PDA

View Full Version : "Deadly Desires" Thoughts (Possible Spoilers)

RedPixy
April 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
OK, I just got finished reading Deadly Desires by Keri Arthur..I just wanted to say I wasn't disappointed! SO GOOD! Lusty Drool Smilie I loved the last chapter (I was wondering if Quinn was going to stay in Riley's life). I'm so excited about the next Riley adventure and what happens next. What'd you guys think??

CharmedGirl
April 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Yep I agree RedPixy.

I'm so looking forward to book 8 of the Riley series. It's going to be great if the blurb in the back of Deadly Desire is anything to go by.

christinac
April 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I have to say I love me some Quinn, but I'm becoming a Kye fan!!
Cannot wait for the next book!!!

CharmedGirl
April 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Me too Christina. I really liked Kye in Deadly Desire.

RedPixy
April 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Kye definitely has the hot hot HEAT radar going for me too.
**I didn't see a blurb...what blurb??? Did I miss it???? Lol. I just got a newsletter about it. {redpixy demands you give her more!! me want details} hehe

RedPixy
April 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Just noticed that the thread is up for deadly desires...heading over to it....

Dani
April 8th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Please always look for other threads about the topic you want to post about to make sure you're not making another. I know most people mean well by starting new threads, but we're trying to keep doubles to a minimum unless started by authors in the promo thread and their own forums (because they do that to get more people's attention).

CharmedGirl
April 9th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Kye definitely has the hot hot HEAT radar going for me too.
**I didn't see a blurb...what blurb??? Did I miss it???? Lol. I just got a newsletter about it. {redpixy demands you give her more!! me want details} hehe

In the book (which is the Australian/UK edition) I've got it's got a cool blurb for Bound to Shadows.

hollie
April 9th, 2009, 05:36 AM
In the book (which is the Australian/UK edition) I've got it's got a cool blurb for Bound to Shadows.

maybe i should have waited for the UK edition instead of getting the US one sent accross :giggle:

RedPixy
April 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I'm going to have to do a google search for the blurb...maybe I'll find it. Hehe...

Ah--I forgot about the Deadly Desire thread...you can close this thread. Thanks.

CharmedGirl
April 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'm going to have to do a google search for the blurb...maybe I'll find it. Hehe...

Ah--I forgot about the Deadly Desire thread...you can close this thread. Thanks.

Keri said she'll put the blurb up for Bound to Shadows when Deadly Desire has been out for a while.

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
April 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I have to say I love me some Quinn, but I'm becoming a Kye fan!!
Cannot wait for the next book!!!

Jumps up and down. You are? WOOHOO!!! I'm not the only one! QUICK! Create a Kye fans thread! LOLZ!!

CharmedGirl
April 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Jumps up and down. You are? WOOHOO!!! I'm not the only one! QUICK! Create a Kye fans thread! LOLZ!!

Maybe a Kye fans thread will get started closer to when the next book is released.

christinac
April 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I agree with ya CharmedGirl.
He's all super sexy but he might do something in the next book that I will want to kick his a$$ for. :lol:

RedPixy
April 13th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Gah I hope not. He has this whole mysterious sexy thing going on...hubba hubba. I can't remember for the life of me when he came in though. Remind me gals. :)

christinac
April 14th, 2009, 06:16 AM
RedPixy you mean when Kye came into the books?

Dani
April 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Gah I hope not. He has this whole mysterious sexy thing going on...hubba hubba. I can't remember for the life of me when he came in though. Remind me gals. :)
He was the bodyguard for Blake and Patrin in Embraced by Darkness (book 5).

RedPixy
April 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I'm going to have to reread parts in book 5. I guess since it's been so long since I've read any of the books (well within the last 7 or 8 months, but I go through 5 or 6 books a week) is why it's harder to remember.

christinac
April 15th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I've kind of dwindle down on keeping it to about 10 series I'm mainly reading. I wait for the books I've pre-ordered to come in. Now in my spare time I've been working on my family history.

RedPixy
April 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Family lineage...that sounds pretty cool. I have a book my nana (grandmother) gave me that makes lineage very easy-but if my family isn't butting heads they're off god knows where. Lol

Crystal-Rain Love
April 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Awww, am I going to be the only Kye hater? I guess hate is a strong word. I don't hate him, and I had the inkling he was going to be "the one" from the moment he showed resistance, but out of all the books in this series, even through the whole Kellan drama, and whatnot, this is the one that made me tear up. The end to me was just so bittersweet, and I'm totally buying the two soulmates since she is both wolf and vampire, but it seemed like the wolf was much stronger... I love Quinn. I don't want their relationship to suffer because of Kye. smilies/bawling.gif
What really sucks is I just started this series. This is the first time I'm going to have to wait for the next book. Talk about being spoiled. I'm ready to throw a hissy fit. LOL!

Dani
April 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
No Rain, you aren't the only one. On the Chapter 1 thread, I've said I don't like him. I've got a bad feeling again, kinda like the one I had about Kellen before, so I'm going with my feeling. I think Kye's hot, but that's where it ends. LOL!

