PDA

View Full Version : Food Network

lcsamano
February 3rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
How many of you watch Food Network? If so do you have favorite show? Are you brave enough to try any of the recipes?

I am a huge Rachel ray fan. i have made a few of her recipes. I also like Sandra Lee. I think it is great that you can save time doing things that are already prepared. It is so fast and easy.

Karenne
February 3rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
I love the Cooking Channel. Everywhere I look anymore I see rachel Ray! I do like her new magazine. It is great.

My Favorite is Good Eats. That guy is great. I love how he explains everything and how it works. So awesome. My husband will actually watch it with me. That is saying something!

And yes, I do try things out. I have made several things that we have actually added to our menu list.:clap:

Mary E
February 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM
You've made some food network stuff huh boss So uh when will those plates be ours to sample here ? Yes we may be connected by Cyber spacealone but that does not me we are not all hungry little monkeys in adorable cyber space clothes :clown:

Karenne
February 4th, 2007, 02:49 PM
snicker..that would make life more fun wouldn't it. Have a friend eMAIL you a meal...that would be so good. Fudge chocolate chip brownies via email!:roflmao:

MadisonChase
May 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
I love Emeril and yes, I've tried his recipies..... on advernturous nights. :lol:

Karenne
May 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Madison! I have missed you!

MadisonChase
May 29th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I've missed you too. :)

Liadan
June 2nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Karenne I agree with you and so does my hubby. Alton Brown is great and I love the humor he throws in as well as the interesting information.

I started watching the Food Network when I stumbled across Jamie Oliver's show, The Naked Chef. Boy can he cook.

Emeril, well being from Louisiana and some of the recipies he shares, why would I NOT love Emeril?

Lainey
June 17th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Actually my mom and dad, 2 brothers and one grandfather my dad'd dad were all born in Fall River, Massachusetts. And that is where Emeril is from the Portuguese section there... is why mom made us linguica all the time with scrambled eggs she grew up in the Irish section and my dad the French section there in the city but she was near the Portuguese I guess so learned to love some of their stuff.

Another reason I love Emeril the accent does come thru a bit .. anyway I love Emeril and my mom loved him she would tell everyone he is from her hometown haha...

Lainey

Snowpea
June 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I used to love Yan Can Cook. He was hilarious, and he made some good recipes.

I do love the Food Network. I'm starting to get tired of so many of the shows that move around the country and don't really show them cooking - $40 a day, Tasty Travels, Giada's Bash, etc.

As for cooking some of the recipes that are shown on the FN, I do use some of them. Most are from Paula, but I find Giada has some really great easy recipes. Rachel spices her stuff waaaaay tooooo much for me. I don't understand how someone can eat stuff that hot.

AngelaSteed
September 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Alton Brown has such a great show. I love learning the science behind cooking. Has anyone seen the seafood episode when he's on the fishing boat? Ah, too funny. :lol:

Linda L Lattimer
September 11th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Angela, I watch him on the Iron Chef showdown things, and the asphalt series where he takes the trips, I don't always watch him on the thirty minute segments he has, was it one of those episodes where he is on the boat - I loved the first segment of the asphalt series where he didn't want to hit the rabbit and he and his bike went down

he is so humorous and I just like to watch him when I have the chance, and didn't I hear he was from Ga, around Atlanta, too???

Linda

AngelaSteed
September 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
His 30 minute segment is called Good Eats. The episode is called Shell Game IV (Scallops).
Next time it airs is September 12th at 2:00 AM est. That's tonight! I'll have to record it.

AngelaSteed
September 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Oh, and my husband makes Mr. Brown's Gingersnap ham every Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's absolutely tasty! :tt2:

Linda L Lattimer
September 12th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks Angela, I will set the Tivo, I am watching the last episode of their road trip on feasting on asphalt now, because I missed it Sunday night, but I will set it and watch it in the morning

again thanks bunches
Linda

Linda L Lattimer
September 13th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Well, Duh, I wasn't thinking, Angela and didn't get to set the Tivo because it was already after the 2 a.m. time, but maybe months down the road it will come back on, I checked the listings and so far there was nothing in advance on it...right after I posted last night, I didn't get to finish any problems, our elec went out for almost two hours, all over. Seems there was a storm in the area and I was sitting here posting and watching Alton, and blink in the dark.

Hope you are having a good day

AngelaSteed
September 13th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Well, they play reruns like it were Gilligan's Island back in the day. :lol: And at least you have a good excuse with your electricity going out, I forgot to set it up to record the minute after I said I was going to.

