PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer

HywelaLyn
April 14th, 2009, 06:46 AM
This is my rescued Jack Russell, Bouncer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/Lyn32/HeadthroughfenceMay08-1.jpg

Before he was taken in by the shelter where I adopted him from, he'd been ill treated and had a broken hip and pelvis which had been allowed to heal without a vet! Consequently he's on daily medication, but a sweeter, more affectionate and happy little dog it would be hard to find. He gives me so much love and filled the hole left by my previous little dog.

I would urge anyone who is looking for a dog, to consider adopting a 'rescue'. They are so rewarding and the love they give is amazing considering what some of them have been through - and you might be saving a little life as the shelters are so full dogs that cannot be found homes are often euthanased - their only crime is that they had no one to love and care for them!

CharmedGirl
April 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM
That dog is very cute.

HywelaLyn
April 15th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks Charmed Girl - yes he is a cutie - and he knows it and milks it for all he's worth, bless him!

Kimberly
May 12th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I have 5 dogs. All of our dogs have been rescued with the exception of our latest addition. I am a big believer in rescued pets being grateful for the love and affection after the life they may have led. Congratulations, Hywela. Bouncer is a cutie.

HywelaLyn
May 13th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Thanks Kimberley. Yes Bouncer is a real sweetheart and gives so much love and affection - as you say, rescued pets show their gratitude and by returning the love 101 per cent!

sabby07
May 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
He is super cute!

Miss Mae
May 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I love Bouncer, he's a doll! :)

HywelaLyn
May 18th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Aw thanks MM. You know as much as anyone, the love these rescues give each and every day, having four rescued dogs yourself! I am so thankful that Bouncer found us!

And Sabby - so sorry I missed your comment before, thank for your kind comment. Licks to all, from Bouncer. (He does the lick bit well!)