PDA

View Full Version : Posts gone wild!

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'm marveling at the fact that it's so much fun here.

I love how a post about music can be turned into a conversation about being thrown into a corner and refusing to have more babies.

Or how a post about e-books turns into a discussion about seasons. Laugh it Up fuzball

You guys make me laugh and I appreciate that playtime you spend with lil ole me! :biggrin: Keep it up!

:wub:

ChristieSilvers
October 22nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh, and I only need 43 more posts to reach 500. LOL!!

I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow!

CharmedGirl
October 23rd, 2008, 12:37 AM
We will make sure you reach 500 by Monday. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll make it before tomorrow arrives. LOL!!

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
a thread about posting thats a new one but your right we can't stay on one subject for long but we do tend to ciricle back. I also like that you can have 3 or 4 conversations at the same time with only 2 of you around

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
LOL I can tell! It's fun though. Some groups like these can get so stuffy and very UNfun. However, this group seems to get better with each passing month. :biggrin:

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
as long as we don't get offensive we are pretty much free to talk about anything.

It's because Karenne wubs us HugMe

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Works for me. I'm more offensive in my books than in "public". LOL!

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
offensive you never :sofa:

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
:tt2: Laugh it Up fuzball

Wait until you see the next book I'm working on. The phrase "f**k buddy" has already been used twice within 3 pages. :biggrin:

LaurenMurphy
October 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM

Wait until you see the next book I'm working on. The phrase "f**k buddy" has already been used twice within 3 pages. :biggrin:
But this is a very good phrase.

*looks around at blank stares* What'd I say? :P

hollie
October 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Thats not offensive it's discriptive I know exactly what you mean Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yes, I thought it was quite the good phrase as well. And since that's a commonly used phrase 'round these parts, and the book is based in an imaginary north Georgia town... well, you get the point. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
October 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I'm off to bed for the night. Fridays are my errand days, so I have a lot to do tomorrow. TGIF!! I'm so glad the weekend is here. The hubby is planning to take me out tomorrow night... kid-free! Woohoo.

Night all! I'll definitely reach my 500 posts tomorrow. :-)

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
But this is a very good phrase.

*looks around at blank stares* What'd I say? :P

Of course f**k buddy is a good phrase.

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Night all! I'll definitely reach my 500 posts tomorrow. :-)

I will get my 4000 before the end of the month then i will get 3 awards do you think Karenne will give me an award for the most awards earned at the same time?

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I will get my 4000 before the end of the month then i will get 3 awards do you think Karenne will give me an award for the most awards earned at the same time?

You could get the posting demon award for this month. Maybe that should be a new award we should start. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 06:45 AM
From what I've heard you'll get smacked with a fish for that suggestion, Bec. LOL!

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM
You could get the posting demon award for this month. Maybe that should be a new award we should start. LOL

you could suggest that to Karenne

From what I've heard you'll get smacked with a fish for that suggestion, Bec. LOL!

probably but it will be fun to watch

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
LOL! Don't say I didn't warn you when you come in smelling like fish one day. Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
remember saying that we don't get bad weather till after christmas? well we spoke to soon we have snow warnings for next week

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
You jinxed yourself. LOL!

It's rainy and cold here today. I'm freezing. And the hubby wants to go out to dinner this evening while the girls are staying the night with the in-laws. Sounds fun, but I hate being out in the rain. BLAH!

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
It's beautiful and sunny here today. I'm definitely going to the beach.

hollie
October 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
it's been cold wet and windy here

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I hate cold and wet weather. I love the sun because I can go and sunbake at the beach and improve my tan. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I love sunshine. I get down when the sun is missing for too many days.

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
We need rain because we're on tank water but the sun is much better because you can go walking or you can go to the beach and relax.

ChristieSilvers
October 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, we're always needing rain too, but that doesn't mean I like it. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Sometimes rain is good especially when you don't know what you want to do. Usually when it rains we go and get some movies from the video store and watch them or we go to the movies.

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'd like to just stay in bed on a rainy day. But the kids won't allow it. LOL

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
we get to many rainy days for that

ChristieSilvers
October 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I guess you'd sleep your life away if you stayed in bed when it rains over there. LOL

hollie
October 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
yep we do get quiet a bit of it rain here

CharmedGirl
October 25th, 2008, 11:19 PM
It's hardly rained here lately so I wouldn't much chance of sleeping in or staying in bed all day. LOL

Catherine Bybee
October 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM

ahhh... must keep reading to find out more.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:03 PM
LOL You'll be waiting a while. It's my NaNo book for this year, so it hasn't been written yet. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
LOL You'll be waiting a while. It's my NaNo book for this year, so it hasn't been written yet. :biggrin:

You'll be starting to write it in 6 days time.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Yep! This time next weekend I'll be ignoring the family and typing until my fingers cramp and butt aches. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Then we can all see the Nano Word Count rise.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Yep! I'll update about once or twice a day. I'm hoping to get finished a week early again so that I can focus on Thanksgiving with the family at the end of the month. *Fingers crossed*

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Good luck with getting if finished a week early.

