PDA

View Full Version : House of Night series by PC Cast & Kristin Cast

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Has anyone read this series?

One minute Zoey Redbird is an ordinary girl the next she finds herself on the path to becoming a vampire.

The first book is called Marked.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/marked.jpg

What the book is about from Fantasticfiction.co.uk:

The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres have always existed.In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire--that is, if she makes it through the Change.Not all of those who are chosen do.It's tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling.She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx.But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers.When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:51 PM
The second book is Betrayed. This book was a turning point for Zoey. She learned someone close to her wasn't who she thought they were but I'm not going to tell you who! In this book she is very popular with men having three boyfriends. LOL

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/betrayed.jpg

What the book is about from Fantasticfiction.co.uk:

Fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night. She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampire goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs - like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend...or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM
The third book is Chosen. Another interesting development in this book. At the end Zoey finds herself cut off from everyone - her friends, her family. Her future looks very bleak with no one by her side. I wonder how she'll cope!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/chosen.jpg

What this book is about from Fantasticfiction.co.uk:

Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird's adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey's mettle will be tested like never before. Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity. Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little bloodlust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn't get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey's horrid step-father in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth…

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM
The fourth book is Untamed. I haven't read this book yet because I don't have it. I'm sure it'll be just as great as the first three. I love the cover of this book. Her tattoo is totally cool!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/untamed.jpg

Rundown of the story from Fantasticfiction.co.uk:

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird - she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?� Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Last but not least. The fifth book is Hunted. Unfortunately it's not released until March 2009.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/hunted.jpg

Rundown of the story from Fantasticfiction.co.uk:

The good news: Zoey's friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren't Neferet's secrets any longer. The bad news: Ancient evil with the face of an angel has been let loose - that and various other nasties (whose faces aren't so angelic). Grandma Redbird is in trouble. Heath is in trouble. The House of Night is in trouble. Okay, let's face it - Zoey's whole world is in trouble! But when the trouble comes from a being who appears to be beauty personified, will the world believe it? Especially when only a teenager and a group of misfits are the only ones who really understand the danger he brings. Will Zoey have the strength and wisdom to reveal the truth?

hollie
November 12th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Are these teen books Bec?

CharmedGirl
November 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah. Her friends are totally weird. One of them is gay, two of them think they're twins but they're not. They couldn't be more different as in skin colour, but they act the same that's why they call themselves twins. LOL

ashes23
November 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I love them. Since I live a few hours from Tulsa and Broken Arrow, and been there several times, I can picture it so well. I've been meaning to do some research on the Native American angle, to see how close she is. I'm guessing though she did some good research first.

Kim Smith
November 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
This series sounds fabulous! thanks for sharing!

NatalyDoris
January 4th, 2010, 12:33 AM
This series is awesome, I love it more than New Moon *gasp* did I just say that. P.C Cast keeps you on the edge of your seat and I do believe there are talks about a movie

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I love this series, but even though it's listed as YA, I definitely wouldn't let anyone under 16 read it. Some of the scenes are pretty risque for YA. But the story is awesome, and I've done both audio and kindle with these books and have thoroughly enjoyed them! To me, they are more adult books with kids as the focus. LOL.

CharmedGirl
January 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I agree with you Teresa about the age thing. I can't wait until the next book called Burned. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Zoe after how the last book ended.

Dani
January 10th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I'm reading Betrayed now (well when I can anyway) and so far so good!

Irishlilt-quinn'shot
March 31st, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'm reading Betrayed now (well when I can anyway) and so far so good!
gdgd.
Ive read up 2 tempted. thats the last one for the moment anyway until burned comes out.
u can get on the official website via this link:
http://www.houseofnightseries.com/
then theres the forums:
http://houseofnight.niceboard.net/
where u can discuss things. im a member!
I think that Loren is an a**hole in many ways. if ur past that bit, ull no what im on about. if not. SPOLIER! just keep reading to find out.

CharmedGirl
March 31st, 2010, 10:40 PM
I can't wait until Burned is released. Especially after what happened in previous books.

Dani
April 12th, 2010, 02:45 PM
gdgd.
Ive read up 2 tempted. thats the last one for the moment anyway until burned comes out.
u can get on the official website via this link:
http://www.houseofnightseries.com/
then theres the forums:
http://houseofnight.niceboard.net/
where u can discuss things. im a member!
I think that Loren is an a**hole in many ways. if ur past that bit, ull no what im on about. if not. SPOLIER! just keep reading to find out.
I'm reading Chosen now and I'm liking it so far. I've gotten past Loren giving her diamond earrings and inviting her to his room. I'm on page 126 currently. Zoey is getting Stevie-Rae to follow her to Aphrodite's place. It's an interesting twist of fate that's happening now. I'll be finishing it later today or tomorrow (depending on what's going on).

hollie
April 12th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I haven't read any of them but i have bought some of them for Jodie she likes the ones she read

CharmedGirl
April 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah. They are great books.