PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to December! What are you up to?

ChristieSilvers
December 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Ooohhh, I'm soooo glad that December has finally arrived! I finished NaNoWriMo on Thanksgiving last week, after being struck with the flu. UGH! I'm so glad it's over. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Gosh, can you even believe that this is the last month of 2008? The year seems to have flown by at warp speed. smilies/aah.gif

This week I'm just kind of kicking around the house. Right now I'm making pizza dough in the bread machine for this evening. Tim and the girls love that stuff. Then I'll make some dinner rolls to go in the freezer since I used up my stash for Thanksgiving last week. :eat:

This evening I need to take pics of the girls for our Christmas cards. Hopefully they will cooperate. :biggrin:

So what are you guys up to this week?

Catherine Bybee
December 2nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I really need to get started on Christmas. I knew it was going to sneek up on me and here it is doing just that.

My cards are done. And I hand make mine every year, so this is a huge ordeal. grin

Dani
December 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'm finally getting over being sick for the last month. I hate being sick.

I have to help my mom decorate a Christmas tree in a Disney theme for an auction for the church. I still need to do some Christmas shopping and get my son's pic taken for our Christmas cards and I'm praying that he'll let me (he's into that I don't want to do that teen stage). If I can't get him to do so, then that means regular cards (so not looking forward to that). Other than those things I don't have much to do unless mom and dad decided to send me shopping for their gifts to each other. Yikes!! Actually, it's not so bad cause I get to shop at the mall (Oooooooh, the mall Laugh it Up fuzball).

It's nice to see someone is crafty with their Christmas cards Catherine. Where do you find the time? My mom's friend makes her own cards too (one she sent had this beautifully stitched swan on it) and it's sick how pretty they are. She could make a mint off of them. Seriously! If I can find the card with the swan, I'll take a pic of it and post it.

Catherine Bybee
December 2nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm finally getting over being sick for the last month. I hate being sick.

I have to help my mom decorate a Christmas tree in a Disney theme for an auction for the church. I still need to do some Christmas shopping and get my son's pic taken for our Christmas cards and I'm praying that he'll let me (he's into that I don't want to do that teen stage). If I can't get him to do so, then that means regular cards (so not looking forward to that). Other than those things I don't have much to do unless mom and dad decided to send me shopping for their gifts to each other. Yikes!! Actually, it's not so bad cause I get to shop at the mall (Oooooooh, the mall Laugh it Up fuzball).

It's nice to see someone is crafty with their Christmas cards Catherine. Where do you find the time? My mom's friend makes her own cards too (one she sent had this beautifully stitched swan on it) and it's sick how pretty they are. She could make a mint off of them. Seriously! If I can find the card with the swan, I'll take a pic of it and post it.

Sorry Dani, no swans. I've made my own Christmas cards long before it became trendy. Dare I tell you... 15 plus years. I've not bought a birthday card in that amount of time either.

Dani
December 2nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sorry Dani, no swans. I've made my own Christmas cards long before it became trendy. Dare I tell you... 15 plus years. I've not bought a birthday card in that amount of time either.
Damn, 15 years. I couldn't do. I'm not that crafty with out pictures, so that's why I cross stitch (or used to).

Catherine Bybee
December 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Damn, 15 years. I couldn't do. I'm not that crafty with out pictures, so that's why I cross stitch (or used to).

see now... I can't cross stitch. I need to see the end results sooner than that hobby allows.

ChristieSilvers
December 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Yay on getting the cards done, Catherine! I'd never have the patience to make my own.

Luckily the girls cooperated enough for me to get two good pics (out of like 20). Now I just gotta decorate it and upload it.

So glad you're feeling better, Dani!

Catherine Bybee
December 2nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
I put up samples of the cards I send. In my album here. Take a look.

Dani
December 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
see now... I can't cross stitch. I need to see the end results sooner than that hobby allows.
I love watching it come together. Although, it can get a little monotonous at times when you're working a big one color area (like my dragon...pics coming soon in album), but I love it anyway.

Yay on getting the cards done, Catherine! I'd never have the patience to make my own.

Luckily the girls cooperated enough for me to get two good pics (out of like 20). Now I just gotta decorate it and upload it.

So glad you're feeling better, Dani!
Thanks Christie, me too. Having my chest burn while I coughed was not my idea of fun.

I still have to get Colin to sit still and look nice and he's wanting to chase the cats. He's even got the dog slightly amped up from all the running around.

Catherine Bybee
December 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hey Dani... How did you get your signature to look so awesome?

ChristieSilvers
December 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Oh wow, Catherine. Those are just beautiful and so professional! You do gorgeous work.

Kim Smith
December 2nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evenin' ladies :)
Just wanted to pop in and tell you all how much fun I am having being a part of this site! I hope my December is filled with more of the same :)

I would love to know also how Dani got such a fabulous sig line.

sabby07
December 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Christie,
I feel for you! I had the flu in October it was HORRIBLE!!! I still have to get the kids pics for our christmas card ugh. My kids still haven't nailed down something that they want for christmas, Well my 3 year old wants just about everything.

Catherine Bybee
December 2nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Oh wow, Catherine. Those are just beautiful and so professional! You do gorgeous work.