*fingers crossed*

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks! I did it last year (my first NaNo year), so I *should* be able to do it again. The book won't be finished, as 50,000 words won't be enough, but I do hope to reach the 50K goal early.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Can we read what you've written of the story somewhere Christie?

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hmm, well I just have the opening lines in one of these posts. I might add some to the NaNo page after I get going. I haven't decide yet. I will be posting a blurb once I'm further into the story. Most of my stories start out one way and end another, so I never know what the complete book will be about until it's finished. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I've read the start. It's really good!

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks! I'm excited about the storyline. Hopefully it won't disappoint me. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm sure it won't. I bet you'll love the story by the time you've finished.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking it will turn out great, but I'm suppose to think that. LOL! I've gotten great response from the few who I've shared the story's premise with. I just don't like to share that with too many people because I never know when the story will take a turn and end up being about something entirely different.

My characters don't always agree with my ideas about how their lives should go. They tend to take over and decide for themselves. LOL

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
My characters don't always agree with my ideas about how their lives should go. They tend to take over and decide for themselves. LOL

That's just the way it goes sometimes. I bet you'll be celebrating big time when you've finally finished it!

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Oh yes! I celebrate the birth of each new book. Each one is special in its own way and I love them all for different reasons.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Well I better hurry up and buy books 2 and 3 in the Alex/Fiona series before the book that you start writing for Nano makes it to print. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I think you have time. LOL It'll take me about 5-6 months to get the new one to near perfection. Then we'll go from there and see what we can do about publication. ;)

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I've got enough books at the moment that I haven't read. I'm falling behind on my reading. But then again what's two more to add to my TBR pile.

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I don't even have a TBR list because there's just too many. I'm always finding another one I want to read. I just go with it and get to the next when I have time. The one I'm reading right now is moving so slowly that it's really taking me some time to read it. I like books that move quickly.

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I've told myself since I've now got a house loan I can't buy anymore books that aren't in a series that I've already got. For some reason I don't think that's likely to happen. LOL

hollie
October 26th, 2008, 07:33 PM
thats all i do now Bec anything else i get is in e-book they cost so much less

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
thats all i do now Bec anything else i get is in e-book they cost so much less

I'm starting to buy more and more ebooks now. That's why I need to buy an ebook reader so I can take it away on holidays. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Lots of people seem to be going to the e-books. It is a great way to read without spending so much money, but I just can't do it yet. LOL Maybe one of these days, just not right now.

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Lots of people seem to be going to the e-books. It is a great way to read without spending so much money, but I just can't do it yet. LOL Maybe one of these days, just not right now.

You sound just like me, I'm so reluctant to try it out. How can you truly enjoy a novel if you aren't hold a nice book? But you know, I'm tired of reading all these great novel blurbs and finding out their e-books. Who knows how many great stories I've/we've missed out on because we are so set in our ways? *Sighs* But man, books are so pretty!

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 11:15 AM
LOL I guess I'm old and cantankerous (but don't tell the hubby I said that cause I'll outright deny it!). I barely have time to read the books I already have. Much less to start downloading e-books that would probably sit on my hardrive until the laptop is full. LOL!

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Ooohhh, I just noticed that you're doing NaNo. Are we buddies on there yet? Are you ready????

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Ooohhh, I just noticed that you're doing NaNo. Are we buddies on there yet? Are you ready????

Nope we're not buddies yet, my name is SaturnMoonie (it usually is) and I'm as ready as I'll ever be, now. It's my first year (I'm a NaNo Virgin :giggle:) I just thought of what I was going to write about a lil while ago...

Jenny, recruited at the age of 8 by evil forces to become their queen, lost to them, has now been found after 10 years. Will Jenny succumb to the fate that was laid upon her so many years ago, or will the man that has recently become part of her life save her from the temptation she now faces?

Let's see how this goes.

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM
good luck to both of you it sounds like a lot of work to me

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM
good luck to both of you it sounds like a lot of work to me

Thank you. It sounds like a lot of work to me too :giggle: but since I'm an aspiring author, I figured I should do this. See if I have what it takes to do it.

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Good luck with Nano Saturn. I'm sure it'll be a lot of work but it would be a lot of fun to see what you come up with in one month.

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
We're friends now! LOL

NaNo is a lot of work, but it's fun as well. You never know what you'll come up with when you're given only 30 days to do it. You really have to keep your inner critic at bay as well, because 30 days does not give you time to edit. LOL

It's all about write, write, write. Then you can fix it afterwards.... cause trust me, it will be terrible and require a LOT of editing! LOL

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a challenge, good thing I have a competative streak and like challenges lol. Plus I've made sure a lot of people know I'm doing it, so that'll motivate me more, wouldn't want to look like a fool at the end of the month. :lol:

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I hope you both write the 50000 words by the end of the month. It's going to be one hell of a challenge but I'm sure you can both make it.

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
HugMe Thanks for the support Cookiesmilies (Figured I'd add the cookie smiley since I really am eating a cookie, hehe)

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
After last year's (my first year doing it), I swore I wouldn't put myself through that torment again. Well, looks like I was wrong. LOL Here I am doing it again. I made it with a week to spare last year, so unless something unspeakably horrible happens in my life, I should be perfectly fine. Plus I'll have another winners banner to add to my website. LOL!

