PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about The Last Herald by Mercedes Lackey.

Jemcrystal
February 3rd, 2009, 02:54 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/Jemaniya/books/c1337.jpg
I've read the first book, "Magic's Pawn," and a couple of pages in the second, "Magic's Promise." I just want to know if there will be any more m/m in the rest of the series? Not the talking about being gay. I mean, will there be more romance? It seems pretty... well, there was a nice m/m romance in the first book but its not looking good for the rest of the series. Can anyone tell me if it will be worth it to keep reading?

:valentine3:

David Boultbee
March 1st, 2009, 10:36 AM
If you enjoyed the first book then the series is definitely worth reading. The second book, Magic's Promise, doesn't have any M/M but it expands on the relationship between Vanyel and his family. It's been a while since I read them but I do recall that much.

The third book, Magic's Price wraps up the trilogy nicely, tying together the various magical challenges that Van has faced over the years. It also returns to the M/M relationship in the first book but obviously with a difference, given Van's maturity and the maturity of his partner. There is also an interesting twist in terms of his partner that you might enjoy.

All in all a worthwhile series.

Hope this helps.

David