Crystal-Rain Love
April 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
No Rain, you aren't the only one. On the Chapter 1 thread, I've said I don't like him. I've got a bad feeling again, kinda like the one I had about Kellen before, so I'm going with my feeling. I think Kye's hot, but that's where it ends. LOL!

It'd be nice if the drug in her system causes her to go more vamp than werewolf and kind of lose that need for a "soul mate", then she can just choose Quinn because he's the best :theman:

CharmedGirl
April 16th, 2009, 02:51 PM
It'd be nice if the drug in her system causes her to go more vamp than werewolf and kind of lose that need for a "soul mate", then she can just choose Quinn because he's the best :theman:

It would be nice because Quinn rocks but every girl needs a soulmate.

Dani
April 16th, 2009, 02:52 PM
That's what I keep hoping! LOL!

Crystal-Rain Love
April 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
It would be nice because Quinn rocks but every girl needs a soulmate.

LOL! I'm still going to stomp my foot and have a hissy. Heck, send Quinn my way. I'll go solo with him. :wub:

CharmedGirl
April 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
LOL! I'm still going to stomp my foot and have a hissy. Heck, send Quinn my way. I'll go solo with him. :wub:

I think most of us would like Quinn sent their way to go solo with. LOL

Dani
April 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
You'll have to get on the list Rain. Bec, Hollie, DG and a couple of others along with myself have been playing pass the vamp (and other of Riley's men) for a while. I believe Nessy had him last. Or was that Hollie? I believe I had Ben and Bec had Kade at last check (she hogs Kade from the rest of us) LOL!

Crystal-Rain Love
April 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I think most of us would like Quinn sent their way to go solo with. LOL

Yup. He's awesome. I rarely get "hooked" on one hero so much. For example, I really don't care who Anita Blake ends up with anymore (not that I think the woman will ever settle down with one), but I'm like, in the Quinn fan club or something.
But that's what I love about Keri. She can write a heroine who has multiple partners in a way you can STILL feel the connection between the ones who truly belong together. :notworthy:

Crystal-Rain Love
April 16th, 2009, 03:04 PM
You'll have to get on the list Rain. Bec, Hollie, DG and a couple of others along with myself have been playing pass the vamp (and other of Riley's men) for a while. I believe Nessy had him last. Or was that Hollie? I believe I had Ben and Bec had Kade at last check (she hogs Kade from the rest of us) LOL!

I only want Quinn so you guys can share the rest. smilies/bump.gif LOL!

CharmedGirl
April 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I've still got Kade and I'm not sending him back! LOL

Dani
April 16th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I only want Quinn so you guys can share the rest. smilies/bump.gif LOL!
Quinn was supposed to be on the way to me. Not that I'd never tell if I had him or not cause then someone else would try to come get him. LOL

Dani
April 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I've still got Kade and I'm not sending him back! LOL
That's fine hon, you can keep him. I had my fill. Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
April 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
That's fine hon, you can keep him. I had my fill. Laugh it Up fuzball

You've still got Ben Dani, so you shouldn't need Kade because Ben is all...umm there are way too many words to describe him that I don't know where to start.Laugh it Up fuzball

Dani
April 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
You've still got Ben Dani, so you shouldn't need Kade because Ben is all...umm there are way too many words to describe him that I don't know where to start.Laugh it Up fuzball
Yes, I know that too. I get tongue tied trying to describe him. Hmmm, I think I'll keep him and Quinn since I'm feeling up to it. Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
April 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yes, I know that too. I get tongue tied trying to describe him. Hmmm, I think I'll keep him and Quinn since I'm feeling up to it. Laugh it Up fuzball

I think we could list many words to describe the men in Keri's books.

RedPixy
April 16th, 2009, 10:15 PM

Totally agree!!
Ugh...November here yet?? I'm ready for the next one already.bhowdysmilie.gif

CharmedGirl
April 17th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Totally agree!!
Ugh...November here yet?? I'm ready for the next one already.bhowdysmilie.gif

November will come around very quickly. I mean we are already in April...well actually we're on the back half of April and almost in May. :swoon:

Where has the first third of the year gone?

christinac
April 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I'm going to be the good girl and take Kye off everybodies hands since I don't think anybody else wants him!:lol: I think I'll be busy for a while!!:whoohoo:

The first part of the year has definitly flown by next month is my birthday!

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
April 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Quinn was supposed to be on the way to me. Not that I'd never tell if I had him or not cause then someone else would try to come get him. LOL

Hmmm? Maybe he took a detour and the next stop is DaniVille?

CharmedGirl
April 30th, 2009, 03:09 AM

Or maybe he hasn't left Riley yet and is still in Melbourne. Why is it that she gets all the luck? LOL

Dani
April 30th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I wish!! He can come to me anytime. :devil:

Or maybe he hasn't left Riley yet and is still in Melbourne. Why is it that she gets all the luck? LOL
Because she's Riley, that's why. Personally, I want her luck with these men. Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
April 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Because she's Riley, that's why. Personally, I want her luck with these men. Laugh it Up fuzball

I'm sure we all want the luck she has with her men. Laugh it Up fuzball

christinac
May 17th, 2009, 12:00 PM
you got that right!!