PDA

View Full Version : I am ormanigized... or ... uh, something.

kayelle_allen
January 27th, 2009, 02:50 AM
:omg_2: I've been reading up on how to be more organized. I have a really great book I bought about four years ago on this subject and last weekend I finally found it! It was in a basket of clothes that were supposed to be mended. Its' weird, because some of the things in that basket would have fit my kids years ago, so I have no idea whose they really are. Maybe someone else's stuff got mixed up with mine somehow... :nah:

Anyway, there's this cool chapter on organizing online. I've always felt I had a good handle on that, and then ta-da! I discover you can make sub forums and move things on here. HugMe (me hugging Karenne / Karen who taught me how to do this!)

Hopefully this will really help now that I have a brand new book coming out in about 20 or 21 days. *happy dances* I'm off to post the cover and show you how hot it is. Check out the cover and art section. Woo hoo!!

Dani
January 27th, 2009, 08:35 PM
That's great that you are now organized better Kayelle! Can you tell me the name of the book please because I could use all the organization help I can get offline or on. LOL!

rebelheart
January 27th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Same here, Irish!
Julie

hollie
January 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Karenne is amazing :wub:. she keeps teaching me stuff as well. have fun now that you can play more in the forum

kayelle_allen
February 10th, 2009, 03:34 AM
That's great that you are now organized better Kayelle! Can you tell me the name of the book please because I could use all the organization help I can get offline or on. LOL!

The book is called Oranize Your Office! Simple Routines for Managing Your Workspace.
Authors Ronni Eisenberg and Kate Kelly. They also wrote Organize Yourself! It came out in 1994 from Hyperion Press. I bought it at a seminar on guess what? Organization! I think I paid $5 for it. No idea if it's still in print. Try Amazon.

The other place I go for info is Get Organized Now. It's a terrific forum-style site. They have a newsletter (http://www.getorganizednow.com) that comes out once a week and is full of tidbits and ideas from other readers. Monthly on the site, there's a list of things to do that each take a few minutes, but over the period of a month, you get amazing things accomplished.

I don't try to do everything they suggest, but use it as a springboard. The best secret I learned was ETE. Erase The Evidence. If you get out all the stuff to make a sandwich, use a paper towel to catch all the crumbs beneath your bread. When you're finished, before you eat your yummy sandwich, put the closer back on the bread, pop the cold stuff back in the fridge, and then put the sandwich on a small plate. Add a pickle or chips - whatever you like, and then use that paper towel to wipe up all the crumbs, and then, keeping them inside, carry it to the trash and drop it in. When you look back, you can't tell you were ever there.

I taught my family that trick and we will tell each other "Hey! ETE!" they thought I was telling them to eat more at first. lol

Step two, which I really love, is to empty the dishwasher within an hour of it finishing (or in the morning if it runs at night). That way you can plop that sandwich plate straight into the dishwasher instead of the sink. The flatware basket is divided by type of utensil. We usually say I need a knife, fork, and spoon rather than using the words in another combination. So in the left front I put knives, then forks on the right, small spoons behind them, and big spoons behind the knives. My basket has a larger section with a lid, and unless there are really small things that will get blown out, I use it for tongs, serving spoons, and so on. When it's time to put things away, I carry the caddy to the silverware drawer and can grab the contents of each section and pop them in place. Very fast.

Ok, up front, my house is not even close to being organized in every room. I have to hide things when people come over, but I am working on it!

I will tell you one thing though, my office is really starting to shape up!

Dani
February 12th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks Kayelle! At this point anything will help. My house isn't that bad, but it's not good either. LOL!

kayelle_allen
February 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I was rummaging thru drawers as I'm getting ready to move in a couple of months, and I came across a pizza cutter that is old, well worn, and brought back a lot of memories.

When my 3 kids were small, I would make peanut butter & jam sandwiches. line them up, and then run the pizza cutter down the middle. then it was easy to do one pass the other way and all 3 sandwiches were cut.

That pizza cutter was also used on pancakes and waffles. It also made a handy cutter for pie crust. Of course, these days, the Pillbury Dough Boy makes mine. :biggrin:

Nice thing about it is your hands don't get sticky, and I can toss mine in the utensil compartment of my dishwasher.

Oh, one more handy use: pizza!:rockon: