PDA

View Full Version : Need title and author of book.

SydRae
January 8th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find my book I found it on PaperBack Swap.com. It's called "Constant Craving" by Tori Carrington.

Hi, I'm looking for a Romance book that I used to have but when I moved it seems to have disappeared. I'm almost positive it's a Harlequin but I can't be sure. It's about a woman named Eve who works in an accounting office where her boss is under suspicion of fraud. A new guy works there (he is an undercover cop, dressed like a nerd but obviously in good shape), his name is Adam. Anyway she has to go visit her parents who are expecting her to show up with her husband (who she divorced), so she asks Adam to go with her. When they show up he's supposed to use her exes name but instead accidentally says his name is Adam, her mom finds this strange but thinks its perfect since they are very religious (Adam & Eve). Her dad owns some sort of boating business, however she is not allowed on the boats because he is old fashioned and superstitious.
Anyway anyone who can help I really appreciate it, I really liked this book and would like to get a new copy.

hollie
January 8th, 2009, 07:40 AM
My mum reads a lot of harliquin books and her name is Eve so she might remember it. So i will ask when i see her next week and get back to you if nobody else has found it. You have told us alot more about it than we usually get

Karenne
January 9th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I don't know the title but it sounds great.

Lainey
January 11th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I am not sure of that book either but it sounds good especially with the Adam and Eve theme though not allowing a woman on a boat is preposterous to me I love to sail haha.

hollie
January 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I asked my mum and she said ahe hadn't read it either sorry i can't help

Reviewer Danielle
January 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a Romance book that I used to have but when I moved it seems to have disappeared. I'm almost positive it's a Harlequin but I can't be sure. It's about a woman named Eve who works in an accounting office where her boss is under suspicion of fraud. A new guy works there (he is an undercover cop, dressed like a nerd but obviously in good shape), his name is Adam. Anyway she has to go visit her parents who are expecting her to show up with her husband (who she divorced), so she asks Adam to go with her. When they show up he's supposed to use her exes name but instead accidentally says his name is Adam, her mom finds this strange but thinks its perfect since they are very religious (Adam & Eve). Her dad owns some sort of boating business, however she is not allowed on the boats because he is old fashioned and superstitious.
Anyway anyone who can help I really appreciate it, I really liked this book and would like to get a new copy.
Can you tell us what year you got this book? anything else about it? I went to www.eharlequin.com (http://www.eharlequin.com) and went to advanced search and typed in all kinds of key words "Adam Eve boat accounting office fraud" etc. and this is what it came up with: http://www.eharlequin.com/catalogsearch.html?searchType=2&keyword=Adam+Eve+Accounting+office+Fraud+boating+s tore+&vcname=Catalog_Search&x=6&y=13 I hope that helps! good luck

SydRae
January 13th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I found my book it's called "Constant Craving" by Tori Carrington. I was off on her name it's Eva. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

maura
January 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
glad you found it !

Maura

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find my book I found it on PaperBack Swap.com. It's called "Constant Craving" by Tori Carrington.

Reviewer Danielle
January 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Congrats glad you found it. Tori Carrington is a good author and one I would like to keep to I am sure.

Lainey
January 13th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I am so happy you found it and Tori Carrington is great.

Maria M.
January 27th, 2009, 02:58 AM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> :unsure:I read a blurb of a book and now I can’t get it out of my head, but I forgot the title and the name of the author:(. The book reminded me of Cheyenne McCray’s magic series. From what I remember of the book, there is a witch (girl) whose coven is being attacked and she summons someone to save them. The person she summons has a bad reputation and it sounds like he could be a threat to her and her coven, like he isn’t necessarily good. I know this is very vague and probably impossible to know what I am talking about, but I would appreciate any help I can get.

Reviewer Danielle
January 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
<META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE><META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE> :unsure:I read a blurb of a book and now I can’t get it out of my head, but I forgot the title and the name of the author:(. The book reminded me of Cheyenne McCray’s magic series. From what I remember of the book, there is a witch (girl) whose coven is being attacked and she summons someone to save them. The person she summons has a bad reputation and it sounds like he could be a threat to her and her coven, like he isn’t necessarily good. I know this is very vague and probably impossible to know what I am talking about, but I would appreciate any help I can get.:phone:

Maria,
Is it by chance Anna Windsor's The Dark Crescent Sisterhood series? There is bound by shadow, bound by light and bound by flame. Here is her website in case you are not sure: http://www.annawindsor.net/ Good luck!