Jennifer
September 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I've tried a couple of recipes from the Food Network website, as well as drink recipes. My food has turned out pretty good from the recipes posted on that site. Emeril has a good lemonade alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverage too. I saw it one day on his show and had to have it. :)

MadisonChase
September 17th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Linda, I think he shows at the Harry's in Alpharetta, so north atlanta. But yes, he's in Atlanta. I love his shows. Love all the shows on Food Network. Those people can make you hungry WHILE you're eating! I swear I get fatter just watching Paula Dean cook. ;)

Taryn Raye
September 18th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I love watching Food Network. Paula is my favorite, but I get a kick out of Alton as well. My 4 year old loves watching all the cooking shows, especially the Barefoot Contessa, but most of what she fixes is awfully fancy and calls for a lot of ingredients I never have on hand! LOL

I have fixed Paula's pretzels before and they are delicious. I tried a recipe by Rachel Ray once...it was a peanut baked chicken or something but it called for tabasco sauce...just a dash added to the egg wash for battering the chicken, but boy it set my stomach on fire!

I liked Paula's boys show Road Tasted until they did an episode where they were going around places near Louisville, Kentucky. They implied that every place they went was in Louisville, which wasn't true at all.

They went to Rebecca Ruth to see them making the bourbon balls, but that's in Frankfort and Bauer's Candies in my hometown of Lawrenceburg. I was disappointed that they not only failed to mention where these places really were, but that they implied they were all within Louisville. Shame on the boys! LOL

I LOVE Guy Fieri from Guy's Big Bite and Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I love that he finds places that are not necessarily on most people's radars, where the food not only looks delicious, but it wouldn't tear a hole in your pocket either.

AngelaSteed
September 19th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Tyler Florence makes the Ultimate food! I made his bbq chicken, walnut cole slaw, and the corn bread. Wow...it was alot of work...but sooo yummy! I :notworthy: him.

Taryn--I know what you mean about Paula. She's such a great cook. I made her chicken pot pie with the pastry puffs. So so good. Great, now I'm hungry. :swoon:

Linda L Lattimer
October 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I am constantly watching the Food Network Channel and love Paula Deen, she always makes me laugh, I have tried going to her restaurant each time we go to Savannah and the line is always long...

Rachel Ray I love, and watch her daytime show too, and love Alton and Tyler and Giada, hmm, did I spell her name right? But love most all of them on there

Linda

Jennifer
October 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Anyone looking forward to the "new" Iron Chef? I am!!! :)

maddie james
February 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'm just finding this thread. I'm a major Food Network Junky! I'm watching the wedding cake competition right now. I like Iron Chef, too, as others have mentioned. Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, Barefoot Contessa,, and some of the specialty shows. I saw a new one yesterday about the Neely family in Memphis who does the BBQ. Oh! I also like Throwdown with Bobby Flay.

Okay, is there a 12-step program for this?

maddie, who also just contracted to write a cookbook!

Karenne
February 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
I don't think so Maddie (wink) but at least you have a place to hide your addiction!Laugh it Up fuzball

maddie james
February 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
Okay, so sounds like you guys have got my back, eh? :) Too cool. Can you help me through the chocolate addiction, too?

maddie

Linda L Lattimer
February 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Maddie, that is such great news, I am anxious to hear about your cookbook

I practically TIVO every thing anymore on Food Network, and love the throwdowns with Bobby

Linda

maura
February 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Okay, so sounds like you guys have got my back, eh? :) Too cool. Can you help me through the chocolate addiction, too?

maddie

Maddie, chocolate is not an addiction it is a religion.

Maura

Daelith
February 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I enjoy Food Network on the weekends. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is one of my favorites as well as anything Paula Deen is on. After watching anything on this channel though, I find myself in the kitchen wanting to fix something.

maura
March 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I enjoy Food Network on the weekends. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is one of my favorites as well as anything Paula Deen is on. After watching anything on this channel though, I find myself in the kitchen wanting to fix something.

I just love that Icon Daelith, I am a dog servant myself.

Daelith
March 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Thank you!!

Jennifer Shirk
March 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I love the Food Network, too! I even get their e-mail newsletter. Around Christmas time, they do this 12 Days of Cookies thing, where the 12 days before Christmas, they send me a cookie recipe a day. It's sweet! (Literally):detective:

I'm a Sara Moulton fan--although I haven't seen her in AGES. She used to do Cooking Live. Her cookbook is one of my personal favs.

Linda L Lattimer
April 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I try to tape as much on the weekends, on the Food Network, because I love their line-up

hugs Linda

mizztara71
April 7th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I love The Barefoot Contessa and Paula Deans shows. I even ordered several of the cookbooks, but i've yet to try one single recipe.

AngelaSteed
April 15th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Tyler Florence is my hero. :notworthy:

Jennifer Shirk
April 15th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Tyler is pretty cute, too. :whistilin: