PDA

View Full Version : Free Short Story For Christmas

Helen Scott Taylor
December 20th, 2008, 08:36 PM
To celebrate the holidays, I have a free short story, A CHRISTMAS CRUSH, up on my website.

If you have a few spare minutes pop across to the first page of my website www.helenscotttaylor.com (http://www.helenscotttaylor.com) and click on the link to the pdf document to read the short story A CHRISTMAS CRUSH. Here's a quick blurb:

Eighteen years ago, Richard walked into Penny's life on Christmas Eve and stole her heart. But she was too young for him and he married another. When his wife walked out on him Penny thought she had a chance. But has she lost him to another woman again?

When you've read the story, leave me a comment here to let me know what you think.

Happy holidays!
Helen

rebelheart
December 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
What a sweet story, Helen!
Oh, the agony of waiting so long.
Julie

Dani
December 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM
That was excellent Helen! I loved it. :biggrin:

hollie
December 21st, 2008, 05:05 PM
That was so sweet

Helen Scott Taylor
December 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Thank you for the comments, Julie, Dani and Hollie.

I've recently discovered how much I enjoy writing short stories. My first published short story, a paranormal romantic story called Jack's Garden, is due out in the My Weekly Spring Special in February. But will only be available in the UK. I'll add the story to my website after the magazine is published.

Helen

hollie
December 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
My mum used to read My Weekly i didn't realize it was still being published ( i know i should be ashamed)

Helen Scott Taylor
December 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hollie,

To be honest, I hadn't read My Weekly until I looked around for magazines that publish short stories. I was surprised they accepted my story as it's paranormal, and not their usual type of story. There are some good short stories in My Weekly and Women's Weekly.

Helen

hollie
December 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM
i've seen Womans weekly it's in WH Smiths but i don't remember seeing My weekly I'll have to look when i go into town.

Is your new paranormal contected to The Magic Knot?

Helen Scott Taylor
December 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
The short paranormal story in the My Weekly magazine isn't connected to The Magic Knot. But my next full-length novel is a sequel to The Magic Knot.

Helen

hollie
December 22nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
cool this is going to make an excelent series

Catherine Bybee
December 23rd, 2008, 12:42 AM
Sooo sweet. Thanks for the free read.

Helen Scott Taylor
December 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Catherine. Glad you enjoyed the story.

Happy holidays!
Helen

Kim Smith
December 24th, 2008, 02:38 PM
loved the story Helen and loved your website too! very nice :)
i have a free short story up on my website too, but i didn't do it as PDF. and now i sort of think i should have...

Helen Scott Taylor
January 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Kim. Glad you enjoyed the story. The PDF file was easy to make. I downloaded the software to make the file for free.

Helen

CharmedGirl
January 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Great story Helen.