PDA

View Full Version : Demise of the Ficlets

sjwilling
February 11th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Alas, one of the fun places I used to play on the internet, Ficlets, run by AOL has been wiped out since AOL appears to no longer want to play with it. Fortnately one of the Ficlets developers managed to save the short, short stories stored on there before it dissappeared from cyberspace for good. So I am able to retrieve my few bits and peices from it.

The fascinating thing about Ficlets was you either started or continued someone else's short peice of work and all you were allowed were a total of 1024 characters including spaces. And some of them made fascinating reading as you browsed through them.

Anyway, since I'm bored and I have some free time allow me to flood you with a few of the ones I liked the most. :)

S.J.

CharmedGirl
February 12th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Cool SJ. I'll make sure to check them out!

hollie
February 12th, 2009, 06:44 AM
it sounds like coffee write you can come and play if you want

sjwilling
February 12th, 2009, 10:09 AM
it sounds like coffee write you can come and play if you want

heh heh, I tried coffee write a couple of times but I got the impression folks didn't understand my sense of humor in there so I kinda stopped joining in.

You know me, I have to make the story full of interesting twists, turns and twitters :)

S.J.

tree220
February 12th, 2009, 10:42 AM
heh heh, I tried coffee write a couple of times but I got the impression folks didn't understand my sense of humor in there so I kinda stopped joining in.

You know me, I have to make the story full of interesting twists, turns and twitters :)

S.J.

I think the correct terminology is WARPED sense of humor.

:err:

hollie
February 12th, 2009, 11:58 AM

S.J.

this time we have a different host author with a different genre every month

I think the correct terminology is WARPED sense of humor.

:err:

Laugh it Up fuzball

Catherine Bybee
February 12th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Oh no.... SJ bored? Are we in for another - Coffeetimeland story?

What was that called again? humm... need to go look.

sjwilling
February 13th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Oh no.... SJ bored? Are we in for another - Coffeetimeland story?

What was that called again? humm... need to go look.

You mean add a sequel to this (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=3696)? Hmm now that's an interesting idea :smartass:

S.J.

CharmedGirl
February 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM
You mean add a sequel to this (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=3696)? Hmm now that's an interesting idea :smartass:

S.J.

Very interesting idea SJ.

sjwilling
February 13th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Very interesting idea SJ.

Then It shall have to be done! But I will require the temporary use of Mildred...

Mwahahaha!

:firedevil:

S.J.

CharmedGirl
February 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Then It shall have to be done! But I will require the temporary use of Mildred...

Mwahahaha!

:firedevil:

S.J.

Well you'll just have to go and buy one. LOL smilies/bump.gif

sjwilling
February 13th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Well you'll just have to go and buy one. LOL smilies/bump.gif

Ah, I forgot all about Henry..... :biggrin:

S.J.