PDA

View Full Version : March 11-Win a Basket of Books & Goodies

Lisa Marie Wilkinson
March 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
My debut historical romance novel "Fire at Midnight" was released by Medallion Press on March 1.
<O:p</O:p
To celebrate, I will be the guest blogger on TJ Bennett's blog on Wednesday, March 11.

Please come visit me at http://www.tjbsopinion.blogspot.com where I'll share the "story behind the story" about "Fire at Midnight." Enter a comment on TJ's blog, and you'll be eligible to win a wonderful prize basket. The basket contains several autographed books (including my own debut release) and a $20 gift card.

<O:p</O:p"Fire at Midnight" was a finalist or winner of more than 40 writing contests in its unpublished form, including the Maryland Writers Association Novel Contest and a Bronze Award from the Pacific Northwest Writers Association Literary Contest.
The novel was recently awarded a 5 star review by Amazon reviewer Harriet Klausner, a 4 star rating by Romantic Times Book Reviews Magazine, and a 5 Blue Ribbon Rating from Romance Junkies.
Here is the blurb:
It is 1703, and Rachael Penrose is confined to Bedlam Insane Asylum in London after discovering her uncle Victor plans to kill her brother in order to inherit the family fortune. Victor leads a gang of criminals and uses French privateer/smuggler Sébastien Falconer as the scapegoat for his crimes. When Victor spreads the lie that Rachael informed the authorities of Falconer's smuggling activities, Falconer vows revenge on the girl.

A dangerously ill Rachael finally escapes from Bedlam, only to find shelter in Sébastien's carriage, and ends up in his care. It is a twist of fate that will alter both their lives forever.

Believing she is in danger from Sébastien, Rachael meets up with his estranged twin brother, Jacques, a customs officer intent on bringing his brother, the famous privateer, to justice. But the real criminal is still at large, and she and her brother are still in danger.

Will she discover the truth and save both their lives . . . and her heart?

Excerpts are available on my website!

Lisa Marie