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I'm sure you'll make it with a week to spare this time to.

*fingers crossed that nothing unspeakable happens*

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm sure you'll make it with a week to spare this time to.

*fingers crossed that nothing unspeakable happens*

Yes I agree, I'm sure you will. And since you've done it, and know what to expect, you may even finish sooner than last year.

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I hope everyone does well it's a big challenge but i imagine well worth the effort when you have completed

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I hope everyone does well it's a big challenge but i imagine well worth the effort when you have completed

It means that each author has a new book that can be released once they have all the edits done. That would be worth the time and effort to write 50000 words in one month.

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well, there are many who never finish their NaNo book. Then there are those who do finish, but the book never sees the light of day. Then you have the ones who aren't finished with the entire book at 50,000 words. I know one author who started a NaNo book last year, made the 50K goal, but she just this month finished the book... almost a year later!

You just never know what will become of the NaNo books out there. :-)

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Well, there are many who never finish their NaNo book. Then there are those who do finish, but the book never sees the light of day. Then you have the ones who aren't finished with the entire book at 50,000 words. I know one author who started a NaNo book last year, made the 50K goal, but she just this month finished the book... almost a year later!

You just never know what will become of the NaNo books out there. :-)

Wow it must be a long book if she's only just finished.

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I think she said it ended up being around 120,000 words. I prefer quicker reads.

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I think she said it ended up being around 120,000 words. I prefer quicker reads.

Sometimes I do as well. I like reading James Patterson. His chapters are so short! Normally about 3-5 pages long.

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ah, that's true. If the chapters are short then it feels like a quick read. Yeah, I can handle those too. :-)

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm reading Breaking Dawn at the moment - the 4th book of the Twilight series and the chapters are so long. I'm keep saying 'When is this chapter going to end.' LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Man that sucks! I only get to read in spurts, so I hate long chapters. I like to stop at the end of a chapter, not right in the middle of one.

Saturn Moonie
October 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Eh, I can stop wherever. As long as it isn't in the middle of something really good.

CharmedGirl
October 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
You wouldn't want to stop in the middle of anything good. That would wreck the story. LOL

ChristieSilvers
October 30th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'm excited! Tomorrow is the "official" release date for A Twilight Abduction.... BUT, it's on Amazon today! Woohoo! Not only that, but the second edition of A Midnight Infatuation is now available on Amazon as well. Woohoo!

Just thought I'd share since I'm going to be so busy tomorrow I may forget. LOL.

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 01:46 AM
Congrats for tomorrow Christie. I hope you sell lots and lots of copies. I wonder if it's up on the website I buy books from. LOL

rgraham666
October 31st, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm excited! Tomorrow is the "official" release date for A Twilight Abduction.... BUT, it's on Amazon today! Woohoo! Not only that, but the second edition of A Midnight Infatuation is now available on Amazon as well. Woohoo!

Just thought I'd share since I'm going to be so busy tomorrow I may forget. LOL.
Congrats Christie. :)

hollie
October 31st, 2008, 10:56 AM
congratulations Christy

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 03:47 PM
It's not online at the bookstore where I buy my books from yet Christie.

ChristieSilvers
October 31st, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hopefully it will be there soon. Usually Amazon is the first, and then B&N, Books-a-Million, etc. It just trickles its way down through the systems until it's updated. Some stores update sooner than others.

I've already had sells on my website today. Hopefully there have been some on Amazon as well. *fingers crossed*

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 03:57 PM
I might try your website then because I need to get books 2 & 3. It might take a little longer to arrive but who cares. LOL

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
I might try your website then because I need to get books 2 & 3. It might take a little longer to arrive but who cares. LOL

You'll be able to get the books soon Bec. Just settle!

:TroutSlap:

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
I want the books now. I really really loved the first one and I really really want to read the 2nd and 3rd one. But for now I'll have to be satisfied with the 9 books in my TBR pile.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 01:27 AM
It's no wonder you're not going to re-read Twilight now that you've read the final book of the series and with the movie coming out.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM
I will be re-reading Twilight but not until just before the movie is out. It'll give me a refresher on what to expect. Not that the movie will follow the book exactly. LOL

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 02:02 AM
You have to finish Feast of Fools first. As well you'll be getting a special delivery in the post anytime now or so you've been telling me.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 02:14 AM
Feast of Fools is a great book. I'm loving it. Besides I still have to read Underground by Kat Richardson and Bitten to Death by Jennifer Rardin as well as all the ebooks I still haven't read. ROFLMAO!

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 02:42 AM
You've got heaps of ebooks you still haven't read and you're trying to get an ebook reader to put them all on so when you go on holidays you can read them. I'm sure Sony in Brisbane will be getting them soon.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 02:52 AM
I really want an ebook reader. Which reminds me I have to ring Sony and see if they are getting them in otherwise I've decided to get one off ebay.

ChristieSilvers
November 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Hopefully you can get an ebook reader soon. Maybe you can ask Santa! LOL!

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah I did ask Santa or more to the point my fiance. LOL

ChristieSilvers
November 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Have you been a good girl all year? LOL