PDA

View Full Version : Sex and historical paranormals

Eva Lefoy
April 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Lyn,

I love your description of what you write. I have been working on a Regency era fairy story involving a fairy man, a human girl, a bad fairy brother and sister team, and of course, a magic ring.

My question to you, as a published author, is whether or not a curse that does not allow the fairy man to ... um...penetrate a woman would be too off the wall?

And the problem is, he's cursed because he was drugged by a bad fairy and accidentally killed his wife thinking she was sleeping with another man.

If I was a human chick in the Regency period, I might take a step back from a man who'd accidentally killed a woman. But would readers blink and eye?

Help!

Thanks,

Yakkity

Christina Phillips
April 23rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
LOL! This heading caught my eye!

Hi Lyn, I live in Australia although I'm originally from the UK. I'm in the middle of polishing my historical, paranormal erotic romance! I'm hoping to get it out the door next week!

Lyn Armstrong
April 27th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Lyn,

I love your description of what you write. I have been working on a Regency era fairy story involving a fairy man, a human girl, a bad fairy brother and sister team, and of course, a magic ring.

My question to you, as a published author, is whether or not a curse that does not allow the fairy man to ... um...penetrate a woman would be too off the wall?

And the problem is, he's cursed because he was drugged by a bad fairy and accidentally killed his wife thinking she was sleeping with another man.

If I was a human chick in the Regency period, I might take a step back from a man who'd accidentally killed a woman. But would readers blink and eye?

Help!

Thanks,

Yakkity

Hi Yakkity,

I have a couple of questions for you. Can the fairy man (hero) ever have sex with the heroine? I assume this issue is resolved in the book at some stage. If so, then I don't see a reason why you can't have that conflict in. It would be great for sexual tension. However, I do see a problem with the hero killing his wife even if it was an accident. You will need to walk a fine line with this one. The hero could lose likabilty with the readers, which is a death toll. Perhaps the hero is led to believe he accidently killed his wife but instead it was orchestrated by the villan for a reason only he knows. Just a suggestion.

I hope this helps you.

Let me know how it turns out.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
April 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM
LOL! This heading caught my eye!

Hi Lyn, I live in Australia although I'm originally from the UK. I'm in the middle of polishing my historical, paranormal erotic romance! I'm hoping to get it out the door next week!

Hi Christina,

I used to live in the U.K and I'm from Australia. LOL. So you write historical, paranormal erotic romance... MY FAV. Lusty Drool Smilie

Good luck on your submission. Keep me posted.
Lyn
xoxo

Eva Lefoy
April 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Lyn,

Yeah, it does concern me that the hero won't be sympathetic enough. Sure, the bad guy drugged him, but .... how does the character recover from that?

Maybe I make it not his wife but a London hooker? Would that work?

Thanks,

Yakkity

Christina Phillips
April 28th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks, Lyn.

I love the sound of your Celtic Witch series!

Lyn Armstrong
April 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Lyn,

Yeah, it does concern me that the hero won't be sympathetic enough. Sure, the bad guy drugged him, but .... how does the character recover from that?

Maybe I make it not his wife but a London hooker? Would that work?

Thanks,

Yakkity

Hmm, a life of a hooker is still a life. I don't think he will be able to bounce back. The only way I can think of him getting around it is if he thinks he killed his wife/hooker but in fact he did not. She is on the scheme with the villain. Just a thought. :shifty:

Good luck.
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
April 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks, Lyn.

I love the sound of your Celtic Witch series!

Thanks Christina. I really enjoyed writing the Celtic series. I'm a little sad that Witch Hunter is the last book in the series, but I'm ready to write something different. :wub:

Lyn
xoxo

Eva Lefoy
April 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hmm, a life of a hooker is still a life. I don't think he will be able to bounce back. The only way I can think of him getting around it is if he thinks he killed his wife/hooker but in fact he did not. She is on the scheme with the villain. Just a thought. :shifty:

Good luck.
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn,

Ooh, you're good. Did I happen to mention the villain has an evil sister? Could work that in somehow.

Thanks for setting me straight!

Yakkity

hollie
April 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks Christina. I really enjoyed writing the Celtic series. I'm a little sad that Witch Hunter is the last book in the series, but I'm ready to write something different. :wub:

Lyn
xoxo

i'm looking forward to what you do next :notworthy:

Lyn Armstrong
April 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Lyn,

Ooh, you're good. Did I happen to mention the villain has an evil sister? Could work that in somehow.

Thanks for setting me straight!

Yakkity

Oh even better. A mysterious, sexy villainess lures him into a chamber and he wakes with her laying in a pool of blood next to him with his bloody dagger in his hand. He thinks she is dead, how could anyone lose so much blood and still live? LOL...sorry I'm going off in my own fantasy world.

Lyn
xoxo

hollie
April 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Oh even better. A mysterious, sexy villainess lures him into a chamber and he wakes with her laying in a pool of blood next to him with his bloody dagger in his hand. He thinks she is dead, how could anyone lose so much blood and still live? LOL...sorry I'm going off in my own fantasy world.

Lyn
xoxo

I love how your mind works it only needs a little idea and goes off at mach speed Twirling

Lyn Armstrong
April 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
i'm looking forward to what you do next :notworthy:

LOL. Thanks Hollie. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon12.gif

Lyn Armstrong
April 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I love how your mind works it only needs a little idea and goes off at mach speed Twirling

LOL. Occupational hazard. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon6.gif