PDA

View Full Version : Playlists?

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
April 1st, 2009, 06:39 AM
Some authors have playlists while writing the books that sets the mood for scenes, like Yasmine Galenorn for example. Keri, what kind of playlist would you have for your books? Are they different each book or do you have the same playlist?

I apologize if it's a bit confusing what I mean with playlists.

KeriArthur
April 6th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Some authors have playlists while writing the books that sets the mood for scenes, like Yasmine Galenorn for example. Keri, what kind of playlist would you have for your books? Are they different each book or do you have the same playlist?

I apologize if it's a bit confusing what I mean with playlists.

I usually have either a playlist or a CD I use for each book. Bound to Shadows was written to Kings of Leon--Only by the Night. Riley 9 is being written to Lifehouse--No Name Face. Deadly Desire was written to a mix of songs, but mainly Alan Parson's The Time Machine. I also listen to a lot of Enigma (I've used all five CD's over various books). The first three books were written to the following list:
Angie Stone-Wish I didn't miss you
Chicane--Saltwater
Chris Isaak--Baby did a bad, bad thing
Frankie goes to Hollywood--Relax
Freestylers--push up
Gabrielle--when a woman
George Michael--amazing
Iio--rapture
Joni Mitchell--both sides now
Kosheen--Hide U
Liberty x--just a little
Madonna--frozen
Melissa Etheridge--I want to be in love
Pete Murray--so beautiful
Santana--game of love
Chris Isaak--wicked games
Duran Duran--come undone
Sting--Desert Rose
Riva/Danii Minogue--who do you love now
Mike Oldfield--celtic rain

:)

Dani
April 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
That's an awesome playlist Keri! I love Baby did a bad, bad thing (and a few other song on the list) and I can see you writing a Riley scene listening to it.

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
April 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I totally agree! That's a very awesome playlist!