PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy...the hunks of our creations.

AngelaSteed
January 30th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I was just wandering...wondering what fantasy-type hero is your favorite. If you write in the fantasy genre, I'd like to read about your own hunky hero and what he's like. What kind of tribulations has he gone through with, and for, the heroine?

Here's a few things about my hunky hero, Derrick, from my book The Sea's Embrace:

He actually has no name. A man working in a mens apparel shop in London gave him his name after he walked into his store naked. :notworthy:

He's been buried alive twice and spent centuries floating on the river Styx, waiting for the heroine to save him.

He has a dilapidated ship named Pegasus that he loves more than any of his possessions.

He believes his father is Poseidon.

He's the guardian of the magic in Atlantis.

Here's a short excerpt:

His muscular chest showed beautifully underneath his thin white long-sleeved shirt, buttoned only half way. His legs were strong in a pair of dark pants tucked perfectly into his high boots. And his long flowing black hair brought out his turquoise eyes, making her attraction for him soar into a tremendous moan of delight.

The bandit in him stole her heart again making her, just for a moment, forget he'd wanted to kill her just a week ago.

:err:

hollie
January 31st, 2009, 10:57 AM
oh wow that sounds amazing.... can you tell us more about it and from your discription it sounds like you have created my perfect hero. with a difficult past but still able to love a lovable rouge

AngelaSteed
January 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks, Hollie! I really love dreaming up hunky men. Derrick is definitely one of my favorites, next to Tristan the vampire (my favorite character). :notworthy:
The thing I really love about Derrick is he's right beside the heroine throughout the book, after their meeting of course. He's a little temperamental, but not in a bad way. He's very kind and would do anything for anyone. Did I mention he's sexy? mmhmm...

Edit:
I wanted to post a short description of The Sea's Embrace.

During a museum excursion, a controversial relic is pulled from the ocean depths - containing a mystery to which Katherine is inexplicably joined. Born of the old gods, punished and locked away, Derrick has crossed seas of time to find Katherine, until an unthinkable decision threatens everything.

Her heart would guide him home.
Architectural mastermind Katherine Shaw has left her career in the States behind to follow a passion for antiquity to The London Museum for Art and Archeology. During a museum excursion, a controversial relic is pulled from the ocean depths—a relic containing a mystery to which she is inexplicably joined.

His home might claim her life.
Born of the old gods, punished and locked away from love, Derrick has crossed seas of time to find Katherine. Chosen as the guardian of his land’s magic, he knows what Katherine doesn’t: her own mysterious origin and the danger she faces because of it. As they travel together in a place only heard of in legends, enemies and darkness surround them—until an unthinkable decision threatens the very magic that has brought them love.

hollie
January 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM
i love the sound of this book i've put it on my wish list :notworthy:

CharmedGirl
February 2nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Sounds great Angela.