PDA

View Full Version : Craft Fairs

lcsamano
February 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Does anyone use their hobby as a way to make money? My mom and I have done a few craft fairs in our area. We don't make alot of money but it gives us time to spend together and do things that we enjoy doing.

ladybecklyn
March 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I make jewelry and sell it at 3 different craft fairs starting in October and ending in December. I have a website where I sell jewelry but it is not up right now.

readingisfun
April 3rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
I make book thongs and yes I sell them.

If anyone is interested in seeing them and reading more info about it visit me on my blog at http://www.readingissomuchfun.blogspot.com/

ladybecklyn
April 5th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Nice thongs, I make something similar but do not have them available on the web. They sell really well at the craft fairs, especially during the Christmas season, great for an extra stocking stuffer.

ViolaGrace
June 1st, 2007, 09:30 PM
Yep, every August I start making pins out of polymer clay to sell at craft fairs in the autumn and winter.
I make penguins, snowmen, angels, candy canes, santas, naked santas, dragons, flasher snowmen, and a few others. I turn the clay into matching earrings for most of them.
I make my fortune $3 at a time, but never lack for customers and always make my table fees back.
I have been doing it for about 8 years now, and really enjoy it. Meeting new people and having them 'ooohhh and awwwww' over your stuff is great. Then there are the groupies that follow you from sale to sale. They are fun to. :)

lucky_pinay
June 17th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I make soap so I sell it to friends and family to make some money, I also use it myself so I actually save some money instead of buying it on the grocery

Nicole Gestalt
June 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Since my hobby is also my job the answer is yes. Although when I go to craft fairs I also try and make a variety of things. I love playing with polymer clay and so over the past year I've been selling a lot more of them - I use it in all sorts of ways from making beads out of it to little hanging decorations. I also sell cards at craft fairs and they always sell really well.

Craft Fair's are hard work and you have to work out the pricing for each one as they are totally different in how much people will pay for things. But they are great fun, just be careful you don't spend all of what you make on the other stalls (I have to be held back from doing that!)

luv2read
June 18th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I do christmas craft fairs. I usually make candles, Christmas trees made out of hangers and tinsel. Dishtowels are also a great thing to make.

jadxiadax
June 19th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I do at a harvest festival at my college. I sell soap, lavender wands, dream pillows, beaded jewerly, aromatic bookmarks, and sugar & spice pecans. Hey I am multi-talented!! I also do cross stitch but that is on a case by case basis.

Jax

lucky_pinay
June 23rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Wow, I envy you guys, I wish I had the patience to do crafts but I find it kinda time consuming. I prefer to buy things on the mall that are mass produced