Thanks, Christie. I love doing it. My family would protest if I sent a store bought card.

ChristieSilvers
December 3rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Sabrina, my 3 yr old wants everything she sees too. LOL! Of course she's out of luck cause I'm done shopping for her.

Luckily I just need to buy something for my mom and my shopping is done. I have no idea WHAT to buy her though. LOL

Catherine, I bet your family loves your cards. They'd probably think you were on death's doorstep if you sent store cards after so many years. LOL

Catherine Bybee
December 3rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
They are spoiled with them. hehe.

ChristieSilvers
December 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well, the kids did pretty well yesterday for their holiday picture. Here's my favorite one.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/Family/100_1063-1.gif

Catherine Bybee
December 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Too cute! Well done, mom!

ChristieSilvers
December 3rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks! It took 20 minutes, lots of pics, and several "sit up straight" comments. LOL!

Dani
December 7th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Hey Dani... How did you get your signature to look so awesome?

Evenin' ladies :)
Just wanted to pop in and tell you all how much fun I am having being a part of this site! I hope my December is filled with more of the same :)

I would love to know also how Dani got such a fabulous sig line.
Okay ladies, the big secret is... I had Karenne make it for me because I loved hers. She offered and I couldn't refuse an offer that good! LOL! I wubs her very much for it too.

Well, the kids did pretty well yesterday for their holiday picture. Here's my favorite one.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/Family/100_1063-1.gif
That is a beautiful picture of the girls Christie! All three of them are so pretty and your middle daughter looks just like you. At least I think so. :biggrin:

Catherine Bybee
December 7th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the info. And yes, Karenne's is lovely too. I still want to know the trick. hint, hint...

Dani
December 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Beg, plead and cry if you have to, but with her being busy you'd have a better shot of me making you something (if I can). I told her that I loved her signature and she told me to pick out a picture and a color and she's put it together for me, but then again she loves me a lot too! *snickers*

ChristieSilvers
December 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
LOL! I have a friend who loves me that much too. She makes me all kinds of goodies. Some are rather risque, so I don't use them in many places. But I love all she makes. I might have to share sometime.

Here's one of my favorites.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/MisMade/ristieKGarveySnowyXmasCweation-vi.gif

Dani
December 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I love that Christie!

Marisa Chenery (she has an author corner here) made me one that I love. I used it as my signature before too. I have to get PSP still so I can play with the tutorials she has in her group. Right now all I have is Adobe Photoshop which is good too, but I have to figure out all I can do with it. I have a couple of tags that I made in my album here. They're just fine for me, but I want to up my abilities and learn to do more with it.

Here's the one that Marisa made for me.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/FrenchKissDani.gif

hollie
December 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
how did i miss this thread ok so i've not really been on the planet much the last few weeks but i'm sure i poped in most days??? didn't i??

oh well Christy your kids look lovely
as soon as i get the photo back i had done of the kids i'll post it

Your Sig is pretty Dani Karenne really is clever with stuff like that maybe she'll teach us one day

Dani
December 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM
how did i miss this thread ok so i've not really been on the planet much the last few weeks but i'm sure i poped in most days??? didn't i??

oh well Christy your kids look lovely
as soon as i get the photo back i had done of the kids i'll post it

Your Sig is pretty Dani Karenne really is clever with stuff like that maybe she'll teach us one day
I feel that way somedays Hollie, so don't worry about missing things. LOL!

Yes, Karenne is really clever and I don't think she gets told that enough. Maybe she will teach us one day when she's not busy. Like that will EVER happen (we can dream though). LOL!

hollie
December 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
no i agree we do take her for granted alot but she knows we still love her :wub: :lovepounce:

Catherine Bybee
December 7th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'll show love... lots of love. I'd love to know how to make these things. Is there a program?

Dani
December 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
PSP (Paint Shot Pro) is a great way to make these things. If you've heard people refer to tubes then you've heard about some of the things that make the tags. My Adobe Photoshop can do some of these things too. I just have to see if Marisa has some tutorials for those maybe.

ChristieSilvers
December 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Yes, we all love Karenne! I wish she had more time to come chat with us.

I'm glad you liked the siggy image I shared. Here's another from my same friend (who's also the cover designer for my three Alex & Fiona books).

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/my3girlsandi/MisMade/eAMonasterioSnowySceneCweation-vi.gif

Dani
December 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
That's what I want to learn how to do more of. I can only do basic things at this point. lol

hollie
December 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
we have photoshop as well i really need to learn how to use it

ChristieSilvers
December 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM
My friend is the owner of the image licensing company, Mistaken Art (http://www.mistakenart.com). There are a few Yahoo groups that she runs from there. You might be ableto find tutorials and chat with people who know how to do that stuff. She's tried to teach me a little here and there, but it's just not something I'm really into doing.

Of course I love it when she makes me new goodies, but I don't want to learn to make them myself. LOL!!

hollie
December 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Jojo makes mine so i'm sort of lazy i can just sort of hint i want a new one and the next time she wants something she'll make me a new one Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
December 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I can only do basic stuff when making sigs as well. I've made a couple of new ones lately but they aren't that great. LOL