PDA

View Full Version : Drake sister series by Christine Feehan

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Has anyone read this series?

I have loved these books. I've read them at least three times. The Drake sisters are really interesting. Each sister has their own abilities and each book is from the view of one sister and each finding love while using their powers to protect the people they love.

The first story is about Sarah - the oldest sister who is a security expert and she takes her job very seriously. She meets Damon, a man with a tragic past and it opens the way of the Drake history. When the gates open for a man, that sister will fall happily in love and marry. Her six other sisters are not to happy that she's found someone because they know what's in store for them in the future. They all believe finding a man to be a curse.

The first book is Magic in the Wind. It's a relatively short story under 200 pages.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/magicinthewind.jpg

What the book is all about (from Christine's website):

"Sarah's coming home." Ever since Damon Wilder sought refuge in Sea Haven, he's heard the same breathless rumor pass the lips of nearly every local in the sleepy coastal town. Even the wind seems to whisper her name - a reverie so powerfully suggestive that it carries the curious Damon to Sarah's clifftop home, and seeks to shelter him there.
But Damon has not arrived alone. Two men have tracked him to Sea Haven, and into the shadows of Drake House, where Sarah hides her own secrets. And danger- as well as a desire more urgent than either has ever known- is just a whisper away...

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM
The second book of the series follows the story of Kate Drake, the second oldest Drake sister. She is a best selling crime novelist that has come back to her hometown to settle down. She runs into an old friend Matt Granite and they fall madly in love even though an evil from a time long past is after her.

The book is called The Twilight Before Christmas.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/twilight-1.jpg

Bestselling novelist Kate Drake is one of seven sisters gifted with amazing powers of witchcraft. Returning home in time for her northern California town's annual Christmas pageant, Kate catches the spirit of the season and decides to open a bookstore in a charming but run-down historic mill. Decorated former U.S. Army Ranger Matt Granite, now a local contractor, doesn't mind working in the undeniably eerie house-not if it means getting closer to Kate. There's something about the quiet, sensual woman that powerfully attracts him.

When an earthquake cracks the mill's foundation and reveals a burial crypt, Kate senses that a centuries-old evil has been unleashed…and that it's coming after her. Though Matt vows to guard her from dusk till dawn, Kate knows she will have to summon all of her and her sisters' powers to battle the darkness threatening to destroy both Christmas and the gift of soul-searing passion her hometown hero wants her to keep forever…

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:20 PM
The third story is from Abgail Drake's point of view. She is the third sister in the magical line of this generation of Drakes. She hates the power she wields. If she says Truth, the people around her are forced to tell the truth. It can get very scary for her. Abigail is a marine biologist and loves to swim in the sea among the whales and dolphins.

The book is called Oceans of Fire. Abigail falls for a man from her past who once broke her heart. Now that man, Alexsandr is back and more than willing to prove she means everything to him.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/oceans.jpg

What it is all about (from Christine's website):

Now, she tells the story of Abigail Drake, of the magical Drake sisters — seven elementally gifted sisters, and their prophecy of love…
As the third daughter in a magical bloodline, Abigail Drake was born with a mystical affinity for water, and possessed a particularly strong bond with dolphins. She spent her entire life studying them, learning from them, and swimming among them in the waters off her hometown of Sea Haven … Until the day Abby witnessed a cold-blooded murder on shore, and found herself fleeing for her life — right into the arms of Aleksandr Volstov. He’s an Interpol agent on the trail of stolen Russian antiquities, a relentless man who gets what he goes after — and the man who broke Abby’s heart. But he isn’t going to let the only woman he ever loved be placed in harm’s way — or slip away from his embrace…

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:24 PM
The fourth book of the magical Drake sister series is all about Doctor Libby Drake. Her ability to heal plays a heavy toll on her whenever she heals someone who is sick.