Maria M.
January 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
It sounds close, but I don't think so. The excerpt isn't the one I remember and there wasn't anything about her summoning him. :no:

rebelheart
January 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'm glad to know that! I'd been wondering.
Julie

Dani
January 27th, 2009, 09:32 PM
:unsure:I read a blurb of a book and now I can’t get it out of my head, but I forgot the title and the name of the author:(. The book reminded me of Cheyenne McCray’s magic series. From what I remember of the book, there is a witch (girl) whose coven is being attacked and she summons someone to save them. The person she summons has a bad reputation and it sounds like he could be a threat to her and her coven, like he isn’t necessarily good. I know this is very vague and probably impossible to know what I am talking about, but I would appreciate any help I can get.
Do you remember if it was a paperback book or an ebook?

D. Dye-vitch36
January 27th, 2009, 10:35 PM
OHHHHHH I just read that one...Oh Shoot what was the title??? The guy is a "bad" demon like dude. He eats souls or something similiar and she calls upon him becuase someone is killing off her coven members. None of them wanted her to call this guy...and she offers her BODY in exchange for his help. It was really, really GOOD!

Maybe one the anthologies I just picked up???

BRB...let me go check my stash.

<META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE><META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE> :unsure:I read a blurb of a book and now I can’t get it out of my head, but I forgot the title and the name of the author:(. The book reminded me of Cheyenne McCray’s magic series. From what I remember of the book, there is a witch (girl) whose coven is being attacked and she summons someone to save them. The person she summons has a bad reputation and it sounds like he could be a threat to her and her coven, like he isn’t necessarily good. I know this is very vague and probably impossible to know what I am talking about, but I would appreciate any help I can get.

D. Dye-vitch36
January 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM
WOO HOO...It's "Everlasting Bad Boy's" it's an Anthology series that was FANTASTIC...

"Spellbound" by Cynthia Eden: No witch in her right mind would summon an immortal soul-hunter to her aid, but Serena Tyme needs Luis D'Amil's help to destroy the warlock who's stalking her coven. And she's willing to pay any price he names...especially when the tall, dark, sexy-as-hell assassin shows her he can work some sensual magic of his own...

<META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE><META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMARIAM%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE> :unsure:I read a blurb of a book and now I can’t get it out of my head, but I forgot the title and the name of the author:(. The book reminded me of Cheyenne McCray’s magic series. From what I remember of the book, there is a witch (girl) whose coven is being attacked and she summons someone to save them. The person she summons has a bad reputation and it sounds like he could be a threat to her and her coven, like he isn’t necessarily good. I know this is very vague and probably impossible to know what I am talking about, but I would appreciate any help I can get.

D. Dye-vitch36
January 27th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Let me know if that was it. I'll be curious to know.

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:A6AP2ObpQbeqJM:http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/c4/c21416.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/c4/c21416.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/e/cynthia-eden/everlasting-bad-boys.htm&usg=___u_kHZZ7j_3JEnTpIigeTmpNkNw=&h=480&w=316&sz=19&hl=en&start=1&sig2=O6AU-__pjmccFTqybf8q7g&um=1&tbnid=A6AP2ObpQbeqJM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=85&ei=gsh_SeT2NJf0sAPA_uwW&prev=/images%3Fq%3Deverlasting%2Bbad%2Bboys%26um%3D1%26h l%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1T4DKUS_enUS240US240%2 6sa%3DN)

Maria M.
January 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM
That was it!!! :huepfen017:Bouncy Icon Smilie I remembered reading that excerpt and really liking the book and I wanted to buy it but I realized I forgot the name of the title. Thank you so much!!!! I know I didn't have a lot of information to go on, but thanks for figuring it out for me.

Karenne
January 28th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Way to go Vitch! thank you everyone for helping Maria to find the book!