PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Movies - Which Ones Do You Like?

Elizabeth Black
December 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/leslysoliscebreros/christmas.jpg

I don't like most holiday movies because I think they are too saccharine. Yeccchh!! But there are a few that I like.

I'm watching "A Christmas Story" right now. Put it on so I can have some background noise while working on sex toys descriptions. After seeing it for the first time, I wanted a Red Rider 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!!

I also like "The Polar Express", "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", and "A Charlie Brown Christmas." The other holiday movies? Fuggetaboutit!!!

There is one very special movie, though. I love "Dead End". It's a horror movie with a Christmas theme. This family is driving to her mom's for Christmas dinner, and they bicker, bitch, and moan the whole way up. Dad takes a shortcut and almost falls asleep at the wheel. Then, slowly, one by one, everyone in the car get killed! It's the perfect holiday movie for me (next to another one I like - "Gremlins".), because this family has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. And dad is played by Ray Wise, who plays the Devil in "Reaper". Funny and snarky holiday movie!!! It's our traditional Christmas movie. We watch it every Christmas day.

So... what holiday movies do you like? Which ones do you hate? And why?

Lizzie

:reindeer12:

Jennifer Shirk
December 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I love A Christmas Story and Polar Express, too. Oh, and A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life.

My hubby makes me watch Christmas Vacation, which I now like. :ph34r:

I also like While You Were Sleeping. It's not exactly a Christmas movie, but it does take place during the holidays. :biggrin:

Elizabeth Black
December 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I think I saw While You Were Sleeping a long time ago, but I don't remember much of it.

Aliaster Sim in A Christmas Carol is another good one I forgot to mention.

rebelheart
December 16th, 2008, 07:08 PM
One movie that we fondly refer to as "my Christmas movie" because I'll watch it several times each year, especially at Christmas and it takes place during this season is . . . . . .
. . ..no, it's not what you're expecting . . .it's . . .

:gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Julie

Elizabeth Black
December 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
One movie that we fondly refer to as "my Christmas movie" because I'll watch it several times each year, especially at Christmas and it takes place during this season is . . . . . .
. . ..no, it's not what you're expecting . . .it's . . .

:gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Julie

If I'm not wrong, wasn't Geena Davis in that movie? Good one!!! Samuel L. Jackson was in that, too. He's in one of my guilty pleasures...

Snakes On A Plane

Laugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzballLaugh it Up fuzball

hollie
December 18th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I love all of them but i love everything about christmas the only thing i don't do is cover the outside of the house in lights i always want to but there are better things to spend the money on Cheerleader

rebelheart
December 19th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Yes to both questions, Elizabeth. The movie is full of great one-liners.
Julie