This book is called Dangerous Tides and Libby falls in love with Ty Derrick when she saves the brilliant man's life after a tragic accident that could have killed him.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/dangeroustides.jpg

What the book is about (from Christine's website):

Now she introduces Libby Drake, of the magical Drake sisters—each mysterious, gifted, and enchanted by prophecies of love…
Dr. Libby Drake is sensible and practical. To her more adventurous sisters, she’s always been the “good girl”. Certainly not the kind to attract the attention of a genius like Ty Derrick—until a tragic accident leaves the handsome biochemist at her mercy.
Acting on her uncanny ability to heal, she stirs in the reawakened Ty his own long-suppressed desires for the woman who saved his life. But he’s not the only man with designs on Libby Drake. Her miraculous and selfless power has also captured the attention of a dangerously influential admirer. He’s pursuing the elementally gifted beauty for his own wicked purpose. And he’s willing to go to deadly lengths to make it happen.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:27 PM
The fifth book follows the story of Hannah Drake - the shy sister who always stutters but travels the world making a living as a model. She has amazing powers and always manages to tick off the sheriff of her hometown - Jonas Harrington. I absolutely loved this book and cried several times when reading it.

This book is called Safe Harbor. You'll understand the title when you read the book. Jonas really is Hannah's Safe Harbor even though he's always teasing her.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/safeharbor.jpg

One of seven daughters in a line of extraordinary women, Hannah Drake has been the elusive object of affection for Jonas Harrington for as long as the young man can remember. If only the stunning super-model was driven by a passion other than her career. But Jonas isn’t the only one with desires for Hannah.
From the shadows has emerged a vengeful figure who stalks the beauty with one terrifying purpose: to strip her of all she is and destroy her. Only one man was destined as her protection. Now, out of a storm of danger, Jonas must guide the woman he loves from a sinister darkness that threatens not only Hannah, but the entire Drake family.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:32 PM
The sixth book is the story of Joley Drake. She is a rockstar! Travelling around the world singing with her amazing voice. She is another sister who has amazing powers.

This book is called Turbulent Seas and Joley falls for Ilya Prakenskii, a russian not afraid to use his own magic to get what he wants and what he wants is Joley. They have a very interesting relationship from when Joley meets him in Oceans of Fire.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/CoolCharmGirl/turseas.jpg

The star: Joley Drake was born with a legacy of unexpected magical gifts, but it was the gift of singing that made her an overnight sensation—a rock and roll goddess trapped by fame, fortune, and ambition. Heated by the flush of success, Joley could have any man she wanted. But there’s only man who can give her what she really needs.
The bodyguard: Ilya Prakenskii, cool, inscrutable, dangerously sexy, and working in the shadow of his infamous reputation—that of a secret Russian hit man on the payroll of a notorious mobster. He’s the last man Joley should get close to, yet when her life is threatened on tour she has nowhere left to turn. But in the seductive safe keep of Ilya’s embrace, is Joley really as secure as she imagines?

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2008, 11:36 PM
The seventh and I'm guessing final book because there are only seven sisters is all about Elle Drake - the youngest and most extraordinary sister. She is destined to produce the next generation of Drakes.

The book is called Hidden Currents and will not be released until June 30, 2009. There is no picture of the cover up yet but when it is I'll be sure to put it up in this thread.

Elle Drake has gone missing. She’s a strong telepath and even her six magical sisters cannot find her, although they all agree she is alive. Something terrible has happened or she would have contacted them and let them know where she is. Jackson Deveau, a deputy sheriff in the small village of Sea Haven, off the northern California coast, has known that Elle is destined for him. When she disappears, he gathers with his friends, Jonas Harrington and Ilya Prakenskii, and Elle’s sisters to find her and bring her safely home. But Sea Haven is no longer safe for any of them and it takes every bit of strength the combination of all the Drakes and their men to survive the coming storm.

hollie
November 12th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I haven't read these books but I love her Carpathians so i'll get to these one day as well

CharmedGirl
November 12th, 2008, 06:12 PM
These books are great Hollie. You'll really enjoy them. Ilya Prakenskii the man that Joley ends up with is totally awesome. Him and Joley are my favourite couple of the series.