PDA

View Full Version : Just got the book

DavidsGirl841444
October 28th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Oh my god went to the Barnes and Noble and looked all over it was like in a tiny corner in the scifi section took me a while but finally got it yeah going to dive in.:eat:

CharmedGirl
October 28th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I ordered mine and it should arrive early next month. I can't wait to read it. I should also get Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K Hamilton and Shadowkiss by Richelle Mead in that same parcel. But first I've got to finish Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. OMG I have under 100 pages to go to finish it.

hollie
October 29th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I'll get Swallowing Darkness in York but Dani is going to get me Destiny Kills this week when she gets hers I can't wait to read it

CharmedGirl
October 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
We have a bookshop in Brisbane that releases the books the same time America does. So that's where I ordered mine but I have to wait for Swallowing Darkness to arrive so that's why I won't be getting my order till then. LOL

Dani
October 31st, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'll get Swallowing Darkness in York but Dani is going to get me Destiny Kills this week when she gets hers I can't wait to read it
I got our copies and will send it to you after I get you a couple of Aleka's books on Saturday. :biggrin:

Avid Reader
October 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM
I've been really lucky. readingbookfastI've received both Destiny Kills and Swallowing Darkness and I've read them both and I got the new In Death and read that. Now I need something else to read. Got to tell you though all the books were excellent. Destiny Kills is quite different in a good way and I'm looking forward to the next one. Swallowing Darkness is IMO the best one yet and Salvation in Death was just one more in a line of excellent books. I need the next Riley book. Please please hurry. Damn forgot about Midnight's Daughter. That was also an excellent book. Boy I've been keeping the mailmen busy.:winkiss:

CharmedGirl
October 31st, 2008, 11:29 PM
I can't wait to receive Swallowing Darkness. That is the first book I'll be reading when I get it. LOL

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 12:57 AM
Bec loves the name of Laurell J K Hamilton's newest Merry Gentry book. The title Swallowing Darkness is a complete double entendre!

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 01:14 AM
Bec loves the name of Laurell J K Hamilton's newest Merry Gentry book. The title Swallowing Darkness is a complete double entendre!

I love a good double entendre especially when it comes to someone like Doyle (Merry's Darkness). LOL

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 01:23 AM
I'd hate to tell you but Merry would be my favourite.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM
Well I wouldn't expect you to like any of the males Aussie.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 01:47 AM
How come you don't like Galen Bec? He and Merry get along quite well!

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 02:28 AM
How come you don't like Galen Bec? He and Merry get along quite well!

I don't dislike him. He just isn't one of my favourites. I'm sure you'll hear me when these books arrive. I can't wait! I just have to finish Feast of Fools before they arrive in the post either Monday or Tuesday this week.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 02:30 AM
Knowing you Bec you'll be sitting by the postbox tapping your foot impatiently waiting for them to arrive on Monday and Tuesday.

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 03:14 AM
Knowing you Bec you'll be sitting by the postbox tapping your foot impatiently waiting for them to arrive on Monday and Tuesday.

I'll hear the postie when he arrives with the mail. It's being delivered to the house not the postbox.

AussieHeMan
November 1st, 2008, 05:26 AM
I'll hear the postie when he arrives with the mail. It's being delivered to the house not the postbox.

You will definitely know because your guard dog will most likely tear him to shreds.

:TroutSlap:

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
You will definitely know because your guard dog will most likely tear him to shreds.

:TroutSlap:

This is quite funny. The pizza man came in the other night and he didn't even try and bite the poor guy. The dog just wanted the pizza. LOL

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
Anyway it will be Monday in two days and if it doesn't arrive then I will have to wait another day or two which isn't much of a problem.

Kimberly
November 14th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I picked up this one at the supermarket! It took me a few days to get to it, but it was well worth it! Could Trae be any sexier? Yummy!!

CharmedGirl
November 15th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I've finally read Destiny Kills. OMG it was awesome. I love Trae.

MPlaymate
February 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM
i have book but haven't started it yet. i'm jonesing for the next riley book. i just started the seventh Immortal series book. i might take a break and read Destiny Kills and while waiting for the next Riley book!!!

CharmedGirl
February 26th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Destiny Kills is really good. You'll love it MPlaymate.

Dani
March 1st, 2009, 09:50 PM
i have book but haven't started it yet. i'm jonesing for the next riley book. i just started the seventh Immortal series book. i might take a break and read Destiny Kills and while waiting for the next Riley book!!!
You really will like it sweetie! :) I suggest that you read it.

nightlife
April 7th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I just read the book and wow... I really hope there is a book 2

CharmedGirl
April 7th, 2009, 06:18 PM
There is a second book nightlife and I'm pretty sure that Keri has said it will be two new characters not Destiny and Trae.

KeriArthur
April 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
yeah, the next book is called Mercy Burns, and it's about Trae's sister, Mercy. Not sure when it's coming out yet though--the publisher hasn't told me. I suspect it'll be next year sometime.

Dani
April 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I wish it would be soon. I really loved Destiny Kills and can't wait to read the next book. Will we see or hear about Destiny and Trae in the next book?

CharmedGirl
April 12th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I wish it would be soon. I really loved Destiny Kills and can't wait to read the next book. Will we see or hear about Destiny and Trae in the next book?

Me too Dani. I loved Destiny Kills.

I'm pretty sure Keri mentioned in one of the threads that Destiny and Trae will be in the next book but not for very long if my memory serves me correctly. LOL

KeriArthur
April 12th, 2009, 06:56 AM
They're in it briefly at the end--Destiny's very pregnant :)

DavidsGirl841444
April 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I bet that make a happy couple even happier babies

Dani
April 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
They're in it briefly at the end--Destiny's very pregnant :)
Yay, a baby!! That's very cool.

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
April 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Woohoo!!! I finished it last night! Totally awesome to hear that! They deserve some happiness after everything they've gone through together in DK!

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
April 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
I totally love Destiny & Trae. Well done, Keri! So there's prolly going to be a LI for Mercy who will make her burn with heat n passion?

smilies/beer1.gifsmilies/cloud9.gif:smilingsun::whistle::whistilin::thankyo u::winkiss::M_Mbrown:

KeriArthur
May 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I totally love Destiny & Trae. Well done, Keri! So there's prolly going to be a LI for Mercy who will make her burn with heat n passion?

or it could be a reference to the fact that she's a dragon and tends to burn things... :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
May 2nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Yay, a baby!! That's very cool.

It's great huh. I'm happy for Destiny. She deserves all the happiness in the world considering how she started in Destiny Kills with finding herself beside a dead body.

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
May 3rd, 2009, 06:57 AM
Ever since finishing the book, I've been wondering what the name of the baby will be, and if it's a he or she. ;)

MPlaymate
May 6th, 2009, 08:34 PM
that's why writer's write to keep us on the cliff of our seats!!!!!!!

KeriArthur
May 10th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Ever since finishing the book, I've been wondering what the name of the baby will be, and if it's a he or she. ;)

I actually partially answer this in Destiny Kills--page 315, I think. Trae tells Destiny his mum thinks it's twins--a boy born of water, and a girl born of sun.

mum's right :)

hollie
May 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks Keri :huepfen017:

Dani
May 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that now. Duh! I think the fog I've been in for the last week has been hiding out in my head since the last time I was sick and was only letting me remember certain things cause I've forgotten other things too. LMAO!

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
May 13th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Now why had I totally forgotten that? Twirling

Kim Smith
May 13th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Sounds 'licious :)

Dani
May 14th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Now why had I totally forgotten that? Twirling
Because you've been talking to me? I sent my brain fog to you via the internet. Laugh it Up fuzball