PDA

View Full Version : Follow me at Twitter! Its fun!!

Samantha Lucas
December 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Okay, I was really skeptical about twitter when my friend Pete twisted my arm into signing up, but now I find it the one place I really get hooked on. lol

It's just so easy to update both readers and friends to what's going on in my life and where I'm at from moment to moment. So here's my Twitter link http://twitter.com/Samantha_Lucas I'd love it if you followed me. ;)

Kim Smith
December 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I just started following you :) here is my link if you want to do the same...http://www.twitter.com/mkimsmith

Samantha Lucas
December 9th, 2008, 12:37 AM
YAY! I'd just checked my email and saw you were following and I added you to my followingers. lol :)

Dani
December 9th, 2008, 01:16 AM
You are the third person that I've heard of being on this Samantha. I looked at it, but I hardly every blog or update people to what I'm doing, so I didn't see the need to get on there, but maybe I should. I'll keep thinking about it. LOL!

Kim Smith
December 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Which leads me to a question I have been turning over in my head. Does anyone ever read blogs anymore? I have several and want to know if any of the blogs I write, (and it takes a ton of time to do this) is getting hits. I want to streamline my efforts to promote and need to know that being a member of authors loops, forums, bebo, blogger, editred, facebook,gather,hi5,journalspace,livejournal, myspace, ning groups, redroom, squidoo, twitter, and writers cafe, is a good idea. I post in every one of them pretty much every day. It's amazing that I get anything done at my day job, or in my homelife.

Karenne
December 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I am a big blog reader, but I follow tons of them to keep up with the industry news. I have a blog 'collector' that updates through out the day.

What you could do is set up one blog and then set up widgets of your blog feed that will allow the information you just posted to one blog to appear in several different places. That way you make sure that no matter where your readers are, they will see the information you want to share without posting to every single thing.

Samantha Lucas
December 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM
WOW! I'm impressed at your dedication Kim!

I've streamlined all my online activities down to the blog, here and twitter. I just couldn't keep up with the rest anymore.

And Dani, I didn't think I'd use twitter either, but the fun thing is once you get on there and get to following a few people, it's just like a quick check in throughout the day. Like I usually post where we're at each night, I'll post any promo stuff I've got and sometimes just a quick, oooh it's snowing. LOL

Anything goes so long as it's less then 140 characters!

It's good for keeping in touch with friends and family too, like Kevin, he's not really active on twitter, but he has my tweets sent to his phone, so he always knows wat's going on with me. :) He's sweet.

Karenne
December 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
By the way, I understand Facebook is about to purchase twitter....that was in the newspaper. They are in negotiations

(off to get more coffee)

Samantha Lucas
December 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I am a big blog reader, but I follow tons of them to keep up with the industry news. I have a blog 'collector' that updates through out the day.

What you could do is set up one blog and then set up widgets of your blog feed that will allow the information you just posted to one blog to appear in several different places. That way you make sure that no matter where your readers are, they will see the information you want to share without posting to every single thing.

That's great advice Karenne! I appreciated it and I wasn't even looking for any. lol Thanks :)

Karenne
December 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
oops sorry! I was in 'mommy mode' :wacko:

Kim Smith
December 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I feel a little technologically challenged at the moment... I still do not understand how to set up a "feed". I allow some of my posts in some places to be updated in others, like if I blog over at LJ it goes to my facebook. Thanks for weighing in Karenne. Hmm.. if Facebook buys Twitter, and I post at livejournal and it updates at facebook will that translate to an update to twitter too? tune in tomorrow...

Samantha Lucas
December 10th, 2008, 12:38 AM
oops sorry! I was in 'mommy mode' :wacko:

Awwwww that works for me, I'm mommyless :(

Samantha Lucas
December 10th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I feel a little technologically challenged at the moment... I still do not understand how to set up a "feed". I allow some of my posts in some places to be updated in others, like if I blog over at LJ it goes to my facebook. Thanks for weighing in Karenne. Hmm.. if Facebook buys Twitter, and I post at livejournal and it updates at facebook will that translate to an update to twitter too? tune in tomorrow...

I think I'm dizzy now. lmao

I've done the feed thing a couple times, but it's been at places that had an easy set up for it, otherwise, I'm lost. :dizzy:

Kim Smith
December 10th, 2008, 08:27 AM
well drat. i thought i posted in here yesterday. musta gone into cyber space. i didn't know about the facebook/twitter deal. rofl. does that mean that if i post to my livejournal and it updates my facebook, then my facebook will tweet my twitter?

Samantha Lucas
December 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM
You did post, I quoted it...wonder if I screwed it up when I quoted it? hmmmm :err:

Kim Smith
December 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAH! sorry yall. i told you i was a techy-challenged girl!

Samantha Lucas
December 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
LOL Join the club!