PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Has anyone read this series?

I have and I absolutely love it. I love reading what trouble Rose Hathaway gets herself into.

The first book is Vampire Academy.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/Vampire-Academy-Cover.jpg

Here's a rundown of the book according to Amazon.com

After two years on the run, best friends Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy. Up until then, Rose had kept Lissa safe from her enemies; school, however, brings both girls additional challenges and responsibilities. How they handle peer pressure, nasty gossip, new relationships, and anonymous threats may mean life or death. Likable narrator Rose hides doubts about her friend behind a tough exterior; orphan Lissa, while coping with difficult emotional issues such as depression and survivor's guilt, uses her emerging gifts for good.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:24 PM
The second book is Frostbite.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/frostbite.jpg

Here's a rundown of the book according to Amazon.com

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose…

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if handto- hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks….This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price…

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM
The third book is Shadowkiss. It has been just recently released. I've just started reading the book and so far so good.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/SK-Cover.jpg

Here's a rundown of the book from Richelle Mead's website.

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all...might be seeing ghosts. As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line--and choose between the two people she loves most.

ashes23
November 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I thought the 3rd book wasn't coming out until December. I was jumping for joy when I saw it in the bookstore.

Kim Smith
November 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Another steller sounding series! I am soooo far behind in reading!

CharmedGirl
November 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I thought the 3rd book wasn't coming out until December. I was jumping for joy when I saw it in the bookstore.

Yeah I got the book the day it came out. I went down to the bookstore that releases them the same day they come out in the States.

Have you read it yet Amy?

ashes23
November 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah I got the book the day it came out. I went down to the bookstore that releases them the same day they come out in the States.

Have you read it yet Amy?

I'm about halfway through. Darn work is interferring with my reading time. LOL So far I like it ok. Did you like it?

CharmedGirl
November 19th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I'm about halfway through. Darn work is interferring with my reading time. LOL So far I like it ok. Did you like it?

I loved the book but was devastated towards the end. I'm sure you'll read why soon enough.:tear:

CharmedGirl
February 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Richelle Mead has got the fourth book named now and it's called Blood Promise. It will be out Fall 2009. I'm excited to see what the future holds for Rose.

CharmedGirl
September 10th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Has anyone read the fourth book of this series yet? And if you have what did you think of it?

CharmedGirl
November 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
I can't wait until book 5 now which will be called Spirit Bound. Especially to see what Dimitri does when it comes to Rose.

CharmedGirl
April 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Well the newest book in this series will be released on the 18th of May. Can't wait. This is what it's all about!

Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong…
After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.

And here's the cover:

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=1034

You can also read the first chapter here now that it's been posted online.

http://www.richellemead.com/excerpt/excerpt11.htm (http://www.richellemead.com/excerpt/excerpt11.htm)

Dani
April 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I have these books to read. I might start them after I finish the House of Night books that I have. I'm reading two books at a time (one small that can fit in my purse and one large...LOL) right now to try to get my TBR pile down and they are on it.

CharmedGirl
April 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
They're great books Dani. I'm just reading the third one again.