog moments where something crazy will happen.

Last year I went to the casino, lol. It was fun, I turned 20 dollars into 600 :biggrin:

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Nah, it's not tha difficult. Those suckers can be heavy though, so be prepared for that. It's pretty easy, just takes a while. Ooohh, I love my mom's dressing! I've tried to make it, but mine never comes out as moist as her's. LOL!

Wow, $20 into $600!! I'd be tempted to try my luck at that again. LOL!!

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Oh, how's the writing coming today? I'm halfway through my 2,000 words for today. I'm about to get into a raunchy sex scene, so I may go over 2k today. ;) :biggrin:

Saturn Moonie
November 3rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Wow, $20 into $600!! I'd be tempted to try my luck at that again. LOL!!

Yeah well I went a few months back, and I had horrible luck, lost about 200 dollars. smilies/aah.gif Do you know how many books I could have bought???

Oh, how's the writing coming today? I'm halfway through my 2,000 words for today. I'm about to get into a raunchy sex scene, so I may go over 2k today. ;) :biggrin:

Um...well :whistilin: I've been procrastinating. Only written about 500 words (yikes) But I wrote this really good ritual scene last night and finished the stuff from 15 years in the past. So now I have to work on establishing the character as she is today, and it's soooo boring! And I'm kind of stuck because I don't know how to explain her mother's death (I dont even know how she died)

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Now keep in mind that you don't have to write everything in order. You can skip around. Write scenes that come to you... even if they won't be happening until much later in the book. Write flashbacks, flashforwards, sex scenes, fight scenes.... anything! It all counts toward your word count, even if it's not in order.

I wrote a scene today that doesn't even have a place in the book yet. It came to me last night when I went to bed and I had to write it this morning before I forget it. I keep it in my "Random Scenes" file and will use it when I come to te right spot for it.

Just write and see what happens. Let the story and characters take on a life of thier own. :-)

Saturn Moonie
November 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Yes ok I will! Thanks for the motivation, I feel rejuvinated. And I'm giddy because I just found out I won Linda Wisdom's Fan Fiction contest! :jump:
Yay me, that's sure to boost up my confidence.

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Wow, congratulations! Yes, definitely YAY YOU!!

Also remember that it's only Nov 3rd; you have allllll month. ;)

ChristieSilvers
November 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hey! Where'd everyone go?? November arrived and *poof* you all disappeared. LOL! Come out, come out, where ever you are!

I'm still here, even if I'm a little busier. ;) :biggrin:

hollie
November 6th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm here as well but i'm busy as usual

Saturn Moonie
November 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM
LOL I'm here too, I was just taking a nap, but I'm up now. :whistilin:

NancyHenderson
November 7th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I'm doing the Nano thing this year. I've written 6 pages on longhand so far. This story I'm doing is really not behaving, so I think I'm doing pretty good by getting 6 pages done. Plus I've solved a major plot problem.

Saturn Moonie
November 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Ok here's what I've got planned for the rest of the week (gives Christie something to read, lol) In between trying to write, I'm going to my old high school today to visit some old teachers, play some board games and open the conservatory up.

Tomorrow night I have a "date" with my housemate, we're going to watch Silent Hill, since we haven't seen much of eachother, she's been working double shifts and I've been locked in my room writing or at least TRYING to write. We figured we'd put some time aside for us, because we like to hang out together.

That's it, maybe I'll get some Guitar Hero time in there too, :giggle:.

rgraham666
November 7th, 2008, 09:56 AM
My plans are simple for the weekend.

1. Finish the scenes I've got planned for my new novel.

2. Get back into the habit of walking.

3. Clean my room.

Saturn Moonie
November 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Ooooh that's a good one, clean my room. That's been on my to-do list for months now, hehe, it just keeps getting lower and lower on that list. Maybe...MAYBE, I'll attempt that myself. :whistilin: Maybe.

ChristieSilvers
November 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
So have you cleaned your room yet? LOL

Saturn Moonie
November 12th, 2008, 01:17 PM
So have you cleaned your room yet? LOL

:shifty: You talking to me???

Well...:whistilin:

No. :roflmao:
Hello my name is Jennifer and I am a lazy slob bhowdysmilie.gif

ChristieSilvers
November 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
LOL!! Am I going to have to get the Mommy tone with you?

Now young lady!

Laugh it Up fuzball

My middle daughter is just terrible at cleaning her room. She drives me batty. And it's all the worse because she shares a room with the oldest and she's slowly becoming a neat freak. :wacko:

Saturn Moonie
November 12th, 2008, 02:06 PM
LOL oh that's harsh for your oldest daughter.

I don't know what happened to me, I used to clean my room every weekend when I was little, hehe. My mom is a clean person and she taught me to be that way too. I even used to make my bed when I woke up in the mornings......then something happened. I don't know why, but around 12 or 13 I became such a slob! Thankfully I don't share my room with anybody, and my mom still gets on my case about my room, hehe, but I just tell her to walk out and pretend she didn't see the mess. :lol: And then I send her outside to smoke a cig. lol. I don't allow smoking in my apartment, which she hates of me.

ChristieSilvers
November 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
LOL! I don't allow smoking in my house. Tim hated it when he use to smoke, but I'm the one who cleans it and my rules go. Thankfully he quit smoking 5 yrs ago when he found out his health insurance was going to go up if he didn't. LOL!

Maybe the opposite will happen with my middle daughter. Hopefully the older she gets, the cleaner she'll get. *Fingers Crossed*

rgraham666
November 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Nope, didn't get to my room either. smilies/blush2.gif

I did get close to 7,000 word of writing done since last week. :biggrin:

Saturn Moonie
November 13th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Nope, didn't get to my room either. smilies/blush2.gif

I did get close to 7,000 word of writing done since last week. :biggrin:

YAY FOR NOT CLEANING YOUR ROOM!!!
And for the 7,000 words ;)

ChristieSilvers
November 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
LOL! Shame on you both. Though congrats on the word count! ;-)

My room is actually in disarray as well, but it's only because we're painting. One more wall and we'll have it all knocked out. The hubby finally finished refinishing the dresser, though the drawers need one more coat of stain. Hopefully he'll finish that this weekend as I'm tired of digging my clothes out of a laundry basket.