PDA

View Full Version : Fan. Fiction....

Deesewing
October 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
:stretching1:Hello every one...
I just joined the club...
I just finished reading. (Full moon rising) and it was great...a friend truned me on to them...Cant wait to start the next book.. I read all the sookie stackhouse books.. And yes I do watch the show on HBO...LOVE IT...What I wanted to know is there any fan. fiction site's about Riley, and Of course Quinn..I could read also....
Thanks,Dee

CharmedGirl
October 26th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome Deesewing.

Hope you have fun here at CTR.

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I don't know of any but i'm not really into fan fiction anyway.

astonwest
October 27th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I don't know of any but i'm not really into fan fiction anyway.
Indeed! You can't get it published, so why bother?
:)

hollie
October 27th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Indeed! You can't get it published, so why bother?

I hadn't thought of that.
I know some people think it is a compiment that people spend their time writing fan fiction, but i always thought it was insultive more 'I can do better than you can with your characters than you can' so i don't read it to be loyal to the authors who made the worlds and characters to start with

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome to CTR Deesewing. I hope you have loads of fun here.

I don't know of any fan fiction sites. I'm not really into it. I hope you'll stick around and chit-chat with us though. :)

astonwest
October 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
...i always thought it was insultive more 'I can do better than you can with your characters than you can' so i don't read it to be loyal to the authors who made the worlds and characters to start with
I wouldn't mind a little Aston West fan fiction...would be interesting (assuming it didn't end up like *some* fan fiction seems to).

As long as they didn't try to profit off it...and I didn't have a publisher standing behind me wanting to lay the smack down on those writers. Then, I'd have to step aside and let the lawyers have their way.

I don't read it because I simply don't have the time...

Kim Smith
October 27th, 2008, 10:45 PM
a lady i know online has written some fan fiction and it won an award one time. it was really good, and it made me wonder why in the world she didnt turn that talent toward more "monetary" rewarding writing. she wasnt into writing for profit though. the award was something a friend got her into.