PDA

View Full Version : A Cursed Heart Released Today! Excerpt, too

Tambra
April 23rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi eveyone,

A Cursed Heart was released today from Red Rose Publishing.
www.redrosepublishing.com (http://www.redrosepublishing.com)

A portion of the proceeds of the book go to Full Moon Farm. A safe haven for wolves and wolf dogs.

This is a sensual, historical paranormal romance and published under my Keelia Greer name. If you love hot, alpha wolf shifters and Celtic fantasy this is the book for you.

Here's an excerpt to entice you. <grin>

A CURSED HEART
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Scottish Highlands
The time of Druids and Magic
This vision was different. No longer watching from a distance, she experienced his pain and anguish. Her muscles tensed, her fingers curled into fists against the consuming weight of the man’s suffering. His anguish bubbled over, scalding her in a hot wash.
“Come to me. With all speed...”
The words were rough, raspy and urgent. They echoed and repeated in Tani‟s mind. His deep voice surrounded her in the vision, but what spoke to her soul were his eyes. She gasped and shivered from the intensity of his gaze.
She tried to move but could not. Tears slid down her cheeks at her inability to help him. Her training as Druidess had not prepared her for visions such as this—with all of her senses engaged, the feeling in all areas of her being heightened and magnified.
Light like summer breeze, her spirit prompted, searching for the source of his agony. Her mind probed and she reached for his hand to offer comfort. Only her fingertips grazed his, but the flash of sensation from their brief touch ignited her woman’s hunger. “Aye, I will come.”
The vision ended leaving fear and frustration rolling in a jumbled mass. Her stomach clenched into a handful of hard little knots. She took a few deep breaths to ease the tension thrumming its tight melody on her muscles.
Tani could not decipher why the vision continued. For the last three moon cycles, the dark haired man had appeared in her dreams and uttered the same heart-rending plea. Each time he appeared the longing within her for the warrior grew, and with it, the unrelenting determination to lift the sadness that wrapped him like a wet, woolen cloak. She longed to see him smile, to feel his skin against hers.
What surprised her more than anything—no man had made her feel this way before. Despite the feelings he stirred, danger loomed. Thrice the signs of water, animal, and earth warned her of treachery—and unrest in the village escalated.
Despite the wariness hanging over the community, she couldn‟t pull away from the seductive call of the mysterious man; his presence wove its spell, and her thoughts returned to the golden-eyed warrior.
His muscular body had bowed in reverence to the shining essence of the powerful god deep in the forest. The warrior tipped his head back and held out his arms, as if in surrender. A silver glow surrounded him and he shifted gracefully into a beautiful white and gray wolf. His beauty and strength in both forms brought tears to her eyes.
Why does this vision continue to haunt me? How can I find this warrior to help him?<o:p></o:p>

CharmedGirl
April 23rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Congratulations on the release Tambra.

I like the excerpt.

Tambra
April 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Bec,

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I'd love for this title and Cowboy of the Night to break the top ten at the publisher and Fictionwise.

Hugs,
Tambra

Debora Dennis
April 30th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hey girl - congrats on that new release! :clap: