PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, I think I made a HUGE mistake!

ChristieSilvers
January 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM
Last weekend the hubby and I switched our cellphone service over to Verizon. He begged and pleaded for me to get unlimited text. I did.....

Big mistake....

He's texted me like 30 times in the last 3 hours!!!smilies/aah.gif

I am soooo screwed at getting any work done today.

The girls finally went back to school today too. They were out Monday for MLK Day and yesterday for snow. Soooo, I was hoping to work today.

I'll let him have his fun today,but when he gets home he's going to have to hear about how I have to work if I'm ever going to get this book done. Sheesh! :hissyfit:

I swear, sometimes he's worse than the children. Laugh it Up fuzball

Kim Smith
January 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Isn't that funny? We have a friend who is in his 70's and he recently got a cellphone and now is just crazy about it. He even ditched his land line and tells everyone to do likewise. This is from a man who doesnt own a computer at all!

ChristieSilvers
January 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
LOL! So funny!

I can tell that Tim is definitely going to use his monies worth in this new phone plan. I told him the extra $30 a month better be worth it and he's determined to prove it is. LOL

hollie
January 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
lmao sometimes they are worse than the kids when mine got his internet phone he would sit in the kitchen doing his emails 5ft away from the computer

ChristieSilvers
January 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
LOL! That's terrible.

hollie
January 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
little boys and their toys Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
January 21st, 2009, 06:49 PM
So true, So true...

Crystal-Rain Love
January 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
Hmmm... Mr. Man doesn't know how to text or do anything at all that has to do with the computer. He gets so cranky when he asks me to do something on the internet for him and I tell one of the kids to do it for him, especially when I tell the 5-year old to. I guess it is kind of belittling, which is what makes it so much fun!FunnyTongueSmilie

Saturn Moonie
January 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Hmmm... Mr. Man doesn't know how to text or do anything at all that has to do with the computer. He gets so cranky when he asks me to do something on the internet for him and I tell one of the kids to do it for him, especially when I tell the 5-year old to. I guess it is kind of belittling, which is what makes it so much fun!FunnyTongueSmilie

You're so bad!!! I LOVE IT! :giggle:

Catherine Bybee
January 22nd, 2009, 01:05 AM
Yes... the big boys are much harder to deal with then the young ones. LOL...
Best of luck m'dear.

destinyrae
January 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
Not only are you dealing with a boy and his toy. It's a NEW toy.

ChristieSilvers
January 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
LOL! Yep, you're all correct.

I had a chat last night about the texting. What's really funny is that his phone battery died around 2pm yesterday from all his morning usage. LMAO! I think that showed him that he was a little over the top yesterday.

I haven't heard a peep out of him today. I just sent him a neat picture I came across this morning and that was our first text of the day. Hopefully I didn't just crack the dam again. LOL

hollie
January 22nd, 2009, 12:46 PM
mine has just got a new car and a new computer he doesn't know which to play with half the time and if he complains the car is dirty again i'll take his keys away how can it stay clean when he's driving it on wet dirty roads Laugh it Up fuzball

ChristieSilvers
January 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
LOL! I could totally see Tim doing the same thing, Hollie.

Isabel Roman
January 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Oh, I love unlimited texting. I admit, Verizon's plan is one of the best, and yes I'm addicted to both texting and picture sending. I've used the threat of cancelling unlimited and having them pay for each text sent at 10 cents a text. It usually works wonders. *G*

ChristieSilvers
January 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
That's definitely a great threat! I'll have to remember that one. LOL

hollie
January 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
my favorate teen punishment is "NO MSN for a week" that usually makes them do what they are told. for the younger ones it's No X-box360 but i need to change that to No Wii

ChristieSilvers
January 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I use the Xbox 360, the computer, and the phone for threats against my kiddos. Those usually work really well. Another one that works (though I hate using it) is no books for a week. You'd think I'd killed my oldest with that one. It only gets used for REALLY, REALLY bad stuff.

The hubby's texting is much better this week. He's kind of worked around it by only sending me flirting, lovey-dovey texts that I don't mind one bit. LOL! It's quite interesting what we can now say to each other without having to worry about little ones hearing OR running up the phone bill (since it's unlimited texting). LOL!