PDA

View Full Version : How's it going? Are you ready for Christmas?

ChristieSilvers
December 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I can't believe that Christmas is only a week away. Today was the last day of school for the girls. They don't go back until January 6th. smilies/aah.gif

All of my shopping is done. But I do need to get stocking stuffers tomorrow. The hubby still doesn't know that he has an Xbox 360 under the tree... even though he keeps begging to open it early. He's worse than the girls. :wacko:

And today I got some fabulous, wonderful, extraordinary news.........

My laptop will be home tomorrow!!! Bouncy Icon Smiliesmilies/cloud9.gif:biggrin:Bouncy Icon Smilie

Dell called to let me know that the repair had been completed and that my beloved Annie the laptop had been shipped back to me. I looked up the Fedex tracking number and she'll be home tomorrow. Woohoo!

Now, just keep all fingers and toes crossed that my files are still in there and intact. I've been very down since this mess happened last week at the thoughts of having to rewrite my entire manuscript. All of my notes, character names, settings, etc. are in there in another file as well.

I'm staying optimistic that all is well within Annie and that my manuscript is okay in there.

So how are things with all of you? It's been quiet in here, but I know you're all just busy with the holidays. So pop in and let me know how you are. :wub:

Saturn Moonie
December 18th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Busy Busy! Christmas kinda snuck up on me, I coulda sworn I had like an extra week.

I started Operation: Clean House! Last night, I will continue it shortly. Gotta clean before my mommy comes down from Penn. on Wed. :shifty: Can't have her see the mess that is my house.

Also (so horrible of me), I STILL haven't decorated the tree yet!!! YIKES. It's just a naked tree w/ leftoever tinsel from last year...reeeeeally gotta get on it. As I talk about all I gotta do, I'm beginning to doubt if I'll accomplish it in time. Maybe I should take a day or two off from work. Eh we'll see, I always end up making it.

I go my roomie's present in the mail today, yay (Twilight movie companion) and I got the new Cynthia Eden in the mail as well (love free books, lol), which she was so nice to autograph. And um, I haven't been writing cuz I've been kinda busy. And cuz my TBR pile is growing frantically! I really gotta read read read.

I'm also waiting to hear on a part time job I applied for. (Blogger for a new teen-based website) I reeeally hope I get it, but now I'm doubting myself hehe.

Ok I think that's it Christie, I gave you mooore than enough info on my life. No one else need write anything, got it covered. Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
December 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
LOL! Yes, sounds like you have a lot left to do. You do realize that it only takes like 20 minutes to decorate a tree, right? LOL Just do it woman!

Good luck with the blogging job. Hope you get it. :-)

I'm sure you'll make it and accomplish everything before next week. I have faith in ya!

hollie
December 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I just need to finish wrapping presents and get the food organised and i'm done. Well i need to pick up the kids bikes and hide them in a neigbours garage other than that and remembering to leave out a mince pie for Santa (which i have to make) i'm all finished :clap:

Saturn Moonie
December 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Hehe I know dear, but my roomie wants us to do it together, and our work schedules haven't been matching up.

Oh yeah hollie reminded me, I also gotta finish Christmas shop and WRAP presents...haha.

Kim Smith
December 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Sigh. This is terrible. I have a tree up but not decorated. I have presents wrapped but not under it yet. I have no food planned or bought. I have no stocking stuffers bought yet. I am totally sucking at this Christmas thing this year, y'all. I am blaming it on the book coming out and how much promoting I have had to do! Think anyone is buying it?

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Yep I'm totally ready for Christmas. My little cousins have started counting down the days and text me every day to let me know when it is. LOL

ChristieSilvers
December 19th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Ooohhh, I'm so happy to say that my dear laptop returned to my lap today AND still has all of my files exactly where I left them. Bouncy Icon SmilieBouncy Icon Smiliesmilies/cloud9.gifsmilies/cloud9.gif

Whew! I swear I ws so heartbroken that my manuscript could be gone. As soon as I turned the laptop on I copied the manuscript and all my book notes to my flash drive. This will NOT be happening again.

Now, the girls just left to spend the night with my mom, Tim is in the shower, and we're going out to dinner ALONE. We're going to do some grocery shopping and pick up the last of the sticking stuffers too.

I'm so glad that Christmas is nearly here because I'm ready for it to be over with. LOL!

Oh, I took the girls to see Santa today (after the Fedex guy came) and I have a cute pic to share as soon as I find the time to scan it. :biggrin:

Thanks for all the crossed fingers and toes for my file recovery. :wub:

hollie
December 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
oh thats great Christy and have a good night out

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Have a great night Christie. We're having a little Christmas party tonight. It's going to be so much fun!

Saturn Moonie
December 20th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Hope you're happy, I FINALLY decorated the tree. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/images/laughitupsmilie.gif

I also started cleaning my room...boy what a mess in a half it is! But I just finish it either tomorrow (if I'm not too tired from work) or Sunday.

I got my TBR pile all in one place now, yay. http://coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon10.gif Wanna see?

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/SaturnMoonie/362.jpg

ChristieSilvers
December 20th, 2008, 09:56 AM
OMG!! That is one huge pile! Congrats on decorating the tree and cleaning up, but damn that's a lot of books. LOL! That would have me set for at least a good year.

Soooo, where's my book in that huge pile? :biggrin:

Saturn Moonie
December 20th, 2008, 11:38 AM
LOL! That's only my PRINT TBR, I got e-books too :giggle:
I knew you were gonna ask about your book, it's actually NOT there. Awww don't be sad! It was in my purse when I took that pic :shifty: cuz I started reading it. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon10.gif It's really good so far, not that far into it though, Fiona is on her way to her parents, she just left her friend the voicemail. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon12.gif

CharmedGirl
December 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
I've read all the ebooks I've got and I think I only have about 5 print books in my TBR pile. That means I'll have to go and buy more books. LOL

hollie
December 21st, 2008, 04:00 PM
I have loads of books to read both e-books and paperback